The online racing simulator
#1 - Joris
Is the Thrustmaster RGT really that bad?
I'm currently driving with a g25 wich I have been borrowing for a year from my dad since he was up for some hip replacements. But his new hips seem to work fine so I guess he wants it back soon.

I really like the g25 but I can't be bothered with toy H-shifter. As I race single seaters most of the time 270 degrees would be enough.

I am considering a Thrustmaster RGT but haven't read many good reviews about it.

Is it that bad or just less popular?
stick to logitech. have driven a thrustmaster (not this one) and after 2 months flippers did not make contact inside so gears stopped.
Go for the Momo, it has 240 degree of rotation and is cheaper than a DFP
#4 - Jakg
Over here it's more expensive while being worse (imo)
#6 - Joris
Dfp's are hard to get in the netherlands. They are only available online and I don't trust every webshop.

I've read that the ffb from the dfp is by far not as smooth as the g25's. And I wouldn't call the g25 very smooth.
well when u drive the G25 and u let the wheel come back u'll notice its almoust like a real wheel, the DFP on the other side comes back veeryyy slowllly so not as fast as the G25. My suggestion: get the G25 cause:
- more pleasure
- costs more but u get some decent stuff for it
- and it feels like a real car with LFS
RGT pro works fine here. After 1 1/2 years of hard usage the shifter paddle almost broke, but that Problem is easy and fast to fix. Apart from that it's a good wheel. I've got it for more than 2 1/2 years now.

No ball bearings getting loose
No Pedal spiking
No problems with setting the thing up (no profiler or other sh**needed)
enough buttons on the wheel
much heavier that dfp
good grip
3 pedals in the new version (I've got the old one still)

So if you don't behave like a blacksmith behind the wheel it should be great. At least for me it is :-)

greetz

der almost logitech-free butz
Quote from Joris :I'm currently driving with a g25 wich I have been borrowing for a year from my dad since he was up for some hip replacements. But his new hips seem to work fine so I guess he wants it back soon.

I really like the g25 but I can't be bothered with toy H-shifter. As I race single seaters most of the time 270 degrees would be enough.

I am considering a Thrustmaster RGT but haven't read many good reviews about it.

Is it that bad or just less popular?

The Thrustmaster wheels are a little less popular than Logitech, not entirely sure why ?

The flappy paddle gear changers have had problems in the past, but as Der Butz says, if you're not heavy handed then they'll last for years. But even if they do break, you'll find Thrustmaster/Guillemot customer support very helpful and friendly. (same can't be said for Logitech 'ime')

I've had three Thrustmaster wheels over the years and never had a problem with any of them, although i did manage to blow one up !

I only use a DFP at the moment cause i got it stupidly cheap from eBay, but when/if it eventually dies i will happily change it for the RGT

Here's a thought..... The RGT and many other Thrustmasters have a second pair of flappy paddles for the throttle and brake......i.e perfect for those who for whatever reason can't use the pedals. So, you could get the RGT for your Dad and tell him it's ideal for him with his dodgy hip, and you can keep the G25 !
Quote from Mazz4200 :
Here's a thought..... The RGT and many other Thrustmasters have a second pair of flappy paddles for the throttle and brake......i.e perfect for those who for whatever reason can't use the pedals. So, you could get the RGT for your Dad and tell him it's ideal for him with his dodgy hip, and you can keep the G25 !

Great sugestion!

The second pair of paddles are a feature that I like. I fancy an F1-style hand-clutch!
i recently bought a RGT with 3 pedals and its fine really,i cnat comment on how good it is compared ot the DFP or G25 coz the last thing i had was a non-FFB sidewinder but that died so i got the RGT, sure enuff the paddles died quickly,the upshift one first ,then the down shift one a few weeks later(did i do more up gearing than down shifting =/) but the sequential stick shift is very sturdy,as well as the rest of bit(Xcept the paddles.

its worth a think about and its not too expensive,i got mine for £60-70
By the way...

I can give detailed information on how to repair broken paddles, but if you've still got warranty then the support is very friendly and helpful! Even when your wheel is older than 2 years the people there send you a new set of replacement paddles including material and a plan on how to open the wheel etc.

greetz

der butz
if you could PM me that information that would be great

thanks

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG