The online racing simulator
Di - Effect Error
(9 posts, started )
Di - Effect Error
Sorry if this has been posted before, tried to search for it, but didnt find anything

Since having LFS, I have used a Saitek R440 Mk2,

My only trouble is this error message which I get at some very random times

DI - Effect _ DIERR INVALIDPARAM

I get this when I try and use force feedback, or start the game for the first time on odd occasions.

This problem has got me, because sometimes lfs will start, u can start a race and FF is there, nice and strong
Other times, you start lfs, go to a race, and notice straight away that ff has failed, so, pause game, menu, disabled ff and re-enable, then i get the same error once again

If I do, doesnt matter how many times I restart the laptop, unplug-re-install driver for r440 it happens.

Thats what's getting me, there is no pattern to this, it happens completely out of the blue sometimes.

I have re-installed windows must be 20 times since I have had LFS (being a student, i love messin) and its always happened.

Never bugged me much before, but I felt like a good race tonight but cant get FF to work,

I also have the latest drivers from saitek

Any suggestions would be great

Thanks
Dan
#2 - Fuse5
Ive got the same wheel, and exactly the same error. ><
sadly no response from the team

Its very random, i can go for weeks without it, and then one day its off again

Wheel works fine in all my other games
Do you have any other Saitek, or any other HID devices? Such as gamer keyboards, or mice?

Edit: Incase anyone comes across this post in the future, the reason I asked was that Saitek appears to use similar components in their drivers for a number of devices. For instance their "gaming" keyboard and their r440 share some HID components, which means that LFS always picks up the predominate device - usually the keyboard in my instance. To fix this you need to disable one of the HID drivers. I've also had similar problems with devices from other manufacturers in the distant past.
Quote from the_angry_angel :Do you have any other Saitek, or any other HID devices? Such as gamer keyboards, or mice?

Hi

I have a standard usb keyboard (this is running on my gaming laptop) and sometimes use a cyber Snipa USB mouse, but the mouse is usually not plugged in when using lfs, it has happened without the mouse
It sounds like a saitek driver error, becuase other Saitek users have had that issue, and I've never heard of that happening on any other FFB wheel.
i have one too, and gave the same error for the first time today. I reinstalled the drivers, and downloaded the updater from saitek's web page. It solved the problem (at least for now).
Bumping, i have 2 MS Sidewinders... one with and one without FF, and i have a similar error... "DI: Effect - DIERR_UNSUPORTED". Anyone willing to help ? it was after patch X30, and after i installed the 2 sidewinders pmanager programs.
anyone helping ?

Di - Effect Error
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG