The online racing simulator
Advance set up Mods ?
(5 posts, started )
Advance set up Mods ?
Hi i've been playing LFS from the very start and i've always enjoyed my racing and drifting, but i was wondering if there is any modifications for advance set up ?

Steering angle for a start ? the game has Ford serria spec steering angle, my bmw's and my Nissan skyline have far more lock and it takes me a fair while to adjust evertime i come back onto the game,

Caster on the XRT, it feels really low and would be nice to be able to adjust it more to give a better contact patch with the tyre on full lock as i'm having to add more camber to make up for this.

Tyres sizes.. this would make my day if there was a way to modify the tyre sizes in game, as pressures are not that great and tyres deform way to easly.

Now i know alot of you people don't like drifters, and tbh i stay out of the way of races so not cause a problem, i wouldn't mind if there was a mod so i can just play on single player as i would be more then happy doing so,

when my car was last set up at WRC Tech in silverstone the hunter messured 47degrees of steering angle, which is clearly been modified by myself, but it had around 40ish standard, the GTR has around 32degrees of lock but its 4wd. The bmw have crazy amount of angle out of the factory.

DO NOT POST IF ALL YOU GOING TO SAY.. WHY THIS.. WAY THAT. because i've not asked for an opinion i've ask if there is something i can use to help me.

Kind regards,

shiftlock
LFS Tweak can change tyre sizes

MiniMechanik can change car types (which have different limits on various settings)

Unfortunately, no one ever seems to release them both for the same patch! Grr. Anyways I'm not criticizing your requests, I'd like to do the same thing and a bunch more, but its not so simple anymore. Any of us can make an app that does all this quite easily (apparently so the coders), the problem is getting it approved these days.
Making the app is easy, polishing it takes some time, haven't looked at coming up with a rock solid licence checking method. Will get around to it eventually.
So who can i pay to make me such an app ? would make a cool game amazing. end of the day i've paid my rights to play the game and i feel anything i add on is upto me I wouldn't use it online as i have no interest in cheating as its not like racing were there is points to be earnt ect ect.

I hear what your saying on tyre sizes... but it changes the width of the rim also... It would be nice to run a 225/45R17 on a 9.5 inch wide rim... instead of the game making a narrow rim... strech tyres stop flex in the tyre wall.

On the same note, i understand the argument about drifters ect, but end of the day if its a true sim.. i should be able to get into a car in game like i do on the roads and expect the same level of control.

Its a weired thing i've noticed... because there is no DRAG on the front wheels when they roll around when going sideways you can feel this, the car can quickly stall the front wheels or you have to keep a level of turn in to keep the car into the drift... which you tend to notice alot of people doing as its almost understeering while your going sideways... a real car does not do this... you can almost let the front wheels free wheel with no positive or negetive turn effect and totaly control a car off the thorttle,

WEll thats something i've wanted to get off my chest for a long time

AND SORT THE DIFFS OUT !!!! WHEN DOES A 2way DIFF OPEN UP ON YOU LIFT A WHEEL!!! it don't sort it out. (if i'm wrong i'll send a message to Nismo about my Nismo GT-Pro 2way stays locked.... )
Regarding diffs, that is what the pre-load is for. I don't understand what you mean about the front wheel drag.

Advance set up Mods ?
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG