The online racing simulator
lfs shop products to in-game
(14 posts, started )
#1 - JTbo
How about if you could put LFS T-Shirt to your driver or passenger?
Or some other products there are available in LFS shop now or future, wouldn't that be quite special touch?
you really are a strange bloke, arnt you
Actually, that's not a bad idea.

But then again, there's recently been a lot of people complaining about the player hacker and wanting it removed..

I can see this suggestion being used in the road cars, and on cruise servers, but apart from that, nope.
That is going a bit too far with some pretty simplistic merchandise.... or any future kind for that matter.

Almost like a Ford Racing game where a driver can wear all Ford apparel :doh: LFS should just have proper racing suits. Can we buy an LFS racing suit from the shop?
#5 - JTbo
If I don't have a roll cage, why would I have a racing suit or helmet?

Ok, maybe helmet, but racing suit, hardly.

Surely LFS shop could sell racing suits too, maybe someone would even buy them but it is not perhaps going to make any money
Does not having a rollcage make your car less likely to catch fire?

To be honest, when I'm on track at all, I am always wearing a helmet - not doing so is just stupid, like not wearing leathers when riding a superbike. If I'm on track racing against other people, race suit is a definite thing, and that, after all, is what we do in LFS. Whether or not your car has a rollcage makes buggerall difference

So, sorry, but that's a thumbs-down for me. It's only a small step from customising your driver to, say, fitting spinners.

Sam
Oh no - I can sense That Discussion starting up again...
#8 - dadge
whooops, wrong room....*walks away whistling*
#9 - JTbo
It is just that I have not seen racing suit used in standard car without roll cage, surely helmet more often, but usually racing suit is used when things get more serious.

Anyway seem to be many don't like from this perfect idea, so maybe better then not to get it to game

Hmm, maybe I make a skin that looks like car has covered with LFS shirts, now how many that would annoy
a noddin dog in the back window ftw! or maybe a bart simpson pullin a mooney
Quote from JTbo :It is just that I have not seen racing suit used in standard car without roll cage, surely helmet more often, but usually racing suit is used when things get more serious.

How many times have you seen people racing in a standard car without a roll cage?

Sam
#12 - JTbo
Quote from Dark Elite :How many times have you seen people racing in a standard car without a roll cage?

Sam

Racing as testing who is better driver and who has faster car on highway or some small track, countless of times, today about 2 hours ago most recently.

Racing as governed action where there is organizing party and legal element, audience etc, well only from film, old times.

Depends how do you define it.

But certainly there are few small events where guys race in t-shirts in normal cars against each other on track, but there is no audience then, however start lights etc. exists.
I believe some Porsche club organized such event at least once or twice, but it is true that it is very rare, however fits best to LFS street car racing, imo.

Every proper racing where there is seasons and points do have rollcages and racing suits, also numerous other safety related features that keep entry costs insane, however chances to survive from crash are very good so price is justified

Can I have rising middle finger that I could map to my controller, would need one for IRL too, or perhaps learn to drive sign
What if the devs implemented a feature where if you buy the merchandise for real, you unlock it in game. Eg, buy a LFS T-Shirt, get given a code and use the same T-Shirt in game..

Just a thought...
Quote from JTbo :Can I have rising middle finger that I could map to my controller,

Now that, i like

Lets see if i can come up with something this week and maybe see you online

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG