The online racing simulator
corrected FOV for dualscreen
(77 posts, started )
#51 - Juls
You can try the stupid simple version in my previous post. It should work with any resolution.
Quote from Juls :You can try the stupid simple version in my previous post. It should work with any resolution.

Sorry, already tried that. Unfortunately I have exactly the same problem with it.

This is starting to sound mysterious...
-
(Juls) DELETED by Juls : dp
#53 - Juls
You have a black screen with it too? When? When you start the game? There is no resolution to change with this version, and no new resolution appears in the screen menu.
If LFS is able to start, then it is activated.
Quote from Juls :You have a black screen with it too? When? When you start the game? There is no resolution to change with this version, and no new resolution appears in the screen menu.
If LFS is able to start, then it is activated.

No, but still have problems with it. I made a screenshot. The view isn't centered, but as you can see, nothing happens in 2nd monitor.
Attached images
dualscreen_problem.jpg
#55 - Juls
So I suppose this does not come from the mod, but from windows and/or LFS setup.

Did you chose horizontal span in windows (not dual screen)? From your screenshot I would say no, because windows task bar stretches on both screens in horizontal span (unless you use a tool to force task bar on one screen only).

Do you have Vista or XP? With Vista you can NOT extend display on two screens.

Did you chose a large resolution in LFS screen menu?

Is LFS running on two screens without the mod? It should,this mod is only for view de-centering. LFS works on two monitors if horizontal span (not dual view) is enabled in windows and you chose a correct resolution in LFS screen menu.

Hope it helps
Quote from Juls :So I suppose this does not come from the mod, but from windows and/or LFS setup.

Did you chose horizontal span in windows (not dual screen)? From your screenshot I would say no, because windows task bar stretches on both screens in horizontal span (unless you use a tool to force task bar on one screen only).

Do you have Vista or XP? With Vista you can NOT extend display on two screens.

Did you chose a large resolution in LFS screen menu?

Is LFS running on two screens without the mod? It should,this mod is only for view de-centering. LFS works on two monitors if horizontal span (not dual view) is enabled in windows and you chose a correct resolution in LFS screen menu.

Hope it helps

Here is the pic of my settings:

OS is vista32bit.
What do you mean by "large resolution"? Normally I use same resolution I use in windows.
No, it is not working on two screen without the mod (Or with mod ). I guess we found the problem. So, what should I do now?
Attached images
screen_settings.jpg
I'm not sure, but I recall you had to use same resolution on all displays.

Why, oh why did I get rid of that second display... :/
#58 - Juls
Quote from Gekkibi :Here is the pic of my settings:
No, it is not working on two screen without the mod (Or with mod ). I guess we found the problem. So, what should I do now?

I do not have vista but I read somewhere horizontal span mode is no more supported-> impossible to make games believe you have one large display when in fact you have two.

Two screens gaming is no more possible with Vista unless you get a matrox DualHead2Go....for me this is a MAJOR regression. No idea why they did that...this is stupid.
Quote from Juls :I do not have vista but I read somewhere horizontal span mode is no more supported-> impossible to make games believe you have one large display when in fact you have two.

Two screens gaming is no more possible with Vista unless you get a matrox DualHead2Go....for me this is a MAJOR regression. No idea why they did that...this is stupid.

&#%&#¤%"¤
Translation: I bought totally useless additional pci-e gfx-card, then...
%&#&#%#%#¤%#¤
Translation: Error #Too rude to translate that line#
#60 - Juls
Quote from Gekkibi :&#%&#¤%"¤
Translation: I bought totally useless additional pci-e gfx-card, then...
%&#&#%#%#¤%#¤
Translation: Error #Too rude to translate that line#

With just one graphic adapter with two outputs, and XP it works really nice with two monitors. Many users decided to uninstall vista and come back to XP.

It seems the problem is caused by the DRM inside Vista. This stupid digital rights management, obsolete thing caused such a deep change in architecture that several important features were removed and overall gaming performance is reduced. (Vista DRM layer checks many things 30 times per second).
Quote from Juls :With just one graphic adapter with two outputs, and XP it works really nice with two monitors. Many users decided to uninstall vista and come back to XP.

It seems the problem is caused by the DRM inside Vista. This stupid digital rights management, obsolete thing caused such a deep change in architecture that several important features were removed and overall gaming performance is reduced. (Vista DRM layer checks many things 30 times per second).

Aww crap. This was first windows since 3.1 I bought legally!
If you want something done right, D/L warez!!
i am trying to set this up on two monitors that are different shapes
i.e. a 1680x1050 20"
& a 1280x1024 17"

I have tried both versions but when it stretches it across. The ws monitor is not running native & the image is stretched

Any ideas? can we have a config file for each monitor?

There must be a way??
After Testing this mod since first day i must say this is really a must have!

This must be integrated
I have much more Overview to the front. Much more clean Races since i used it.

Scawen if you read this Thread check this mod plz.

Juls version runs allot smother here but there are some LOD bugs on the right Monitor. I use Juls because my Pc is not so fast.

Thx again Soulhunta & Juls

edit: My 4 Monitor setup looks like
Attached images
view.jpg
This does not work for me, I tried the above advice, and no change.
ok no chance to run it on vista?? horizontal span isn't supported anymore by nvidia. dunno the real reason, but there are problems implementing it to the drivers?! anyway, what about windowed mode? i can span the window by manually drag it over 2 monitors...
Quote from Xenix74 :My 4 Monitor setup looks like

Hmmm... nice view but looks like a 5 monitor setup would be perfect goes to buy lotto ticket :Kick_Can_
great mod!!! thx soulhunta and juls!
i'm using juls mod with -0.35 and set my left monitor a bit left out of center, so my wheel and the wheel in game are one alignment.
best FOV i think is 110° for touring cars and 120°-130° for open wheelers, they get more immersive.

ps: i installed win xp on purpose, now triple-booting vista, linux, xp...
xp is such a lot faster with lfs (ok 10%, but it's worth it...)
I can't get this to work nicely on my system :thumbsdow
why not? was easy to set up! from scratch beneath...
Would nice if any contakt to Scawen to look at this addon.
Every old and new Single Grafikcard has 2 DVI or VGA outputs.

The winning overview is Unbelieble good. I try it before to say it in my Opinion this mod is one of the -must integrated- option.

But i dont want disnerved Scawen he had a lot off to do.
ATI catlyst has removed the extend function from the default CCC, you need to download and install Hydravision from Ati driver site.
Is it possible that it wont work with Patch Z? Ive added the two files to the LFS Folder, startet LFS, but it will close after 2 or 3 seconds. If i restart the Game, it will only come a black screen for about 1 second and than back to windows.

Here's my Rig

Intel Core 2 Duo E6850
GeForce 8800GTS OC2 640MB
DFI Lanparty UT NF680i LT SLI-T2R
Windows XP Professionel SP3
It works with Z Patch here. You must config the cfg. Otherwise take the dll + cfg from Jules .
I've allready configured everything in the cfg , but it won't work.
Could send me the dll and so on from Jules or send me the link?

Thanks
Look at the secound site of this threat, in the middle.
There is Jules Simple Dualscreen.zip

corrected FOV for dualscreen
(77 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG