The online racing simulator
With new color coding, cant copy colors
Since to make colors you press CTRL, now when you try to copy a message with colors in it, the colors dont show up when you control v. Basically, now colors in a name your copying wont be copied. Hope you understand lol..
Yes that's true but it's not really a bug.

The problem is that the copy and paste works between LFS and other programs, using the windows clipboard. And with the new system if you type ^1 (for example) then you would actually see ^1. And the paste function works simply by typing in characters sequentially from the windows clipboard.

It would be quite easy to make it use colours if the copy and paste didn't go outside LFS. But because it does use the windows clipboard, with the new system, it's more difficult to make it insert the colour codes. Also, allowing the colour codes would cause some errors when pasting text from windows. For example ^v copied from windows would appear as | in LFS.

I think that's a bit of a confusing explanation. But my question is, how important is it to be able to copy text with colours? Before the patch, i was trying to think if that was ever important, but decided it wasn't really that important. But maybe you have a reason i didn't think of.
As long as we can still right click on a users name in the connections list, put /msg before it, and an amusing message after it to make it look like they've said something silly:

/msg ^1Scawen: ^8I like little ponies

then I'll remain happy, but if not, I'll just have to do it manually...
It is important to copy/paste Server Names --- if we still can or cannot do that, I don't know, but that is one part of its importance (Even if the server name has crazy colors, it beats just typing in the normal name if it is complex)

And well some people like to Copy/Paste server messages when they are admin or something.
I thought it was a bug, so i posted it. I personally dont care about copy and pasting colors.
now you can copy text from LFS into other programs and actually read it!

not just some random color codes
Quote from inCogNito :now you can copy text from LFS into other programs and actually read it!

not just some random color codes

Cool... pleased you like that - which was the main good point about the new copying.

Over the weekend i got an idea to allow that to work perfectly just as it does now but also allow colour preservation when copying between different parts of LFS... if it works ok, that will be in P12.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
It's really from the BBC Micro. It might be the same as the ZX Spectrum but i don't know.

If you write the numbers 0 to 7 in binary then the 1 bit is red, the 2 bit is green and the 4 bit is blue, and that's where those 8 colours come from.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#9 - avih
I was wondering myself too if the color coding were the same as for the spectrum , but i just saw an image (and another) and it seems the speccy was 1=blue, 2=red, 4=green
Quote from Scawen :It's really from the BBC Micro. It might be the same as the ZX Spectrum but i don't know.

<nerd> I always knew you were a beeb man! Death to all spectrums! </nerd>

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG