The online racing simulator
Some Stock looking skins...
(62 posts, started )
XR GT stock looking skins 2.0
In around September I was about to release the skins...but I've said myself, wait, why posting it now when I make it better? The "redesigning" the XR's and discovering a bunch of new stuff in photoshop and LFS made me postpone the release...and a mental slump too lol. So there it is! The new XRG and XRT skins

Reworked for 2009:

The sidelights and taillights have been redesigned+I've done different front end for each XR as u can see in pic (1). I've put the antenna on the roof now and the XRG S has vents on the hood....pointless details I know ^_^ (2). There's a little picture so u guys can see the difference between the XRG Base model and XRG sport model (3). I've reworked the LED mirrors for the XRG s and XRT (4).

(1)

(2) (3) (4)

The XRT has been massively changed. There's a new front end like u saw before with new lights. U can see the new badges and rear diffuser in pic (5). I've added a new plate holder on the XR's....it's quite funny ^^ (6). If we continue with the modification of the XRT, I've added a carbon rooftop like the BMW M3 (7).

(5) (6) (7)

The LightTune or LimitedTune is gone for now...but am interested in making a window roof edition of the XRT with only 3 colors available to make it a bit special ^^

For the dirt, ageing, rust effect...it's on hold. I really dont know how am gonna pull it off...I've seen some examples in here through, I'll ask the creators lol. If I do it how ever, it will be on the XRG base model...except for the dirt lol.

There are the colors available...they aren't the same for each models as u can see. I've fought that the XRG base model was boring...so I've put boring colors. The sport and XRT were more...sport lol. So I've made it more colorful. I've eased some colors too since 2007. Putting colors that u actually see on the road makes this skin more stock looking.

XRG base XRG Sport XRT

There's the download links

For the full XRG-XRT package
76 mb

For thoses who are demo users or that just want to download specific models...

go there for the XRG Base model 28 mb

go there for the XRG Sport Model 22 mb

go there for the XRT 24 mb

The XFG will take some time now...but it will be released! Don't lose fate on me lol. Don't forget to comment on what to improve on this skin especially the colors...I think I've put too much noise in it, the forest green might be too dark and Tan doesn't look like Tan o_O. Neways...ENJOY!
-
The download links (Kawakita) DELETED by Kawakita : Useless
i liek them, may i eddit them?

by that i mean, add decals and style?
No problem
#4 - herki
Try using a higher resolution next time, makes the skins look sharper.
Quote from herki :Try using a higher resolution next time, makes the skins look sharper.

Exactly what i though. But the idea is nice and well done!
Hi res versions in two week?
I'll try do them in hi res just give me 2 weeks...thanks 4 the comments so far. Wish me luck
can u put the xrg 1s in a zip file too please
The new Hi res skins are now available...check on the top
can u post the jpg files my internet is too slow
can someone please post jpegs on the fourms? i can't download them from the links for some odd reason.
-
(Kawakita) DELETED by Kawakita : useless
2048x2073?
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :2048x2073?

I know it's big. I could resize it but I would lose all the details i've done...unless u got an idea on how I can counter it..
Imagebucket has capped your bandwidth and your links are hence broken. imageshack.us is far superior as no bandwidth limit is present.
Pic links updated...
Man i think that was the worst released ever in this forum...with all the changing i had to do and stuff...tell me I wasnt the worst.

P.S. if someone want the jpegs files non zipped send me a private message with the model(s), the color(s) u want and your email. I'll send it by email beacause it would be toooooo long to release it there...105 jpegs man what was I thinkin!?
That is exactly the type of skins that I was wanting! Thank you for your job!

I need to DL them and see if I have any improvement suggestions .

But you would help me very much by uploading on RS just a pack of all your skins! That would be great, because I would like to have them all

Thank you in advance!

Edit: Do you plan to do the XFG as well?
Quote from hinirags :That is exactly the type of skins that I was wanting! Thank you for your job!

I need to DL them and see if I have any improvement suggestions .

But you would help me very much by uploading on RS just a pack of all your skins! That would be great, because I would like to have them all

Thank you in advance!

Edit: Do you plan to do the XFG as well?

I am doing an XFG version right now...with school and everything I should finish it by monday. Kept up with the comments on how I can improve this project

P.S: What did u mean by uploading on RS? Race Sim central?
Hi!

Good idea that you had here! I am waiting for it

Sorry: RS>>>Rapid Share
Oh yes I had a question/suggestion for you: here the cars are out of the dealer. Did you plan to make the skins with some dirt, insects maybe scratches (normal traffic scratches i mean, like a 10 yr old car). And maybe a dirty version for rallycross?

In my opinion your skins are great and the first step towards reality that you did by adding these details could deserve the next step which would be the "environemental" effect on the car as i said above.

EDIT:
Oh yes actually I have seen some beautiful skins with fake air grills, but they were quite well integrated and seemed true.
Quote from hinirags :Oh yes I had a question/suggestion for you: here the cars are out of the dealer. Did you plan to make the skins with some dirt, insects maybe scratches (normal traffic scratches i mean, like a 10 yr old car). And maybe a dirty version for rallycross?

In my opinion your skins are great and the first step towards reality that you did by adding these details could deserve the next step which would be the "environemental" effect on the car as i said above.

EDIT:
Oh yes actually I have seen some beautiful skins with fake air grills, but they were quite well integrated and seemed true.

I am looking forward to it...am still learning how photoshop works at school so it's gonna be long until I released a bucket or dirt version of my cars...or maybe not.

As for the grill, I gotta say I dint worked enough on it. Am gonna check on the net some pictures I could use as reference. So I might re-released the whole pack again with a reworked front grill and new versions of the cars in a new thread...

And about this thread, am gonna turn it into a project thread since I got lots of upgrade to do...I just hope no one's gonna be mad at me for doing another thread after this one lol.

By the way am gonna do an Heavy tuned version of my cars...it adds carbon trunk and side mirrors with some "LFS reality" stickers (maybe with bit reworked Ectype skin for the XR GT TURBO if I can contact the one who did it...). Do u think it's a good idea?
To be honest the skins that caught my attention here were the stock and light tune skins (mainly the stocks, though).

I don't like tuning so I am not personally interested in a heavy tuned version but I am pretty sure other persons will.

What I was thinking about your project was not to try to change the original car "spirit" but just to reinforce it by sticking more to what a real car looks like, with all the details.
anything other than rapidshare? i have to wait 10 mins in between dowloads
Hi man,

So how is it going?

No XF yet?

I have seen this skin on the forum

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l1..._Nissan_DK. jpg

I think it can give you some good ideas to add even more details to your great skins
(riveted wings, front grill, vents etc...)

Can't wait to see the new skins
Lottttttt Of Work To Do!!!
it's gonna be long until I release the XF version this time since I've got lots of work from school and now I have a job.

but like I said before i'll release the XF version along with a new redone (again) version of the XRT and XRG in a new thread

This pack will include all the versions i'ved released since last time with a dirty version, a rust version and a rustbucket(worst than rust) version.

Until then be patient and if u got any suggestions write it down here

By the way hinirags I can't see the skin in the link looks like it had been deleted and I dint found anything that could replace rapidshare Zachary Zoomy...got any suggestions?
OK don't worry, take your time

Job and school are way more important...
Attached images
XRT_Nissan_DK.jpg
you could get a freewebs account and upload it there.

Some Stock looking skins...
(62 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG