The online racing simulator
Michael Schumacher Driving Style
(121 posts, started )
I watched this a few months ago, It's really interesting, Thanks for remind It to me, Now It goes to favourites!
Didn't take the time to watch it but does he explain how to ram people or stop in the middle of the track to keep your pole position?
Quote from Elderado :Didn't take the time to watch it but does he explain how to ram people or stop in the middle of the track to keep your pole position?

Don't throw out the baby with the bathwater! The man was fast, and they show why with some telemetry. Good stuff...
#5 - aoun
Quote from Elderado :Didn't take the time to watch it but does he explain how to ram people or stop in the middle of the track to keep your pole position?

Thats what im wondering
Just jealous that Canada or Australia hasn't produced a decent driver for a few decades
Quote from tristancliffe :Just jealous that Canada or Australia hasn't produced a decent driver for a few decades

Ohhh dirty

Anyway, maybe off topic but anyway - I don`t see why people see on Schumacher as one of the best drivers of all times. Sure, he drives fast, but hes also the most unfair person I have ever seen in any kind of motorsport. :/
Maybe thats just me...but neverming.
His fairness has nothing to do with how fast he could be. When he wasn't fast, he couldn't handle it. When he was fast, he won. When others are fast, they aren't fast enough. And when they aren't... well they are at the back of the 22 car grid.. well,the grid was in the 30's back in Schumachers early days..
In 1991, Michael's first year, the grid was 26 cars, with a prequalifying session to determine who got to qualify.

The grid only decreased in size when the number of entrants decreased. Now the maximum is 22 cars iirc.
Quote from tristancliffe :In 1991, Michael's first year, the grid was 26 cars, with a prequalifying session to determine who got to qualify.

The grid only decreased in size when the number of entrants decreased. Now the maximum is 22 cars iirc.

I seem to remember the 'FORMULA 1' game (1994 or 1995 season i don't remember that) but i seem to remember seeing a 30 car grid? DEFINATELY more than 24
Quote from tristancliffe :Just jealous that Canada or Australia hasn't produced a decent driver for a few decades

i would prefer to have 21 slow brits who dont cheat than one fast but flawed "champion".
That may be so, but there weren't even 30 F1 cars in 1994 or 5.

In 1994, for example, at the Brazilian GP, there was 26 cars on the grid, and 2 non-qualifiers Roland Ratzenberger and Paul Belmondo.

In 1995, at the first race (also Interlagos) there were 26 cars, all of which qualified. Pierluigi Martini didn't make the start though (not sure why).

I don't think you'll find there was a 30 car grid since at least the mid 80's, possibly earlier.
Totally not sure now. I just seem to remember the old skool Graphics with teh Yellow boxes for positions, and seeing 30 etc, guess not
Quote from mr grady :i would prefer to have 21 slow brits who dont cheat

That would make a hell of a Scrabble tournament.
#15 - FL!P
Quote from The Very End :I don`t see why people see on Schumacher as one of the best drivers of all times. Sure, he drives fast, but hes also the most unfair person I have ever seen in any kind of motorsport. :/

How about Senna? Remember how he took out Prost at Suzuka in 89 and 90?

Everything is fair in love and war, they say!
Quote from FL!P :How about Senna? Remember how he took out Prost at Suzuka in 89 and 90?

Everything is fair in love and war, they say!

Senna was just as bad, if not worse than Schumacher.
I didn't like him one bit
Awww, Senna was and is way better than mr S. ever are and going to be, on any levels.
#18 - DeKo
Quote from The Very End :Awww, Senna was and is way better than mr S. ever are and going to be, on any levels.

he is quite possibly one of the best drivers f1, even the world has ever seen, but he was a cheat when it wasnt all going his way.
#19 - aoun

Wouldnt say jealous, maybe proud that we havent produced any racers like schumy =P =P...

and this whole schumy senna deal, half say 1 is better, half say the other, 1 half say other is dirty, half say the other is dirty...

its something that will never be solved and agreed on.......

....why? cause shumy fans dont get it =P =P =P =P
Early 1994 says Shumi is better.

Shumi made a team senna didn't.

Shumi was never beeten by a team mate(except in 1999 for obvious reasons)

Shumi does hold the most titles BTW..
Quote from Mustafur :Shumi made a team senna didn't.

Senna was not in the situation to have to make a team - he didn't have to put up with tyre-losing mechanics and a circus of gaffes.

Quote from Mustafur :Shumi was never beeten by a team mate(except in 1999 for obvious reasons)

Because team-mates never were allowed to beat him. Also he was never paired with a top driver.

Quote from Mustafur : Shumi does hold the most titles BTW..

And the longest lifespan of the two...
#22 - aoun
Quote from xaotik :Senna was not in the situation to have to make a team - he didn't have to put up with tyre-losing mechanics and a circus of gaffes.

Because team-mates never were allowed to beat him. Also he was never paired with a top driver.

And the longest lifespan of the two...

agreed 100%%
#23 - Jakg
Quote from Mustafur :Shumi does hold the most titles BTW..

In itself that stat says more about the competition than the driver - but who knows what Senna would have got if he wasn't tragically killed?
You can't say that he was the best. BUT he died whilst racing.
Schumacher was racing at the same time as Senna, did HE crash and die? No. Senna had his days, but they weren't going to go past 1994 and onwards, thats was Schumacher territory, sure enough , he WAS annoying in his 7 titles of HELL but whether we like it or not, Statistically hes the best, and you can't argue with that. No 'could of been' 'should of been' Thats why Senna can't match Schumacher you can't say he is only statistically better because Senna died They were racing at the same time, and its not like Senna died in a Scuba diving accident, he actually made a mistake, and paid.. well. We all know what it cost him.
Quote from BlueFlame :he actually made a mistake, and paid..

Actually, it was a steering column failure - not a driver error.

(121 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG