The online racing simulator
Need help setting up Virtual shifter
hey everybody

i need help trying to get my Logitech Attack 3 to work with lfs with the virtual shifter...

ive got evertthing u nee i just dont knw how to set the gears in the right places

thanx
Hey Rota8u, yuo batter liarn to wrait, and than ask aboot virtualle sifterss.
somebody plz help i really want it to get working
Quote from Rota8u :somebody plz help i really want it to get working

lol I have the exactly the same Joystick. Basicly, you just start the program, in my case, gears are already assigned to the right places (didn't change anything myself, just installed and played) for H-shifter, but as the joystick doesn't have FFB you either have to hold it in the right position manually all the time (which is both stupid and uncomfortable) or use it as sequental shifter (which is easily doable).
Just start up the program then start LFS, go to options -> controllers -> and change gear up and gear down buttons with the move of joystick you want to use. Note that Virtual shifter converts Joystick position into button of keabord so you won't be able to use buttons on the joystick. You also will have to start the program before starting LFS or it wont work.

TBH I played with it a bit and vent back to use paddles
Quote from [RF]-art555 :lol I have the exactly the same Joystick. Basicly, you just start the program, in my case, gears are already assigned to the right places (didn't change anything myself, just installed and played) for H-shifter, but as the joystick doesn't have FFB you either have to hold it in the right position manually all the time (which is both stupid and uncomfortable) or use it as sequental shifter (which is easily doable).
Just start up the program then start LFS, go to options -> controllers -> and change gear up and gear down buttons with the move of joystick you want to use. Note that Virtual shifter converts Joystick position into button of keabord so you won't be able to use buttons on the joystick. You also will have to start the program before starting LFS or it wont work.

TBH I played with it a bit and vent back to use paddles

thanx alot ... ive taken the centering spring out so it does not centre..ill try wat u said now
Quote from Rota8u :thanx alot ... ive taken the centering spring out so it does not centre..ill try wat u said now

I've tried that but it just lost calibration and feels reeeeealy dull. Use it as a sequental shifter, thats the only thing its good for
thanx for ur help buddy
plz somebody help i have no clue
There's a couple of programs that do this, one for a force feedback joystick and one without FFB. Both files are in the forum somewhere, i think i posted them. Give me a few mins and i'll have a look..........

........Well, that took a bit longer than expected. Look for my post #26

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=28741

[edit2] Sheesh, one of these days i'm actually gonna take the time to read the full thread........it'll cut down on the "answering a question that was never asked" thing. Mazz you're a pillock, go find yourself a real hobby........
thanks for ur help but i just dont knw how to configure it all
i have a ffb joystick, but my ffb is broken i think so im using virtual shifter instead of ffshifter :P

but is there a way to stop the annoying clicking sound or whatever LFS does when its in gear?

also, does anyone have any good tips on how to not miss shift as much? i usually hit 1st gear instead of 3rd when im trying to shift up from 2nd

i thought of making an hshifter outta it, but since i have a joystick, i might as well use all the buttons on it...is there something i can mod at the base of the joystick to help miss shifts?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG