The online racing simulator
[solved] IRT Needs a Server
(17 posts, closed, started )
#1 - sam93
Hi there,

Could someone host a server for my team(International Racing Team) because I don't currently have the money to rent one from 500servers, so i was just wondering if anyone here could host a S2 server for me?

Sam.

Edit: Soon i will be able to pay for one from 500servers but I am not 15 until february, So can't get a decent job until then, I know I can do a paper round but I have done one before and i can't stand them.
Make me a compelling argument. Why do you feel you need one for so few team members.
#3 - sam93
Well you can still have a server with not many members, not every team has loads of members do they, plus it is somewhere to meet and race instead of using others servers for team meets.

I will only need one for a couple of months till i get a saturday job, to get some money together to rent my own server.

Sam.
I didn't say that you can't have a server with a small team. I said justify it.

There are currently in the region of 388 licenced servers, and as of 17:35:24, only 76 of those were populated. That means that potentially you have 312 servers with no one on, that you can play upon in relative safety and peace.

So, justify why you think you need a server. I'm not looking for an argument. I'm looking for a good reason from you, to give you one for a few months.

Entertain me.
#5 - sam93
Ok I was arguing lol, sorry if it came across this way.

Well why would I like a server:
I would like a team server for my team to practice at, A server what would have a good atmosphere, although you get the odd person on who likes to argue, People to come on and join us race/practice, For giving people team trials to see if they are what the team is looking for. Obviously the server wont have somebody on all the time, But it will have people on proberly about 4-6 days a week. Also with having a server people would join the server who is looking to join a team, so the server can be for recruiting purposes also.

Is this enough or do you need more?

Sam.
Quote from sam93 :Is this enough or do you need more?

Even if it is enough for the_angry_angel it just don't cut it with me, buddy. *shakes head in disappointment*

Thank you for your time, you will have to wait 6 months until you can apply again with the Arbitrary Server Approval Committee.
#7 - sam93
Quote from xaotik :Even if it is enough for the_angry_angel it just don't cut it with me, buddy. *shakes head in disappointment*

Thank you for your time, you will have to wait 6 months until you can apply again with the Arbitrary Server Approval Committee.

What lol if no one hosts a server I'll have to wait wont I, And if I don't get one i'm all right with that.

Sam.

Edit: I now have a server, I am not allowed to tell you the name he has been asked to be kept anonymous
ill host you a 47 slot one...my friend hosts it for me, but you can feel free to use it....i can change name for you if you want...or put a password on it to access it for you...depends what you want
he already got a server, harjun
Quote from harjun :ill host you a 47 slot one...my friend hosts it for me, but you can feel free to use it....i can change name for you if you want...or put a password on it to access it for you...depends what you want

Yup i already have a server harjun, look at the post above the one you posted lol.

Sam.
oh sorry guys, was too excited to help you out i didn't realise the post before
Quote from harjun :oh sorry guys, was too excited to help you out i didn't realise the post before

No offfence, but your help with computers isn't very good now is it lol, poor laptop
Quote from sam93 :No offfence, but your help with computers isn't very good now is it lol, poor laptop

whats computers got to do with hosting a server exactly...apart form it runs on the computer...duh.
Quote from harjun :whats computers got to do with hosting a server exactly...apart form it runs on the computer...duh.

I was using it as an example lol, and before you call other people dum, think about how dum you are on a pc, I actually know alot about pc's.

Sam.
Quote from sam93 :I was using it as an example lol, and before you call other people dum, think about how dum you are on a pc, I actually know alot about pc's.

Sam.

wdf? when did i call anyone DUM???are you on drugs? i was just tryna help....and then you attacked me saying something about computers...and now your saying i called you dum?
Quote from harjun :wdf? when did i call anyone DUM???are you on drugs? i was just tryna help....and then you attacked me saying something about computers...and now your saying i called you dum?

LOL you didn't call me dum as suck but you did say duh, I don't need your help i got a server before you even posted on this thread if you had of read it properly, you would of known I had one.

Sam.
So now you have a server this post has reached the end of the cul de sac.
This thread is closed

(17 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG