The online racing simulator
Rear-ended
(37 posts, started )
Yea, what I've noticed too is that its usually the bad drivers with the high-powered cars. I'm certainly a much better driver than the kid who drives the new BMW to school that his parents bought him... but I get stuck with 165 HP and All-Wheel-Drive.

Hell, I had to help a girl out who went to my high school because she slid off the road with literally a COATING of snow on the way in the morning - driving a V8-powered RWD Ford Thunderbird - it's such a joke. I actually had to get in the car and help another kid pull it out with a tractor...
Just look in your mirrors. It's obvious who is going to keep their foot in through the braking zone. You just get out of their way. Then pass the cars that didn't look, and got hit. Simple. Works for me every time.
Quote from tristancliffe :Just look in your mirrors. It's obvious who is going to keep their foot in through the braking zone. You just get out of their way. Then pass the cars that didn't look, and got hit. Simple. Works for me every time.

can't say that works for me everytime but yeah quite often

Quote from goop :A proper defensive driving course incorporated into the licensing process would be a good place to start.

Proper driving courses would be a good start I agree, but I don't believe it would be enough. It might actually encourage some to be more aggressive

I think there is not enough 6 ft 300 pound police offices to give you a good shacking up these days. I still remember some of my encounters with burly cops on the other hand I hardly recall speed camera infringments, I just don't think speed cameras are an effective deterent.

Quote from goop :You don't need horsepower to kill yourself, though.

It's true you don't need horsepower to kill yourself but there are alot that die because they have horsepower especially in country areas, I know of several cases of young blokes doing deliberate drifts around bends at 160+ km/hr that have come too grief.

I don't understand why they don't limit P plate drivers to uncustomised low powered cars, similar to bike licenses. Young blokes wanting to show that they are men and powerful cars are a recipe for disastor imo.
I think that over the course of the 6 hours behind-the-wheel the instructor should place you in either Class A, B or C. One of them means you're probably going to kill yourself and are limited to a certain type of car, one has less limitations and one has no limitations - or SOMETHING along those lines. I find it ridiculous that people with no CONCEPT of how to drive a car are given the same road rights as people who subconsciously understand the physics behind how the car behaves and instinctively know how to drive.
Quote from Mille Sabords :
Quote from Glenn67 :
I rear-ended another car this morning.
I tell you, I knew right then and there that it was going to be a REALLY bad day!
The driver got out of the other car, and wouldn't you know it...
He was a DWARF!!
He looked up at me and said "I am NOT Happy!"
So I said, "Well, then, which one ARE you?"
And that's how the fight started.

Thanks, that made my Monday morning at work!

It did me as well, but there was more......

To make things worse Happy was taken to court by Snow White for slander. She told the judge she had heard Happy say she had been sleeping with another of the dwarfs.

Happy explained to the judge that all he had said was "that Snow White was f***ing Dopey"
Lol glad it made some monday blues less blue

@ al yeah in LFS all cars should have tow bars and no roo/bull bars allowed that will fix em I remember someone rear ending me once, the practically wrote their car off (holed the radiator and crumpled front end) and I drive off with barely a scratch
The solution to rear-enders: Make the front of the car fragile so you end up with suspension, steering or radiator damage for the rest of the race - detrimental to handling and performance. That would make people take more care and make on-line racing far more realistic.
al heeley, you should rig your car like the one in your avatar. That way when someone comes up behind you, just press a button and your car pops up in the air and they go right under you :P
Quote from Woz :??? I have passed all the tests in LFS. Its not that hard to pass clean.

They are easy enough to pass clean, but In all my experiance they made NO attempt to modify there line based on what ever else was around them...

As a specific example for the test @ backwood I would pass the first 3 on the first corner, and come out of the chicane with enough speed to pull out on the right side of the AI...
The AI slowly sweeps his line across the track for the small kink in the straight...More then once I was stuck with out enough speed to pull in front of him, and If I didn't brake to fall behind him he would side swipe me about half way down the straight.....

They seem to just drive their line...no matter what.
Quote from RedCoupe :In all my experiance they made NO attempt to modify there line based on what ever else was around them...

They seem to just drive their line...no matter what.

sounds like perfect training for racing against a lot of online drivers
Quote from Woz :
I live in NZ where you can drive ANY car from the age of 15 without the need for insurance so I already know the answer. The white cross at the side of the road is a NORMAL site here.

my naighbour drives tractor since he can reach foot pedals

and half of ppl that live in moutains drive cars coz they are only ones around there .. like in desert lol so no problems with that , ur goverment rox
rear-ended another car this morning.
I tell you, I knew right then and there that it was going to be a REALLY bad day!
The driver got out of the other car, and wouldn't you know it...
He was a DWARF!!
He looked up at me and said "I am NOT Happy!"
So I said, "Well, then, which one ARE you?"
And that's how the fight started.

LOL ... Just got back from a work colleagues funeral and was feeling quite sad and upset. That has cheered me up and my mate would have appreciated that to ( God rest him ). No offence to the vertically challenged by theway. Thx M8

Rear-ended
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG