The online racing simulator
Remove non-racing models
(41 posts, started )
Remove non-racing models
Hi all. A quick request from me.

Remove the non-racing models, i.e. the so-called 'casual' ones.

/me puts on flame-resistant suit

DK
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Hi all. A quick request from me.

Remove the non-racing models, i.e. the so-called 'casual' ones.

/me puts on flame-resistant suit

DK

Thats OK then, as that would be a 'racing model', wouldn't it?
Missing a helmet, so technically...no :S

/me puts on full racing gear <------ There

DK
Just to get it right: you mean the driver models, NOT the car models, do you? I certainly don't wanna lose the UF1, XFG, XRG, XRT, FXO, RB4, LX4, LX6, RAC and FZ5
#5 - ajp71
Quote from ColeusRattus :Just to get it right: you mean the driver models, NOT the car models, do you? I certainly don't wanna lose the UF1, XFG, XRG, XRT, FXO, RB4, LX4, LX6, RAC and FZ5

He's talking about the player hack, which IMO completely spoils any sense of immersion and really needs to go.
@Ajp: Yes.

I'll expand a bit. What I meant was that the player hack models, which are currently in LFS, need to go. I don't care if the cruise servers whine about it, LFS isn't made for them. They are a subset of a racing simulation.

It's like soccer players deciding on a new style of soccer, without the soccer body's blessing.
Maybe if you could choose a model with t-shirt and no helmet only in road cars would stop this? Obviously it would look better than the hacked model.

Maybe driver model gets some updates together with the new cockpits... especially the hands would need updating, they look so small.
Why is everyone complaining about this...

I think their stupid, i dont use them. However, something I find more stupid is the constant complaining about it.

Its not a performance boost.
It doesn't affect you.

Get over it.

If thats enough to distract you, you're not really doing so well at focusing in the first place. I dont even see the point of helmets and suits. Even in the open-wheel cars, I often dont even notice the helmets. I've been watching replays before and thought "he had a bright pink helmet the whole time?" ... i just dont notice. I look at the car, not the driver...
@rjm: It does affect you. If you're racing wheel-to-wheel at 100+mph and you see some godawful model, and it distracts you, how can you say it doesn't affect you?

DK
It doesn't affect me.
If someone wants to look like a tit, let them.
It doesn't bother me.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :If you're racing wheel-to-wheel at 100+mph and you see some godawful model, and it distracts you, how can you say it doesn't affect you?

Something like this?
A dead link page? :S

DK
There is this insim-app that CTRA uses, right?
Why don't ask them to 'borrow' that insim-app?

I get your point though.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :There is this insim-app that CTRA uses, right?
Why don't ask them to 'borrow' that insim-app?

I get your point though.

Becky released that Insim thing to spec people using the Robot People drivers

I dont get why its so distracting, you should be looking at the road, not making eyes with the person next to you
It looks extremely stupid when players are using the player hack thing, it should be baned long time ago imo.
Quote from The Very End :It looks extremely stupid when players are using the player hack thing, it should be baned long time ago imo.

It looks extremely stupid for grown men to be complaining of such things.
Quote from rjm1982 :It looks extremely stupid for grown men to be complaining of such things.

Well to my defense, I`m not completely grown up am I?

Hehe, but you have to agree, it doesn`t look good when they are driving without racing suit and helmets. It looks strange, and it shouldn`t look like that, at least not in a simulator.
What I _really_ can't believe is that the OP wasn't happy with his original 4 page thread.. oh no boys and girls! He needs to create another one too!

You need a life........... or something. I'll start a whipround

I seriously hope the OP uses cockpit view, never uses the F9 / F10 arcade displays... realism boys and girls.. realism! Need that realism factor sitting in an office chair holding a cheap plastic steering wheel

Regards,

Ian
@Ian.H: What I can't believe is that you can't accept that people want LFS to be a REALISTIC simulation. That means no stupid player models. They should be removed ASAP, they ruin the realism and immersion of LFS. You make the point about sitting 'in an office chair'. No. Several LFSers have custom-made cockpits, force-feedback seats and other gadgets and don't use 'cheap plastic wheels'. They strive for realism. LFS is NOT an arcade game. LFS should be as realistic as possible.
Ok Niko, let's remove KB/Mouse support then?

DK
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Ok Niko, let's remove KB/Mouse support then?

Yes! Let's! *organizes a mob by distributing torches and pitchforks*
I really couldn't give less of a s**t about what player model other people use, unless the league I'm racing in mandates certain appearances.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I really couldn't give less of a s**t about what player model other people use, unless the league I'm racing in mandates certain appearances.

+1

Remove non-racing models
(41 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG