The online racing simulator
g25 logitech settings on LFS
(17 posts, started )
#1 - rayrz
Dear members,

Maybe for some of us who use the logitech g25, can you guys make an artikel for the good settings on lfs. My settings where Wrong. Cause i don't drive still on the oval.
I have a g25 and i have yesterday set my wheel settings good for driving with plaztikman.
Maybe it can be handy for more drivers you know for g25 who use 900 degrees , set to 400 degrees in the game and so futher....
Can you guys help us??

greeting Matrixx (rayrz)
I hear of you....
#2 - Jakg
Personally i like 540°, the "recommended" settings for a G25 are at the bottom of my wheel guide (link in my signature)
I always set mine to what the car setting in-game is. I.e. 720 for STD/TBO, 540 for GTRs and so on. Obviously I set all steering settings to linear with no speed compensation etc (can't remember exactly what the settings are called) but the steering in the game seems to do exactly what I do on the steering wheel which is all I can ask for
Hi Racers!
I have a problem with my g25 when i set the turning degrees in the game for example to 450° it still turns 900. the only way to set it to lower degrees in the profiler, but it isn't fun setting it at all car changes. please help me maybe i've overseen some setup option in the game. My profiler is set up correctli, according the setups on wikipedia.

P.S. sorry for my bad english

Robiik
you need to change it in the control panel, game controler, you click on the device (G25) and click properties. after that click on advanced and i don't know how its write but the first scroll bar control your rotation degree !!!

maybe with logitech profiler you can do it faster !!
Quote from Robiik :Hi Racers!
I have a problem with my g25 when i set the turning degrees in the game for example to 450° it still turns 900. the only way to set it to lower degrees in the profiler, but it isn't fun setting it at all car changes. please help me maybe i've overseen some setup option in the game. My profiler is set up correctli, according the setups on wikipedia.

P.S. sorry for my bad english

Robiik

In LFS, set "Wheel Turn Compensation" bar to far right (should read 1.00)
Set profiler to 720 and LFS to 720.
All cars steering wheels should correspond 100% to the wheel in your hands.

All this works just dandy for my DFP so G25 should work fine this way.
i agree !!!!!
So if I understand it right, if I set the rotation to 900 degrees in profiler, the wheel will turn 900 no matter how I setup the game.
yes physicaly the wheel will turn 900 but the game will stop turning at I.e 720 degree, and they will probably not synchronized, if you watch the screen the Virtual steering must turn at the same time than the physical steering.

best setting is your profiler to 720 and LFS to 720 !!!

excuse me but i'm a french canadian and i try to write in english :-)
when i'll be at home i'll send screenshots from my complete settings !! LFS + Windows !!
As far as i understand it, when you set 900 turn degrees in the profiler and in game and then use steering wheel compensation with anything above 0 then you dont have to change your turn degrees anymore, in game or profiler. Problem is that you do not get the "barrier" created by Force Feedback which usually tells you when the range of the turn is reached (for example: 540° set in profiler and game). Now i dont like this solution and this might also work with the DFP (FF barrier) but not with the G25, at least i wasn't able to do so.

Now i always know which cars im about to drive before i fire up LFS so i simple change the turn degrees accordingly (Profiler & Game, Wheel Turn Compensation: 0):

Roadcars: 720° included UFR and XFR
MRT: 270°
FOX & FO8: 450°
BF1: 400°
GTR: 540°

Or just look into each setup at the steering page where it tells you which maximum turn degrees is available for each car, just in case you forget it. I also unplug & plug the wheel in again just to make sure its completely calibrated. When you do so, make sure youre on the desktop and not in the game itself.

Regarding the rest of the settings, in Profiler i use:

105% FF
0% Spring-
0% Dumper Effects

and 0% Center Spring but leave it enabled.

In game i use 35% for almost every car expect for the BF1 where i use just 30% and slightly more for FWD cars, like 40% +/-.

Everyone is doing that different, has different affectations and this is how it should be i think. I know some guys using also 540° for road cars but personally i dont like the idea of reducing the range to act inbetween just to gain slightly more control for certain situations such as catching drifts.
Thank you very much! Lfs connects the world, I write from Hungary, Europe it's not necessery to send pictures I understand everything. I tought the game in itself can manage this but I see now that I have to adjust it in profiler to every car.
Greater thanks for everyone

Robiik
As I said, I have my DFP set to 720 in profiler and 720 in LFS, have wheel turn comp. at 1.00 and my wheel will FF stop at the cars max rotation so I assumed this would have been the case for the G25 as well.

Also, while the 105% in profiler works for G25, for my DFP it's just too twitchy with a huge non FF hole in the center.
What I'm running is 50% in profiler and 100% ingame as this allows LFS to feed me 100% or track info without me having to fight the wheel. I do have to lower the 50% in profiler to about 47% for GTR's, but since I've been long tired of that class it's currently a non-issue.
Quote from gohfeld23 :As I said, I have my DFP set to 720 in profiler and 720 in LFS, have wheel turn comp. at 1.00 and my wheel will FF stop at the cars max rotation so I assumed this would have been the case for the G25 as well.

nope, as i said, it doesn't work, at least not according to my settings. No matter if WTC is set to 0, 1 or anything inbetween.
Quote from Robiik :So if I understand it right, if I set the rotation to 900 degrees in profiler, the wheel will turn 900 no matter how I setup the game.

The in-game wheel rotation setting is not a setting at all. It's simply where you "tell" LFS how much rotation your real wheel has, or how much rotation you have set in the control panel. Suppose you had a MOMO you'd have to "tell" LFS you had only 240 degrees here.
Quote from yoyoML :The in-game wheel rotation setting is not a setting at all. It's simply where you "tell" LFS how much rotation your real wheel has, or how much rotation you have set in the control panel. Suppose you had a MOMO you'd have to "tell" LFS you had only 240 degrees here.

I've found that if I'm not running turn compensation and mismatch the LFS rotation, I get steering lag on some cars.
Maybe that only happens with the DFP but I have noticed it.
Maybe someone can report as to why this might be.
Just wanted to comment that a lot of the english posted here from non-native speakers is quite impressive. Kudos to all who are posting as such.

(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG