The online racing simulator
Its a language pack for the Scots
(9 posts, started )
#1 - jaimi
Right Its about 75% finished but i thought I'd put it out to let folk try. If there is anything that I've missed let me know this is still a work in progress.

Gouranga
Attached files
Scots.txt - 41.3 KB - 222 views
moved to language packs forum.
Heheh, great job!
My fav is "Gu'wah" for "exit"... that's hilarious...
#5 - jaimi
"Fit I wis tryin tae dae wis pit ta(y)gither ay langwige pak fir "Live Fir Speed", fir thu folk in Scotland tae use fir a wee bit o ah laff. Yae dinnae hae tae bee a scot tae usz it as itz fir fun. Whit (Fit) et dis is put mast thay inglish tae thay bonnie langwige 'tis thu wan cu'ld "scots". if yae dinnae und'rstand e'll transal't fir yu."

[translation]
"What I was trying to do was put together a language par
a laughThat is a small tast of what i am trying to put together the the language pack for "Live For Speed", for the people in scotlandto use for a little bit of. You don't have to be a Scot to use it as its for fun. What (what) it does is put most of the english to the beautiful language that is the one called "Scots". If you don't understand I'll translate for you."

"Scots" is classed as a language in its own right as french, greman and spanish are (just not as widley spoken). You are (probubly) familiar with the dying languages Gealic (irish) and Gàidhlig (Galic - scotish). But it was recently stated that "Scots" was also dying out. So i wanted to do my part in keeping it alive.

The scotish parliament have a page completely in "Scots" its quite a difficult page to read but proof that scotland is wanting to keep the "Old Tounge" alive.
http://www.scottish.parliament ... /language/scots/index.htm
#6 - jaimi
I have done a bit more work on the pack so here is the updated one. Just over-write the old one. found a bug so got rid of it
Attached files
Scots.txt - 41.3 KB - 198 views
#7 - jaimi
Quote from xaotik :My fav is "Gu'wah" for "exit"... that's hilarious...

Glad you liked it. Just looked at your profile there is no turtle at the bottom of the stack. They just keep going. According to "Science of the Discworld".
Quote from jaimi :Glad you liked it. Just looked at your profile there is no turtle at the bottom of the stack. They just keep going. According to "Science of the Discworld".

Precisely, but I can't change it, it would be like cutting me own throat.
#9 - jaimi
Quote from xaotik :Precisely, but I can't change it, it would be like cutting me own throat.

it would be hard to change the magical words in your head

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG