The online racing simulator
Problem with Fast Forward in Replays
Well, with my old PC i had the problem that i couldn't speed up the replay to 32x, it was just a slideshow, but 16x was fine (in chasecam at least).

Now i got i new PC (Athlon64 3500+, GF 7800GT, 1GB Ram). LFS runs smooth, i got about 130fps with full AA/AF and max settings.
But i can't speed up to more than 8x. If it's at 16x or more, it just a slideshow again and goes back to 1x.
That happens in every camera view and even at 640x480!

Does anybody know the reason for this? Is it an option LFS that i maxxed out that don't like fast forward?

Maybe someone knows the problem and/or a solution for this.
It's a little bit annoying if you need to fast forward a replay and can only use 8x.
This is OK I think. I am also unable to speed-up replay more than 8x. 16x work qiute ok, 32x is "lagga-lagga" and after a while it slows back to 1x again. Check if you have all background tasks terminated(firewalls, anitiviruses etc.) Also check your BIOS settings if you know what to do there If it is a new PC, your BIOS might be set to faik-safe" settings that reduces peformance

In 32x replay acceleration your CPU must calculate physics 4x FASTER than in 8x mode, and that is pretty much more loadement on it....
should work fine for u.... im on a athlon xp 2600 + @ 2 ghz and i can speed up to x 32 without problems... hmm strange
Quote from MadCatX :This is OK I think. I am also unable to speed-up replay more than 8x. 16x work qiute ok, 32x is "lagga-lagga" and after a while it slows back to 1x again. Check if you have all background tasks terminated(firewalls, anitiviruses etc.) Also check your BIOS settings if you know what to do there If it is a new PC, your BIOS might be set to faik-safe" settings that reduces peformance

In 32x replay acceleration your CPU must calculate physics 4x FASTER than in 8x mode, and that is pretty much more loadement on it....

the performance is not the problem. LFS runs great, as all other games do. It's just the speedup that doesn't work.
#5 - ORION
Your settings are likely higher, thus it's slower than on he slower machine.
Try to set the lowerst value for multiplayer car draw and lower the lod.

btw. the screen res should have absolutely no influence, because the calculations which need to be done are mostly done by the CPU, I guess you could even run it at 2048x1536 if you disable "screenwidth affects lod".
it was the "multiplays speedup option". i just enabled it.

this has to be enabled. It doesn't matter if dynamic details reduction is set to 0.0 and car draw to the max then, it runs perfect at 32x.
Strange. I cannot imagine how can this option affect accelerated replays lagging.... well, but if it works, it is ok ..
#8 - ORION
Simply because it removes all cars and the required position and physics calculations if they are farer away than xxx from the camera
And there does be a difference between 3 or 4, and 20 cars

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG