The online racing simulator
#1 - tpa
2 Small setup sharing suggestions
1)
How about if one could specify in the options that you are always willing to share your sets?
Then people wouldn't have to ask you all the time, but could directly go to the names list and get your set without disturbing your racing for example...

2) (has been suggested before I think)
Would it be possible to have an option on LFS world, where people could get setups directly from uploaded hotlaps if the 'uploader' agreed with it?
Quote from tpa :1)
How about if one could specify in the options that you are always willing to share your sets?
Then people wouldn't have to ask you all the time, but could directly go to the names list and get your set without disturbing your racing for example...

2) (has been suggested before I think)
Would it be possible to have an option on LFS world, where people could get setups directly from uploaded hotlaps if the 'uploader' agreed with it?

For number 2, as a newbie yes please. We would however need to respect the wishes of the uploader if he or she preferred to keep their setup to themselves. From what I have seen of this community so far I don't see that as being a problem either way.
Very good ideas! I have thought about #2 myself but first one is good too.
Maybe there could be a checkbox in the setup screen where you could decide the setup to sharable (spelling...) or not. That way you can keep the setups you don't want to share to your self and share the ones you want.

I understand that some teams have their own setups and don't wish to share them, and I think this should be respected.

Great ideas!
Quote from Hyperactive :Maybe there could be a checkbox in the setup screen where you could decide the setup to sharable (spelling...) or not. That way you can keep the setups you don't want to share to your self and share the ones you want.

I understand that some teams have their own setups and don't wish to share them, and I think this should be respected.

Great ideas!

Yup, and for the number 2, id they add that one. Maybe a counter that shows how many times it have been downloaded?
#6 - tpa
Quote from Hyperactive :Maybe there could be a checkbox in the setup screen where you could decide the setup to sharable (spelling...) or not. That way you can keep the setups you don't want to share to your self and share the ones you want.

Great ideas!

yupp, cool idea
Making it mandatory to have the setup uploaded with a hotlap so that people have a chance to beat a WR without having to hunt down a setup is a great idea. The amount of time i've spent hunting down WR setups from people isn't even funny.
There's no reason to force it, I usually share setups but am less keen with league races if I think it will give me the edge I need.

1 is a very nice idea I think, so long as you got a message telling you everytime someone nabbed your set.

2 Small setup sharing suggestions
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG