The online racing simulator
#1 - Woz
900 degrees of lock on UF1, GTi and GT and more limited setup options
Wheels with 900 degrees of lock are far more common now so why not change the entry level cars (UF1, GTi and GT) to allow us to use it. It will not effect the other cars as wheel turn comp takes care of that.

These cars are road car grade so why not make them feel more like that. Limited setup options and 900 degrees of steering lock
Quote from Woz :Wheels with 900 degrees of lock are far more common now so why not change the entry level cars (UF1, GTi and GT) to allow us to use it. It will not effect the other cars as wheel turn comp takes care of that.

These cars are road car grade so why not make them feel more like that. Limited setup options and 900 degrees of steering lock

+1. I concour.
#3 - AW06
+1
I drive with 900 and always wish at least 1 or 2 cars would have 900.
Is there even any wheel that has 720? i thought the only wheel's close are the DFP and G25
Set your wheel turn compensation to zero while you have 900 in drivers and 900 in lfs.
What comes to road cars, I think each should have over 3 turns lock to lock to make it more real. GTR's are very nice on 900 deg, requires skill to drive on the edge because you can't drive them like Clarkson and expect to correct all with fast steering.
#6 - Woz
Quote from Moonclaw :Set your wheel turn compensation to zero while you have 900 in drivers and 900 in lfs.

Not the same. You have to change loads of settings and driver settings when you change cars then.

But you miss the point. Even 900 (2.5 turns) is not that much for a road car of the type these cars represent. Can't remember what lock my mini (Now sold on) had but I can tell you it was not 720
#7 - ajp71
Quote from Moonclaw :GTR's are very nice on 900 deg, requires skill to drive on the edge because you can't drive them like Clarkson and expect to correct all with fast steering.

But that's completely unrealistic, GTRs have little lock IRL for precisely that reason.
I agree, 900 on most of the cars makes more sense than 720.
#9 - Sm0k3
Why 900?

IRL for example my car has 720 wheel rotation..
Quote from Sm0k3 :Why 900?

because 900 is max setting in G25/DFP. road cars usually have even more than that...
Quote from Sm0k3 :Why 900?

what car do you have?
Two turns lock to lock on a Volvo? Can you post a video to prove it, because it sounds a bit unlikely to me.
I havent got a cam.. are you an Volvo enthusiast?
Is anyone? A contradiction of terms

Seriously, no I'm not a big follower of Volvo. I've test driven a few, but never paid attention to how much lock you get.
Quote from Sm0k3 :A Volvo s70..

I think i've driven one before... i think it had at least 3. maybe a different model?
A 2.9 turn wheel and feel sporty and quick at family or hatchback cars… eg ford focus has something like that…
You will see 3.5 rotations from lock to lock at most of the cars that have nothing to do with the “sporty feeling”.
3 rotations are 1080degrees btw…
Sporty cars have around 2.5 rotations lock to lock (eg S2000) and expensive sport cars have around 2.
a race car IRL like porsche, viper, vette etc probably have something close to 300°, atleast i drive with 300° in GTR2 etc..
Nope those real race cars have 540 I believe but certainly not 300
The ones in LFS has 540° but real race cars it might have even more. But the 540° is good "rule", obviously no GT car has less than that.

I'm bit confusing about one thing... e.g. FIA GT regulations says all steering equipments (including rods) must be original and obviously the street versions has a lot more lock... so?
Quote from deggis :The ones in LFS has 540° but real race cars it might have even more. But the 540° is good "rule", obviously no GT car has less than that.

I'm bit confusing about one thing... e.g. FIA GT regulations says all steering equipments (including rods) must be original and obviously the street versions has a lot more lock... so?

Can they not limit the wheel turn? I mean GT cars don't really run more than 540° rotation anyway, so couldn't they just make a stopper that limits it to 540° or however much they want corresponding with the wheel turn?
IIRC the (original) TVR Tuscan had 1.75 turns lock to lock (630°) but it got increased to 2.0 turns as it (apparntely) made the car hard to place and the steering too sharp. Worth noting the turning circle on those cars is also very large (for a car) due to lowish maximum lock.
Quite a few GM cars go with 900 or 1080 degrees, the front wheel drive cars biased more towards 1080.

Post #400 :smash:
#24 - Woz
Quote from Sm0k3 :A Volvo s70..

Unless you have a modified one I doubt that it would have that low steering lock.

As others have said, most real road cars have over 900. 1080 being common and some with even more. Even the new BMW Mini does not get down to 900 until you hit the Cooper S level of cars, the Cooper having 1080.

Volvo are not really known for being "sporty", I doubt even their T range have 720. I have to ask, were you taking the 720 as from the centre position to full lock or from fully left to fully right?
+1 to original post. (including the limited setup options)

IRL: 2.5/900 in the MX-3 and 2.25/810 in the MX-5

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG