The online racing simulator
Driver view movement
(45 posts, started )
Quote from Forbin :
Who's going to have their head tilted at 45 degrees (relative to the car) when the car's up on 2 wheels? Likewise, when I'm going down a hill, I'm probably going to continue looking straight ahead (i.e. at the bottom of a hill), not at whatever is above the hill.

Actually, youre eyes are almost never exactly level, it's your brain that creates, in conjunction with the equilibrium organ, a level picture in your head.

Just try it, tilt your head, and you'll see that you still percept your surroundings as level and not as tilted.

so +1 to this idea. There should be head movement too though, as a üerfectly steady view with just the car moving isn't too realistic either.
One of the very few GREAT ones lately.

+1
Having played a little with this I'm in complete agreement with the idea.
#29 - wark
Quote from ColeusRattus :Actually, youre eyes are almost never exactly level, it's your brain that creates, in conjunction with the equilibrium organ, a level picture in your head.

Just try it, tilt your head, and you'll see that you still percept your surroundings as level and not as tilted.

so +1 to this idea. There should be head movement too though, as a üerfectly steady view with just the car moving isn't too realistic either.

Now look in the mirror and watch your eyeballs twist as you do it...

I agree with the other point.
Quote from wark :Now look in the mirror and watch your eyeballs twist as you do it...

I agree with the other point.

But I can't see my eyeballs in the mirro..... oooohhhh! You mean a real mirror, not the ones in the cockpit of LFS......
This looks awesome, and MASSIVELY improves LFS head movement options. Because LFS is so wrong in this area I've spent the last four years will all movement off (on, in any amount, gives me a headache). This could be the reason to start having a moving head again!

I shall try it. Soon. Downloading now

Edit: I hope you can get look left and right to work with it. Hopefully even taking head lean into account a bit Please keep working on it, and adding useful REALISTIC features - don't start adding overlays or anything! Please!
Thx for the prog , gonna used it every time i play LFS
Its a shame that i cant look to the right or left , but i know you will fix that soon
Quote from W1ldPort75 :Thx for the prog , gonna used it every time i play LFS
Its a shame that i cant look to the right or left , but i know you will fix that soon

I rather am sure that the devs will pick up on this idea and code it as an option right into LFS...
Quote from benja-man :I rather am sure that the devs will pick up on this idea and code it as an option right into LFS...

...I sure hope so. Original feature is so confusing that I can't use it.
Is sounds great, but i wont be trying it until look left/right is working as well.
...I wonder if TrackIR would work with this.
Quote from Gekkibi :...I wonder if TrackIR would work with this.

I doubt it, since you can't even assign the mouse to control the in-car camera when it's enabled.
Quote from xaotik :I doubt it, since you can't even assign the mouse to control the in-car camera when it's enabled.

That was the thing I was afraid of... Pity.
Thumbs up for a great sounding idea!

Excitedly waiting for look right/left implementation for further testing.
Found this thread while searching for motion sim ideas

Love the suggestion and downloading and trying the program (proof of concept), definately hope this becomes a native feature of LFS.
#42 - Juls
Very good. It looks so much more like real head movements.

The main problem in LFS is that only head is moving, and torso is supposed to be tightly attached to the seat. Most of time, shoulders are moving too, not only head...and that is why when the car tilts the upper-torso/head line will remain vertical for some time before following the car.

Two things are missing in LFS:
- torso and head can move, not only head.
- we have a natural tendency to keep our eyes horizontal.

Watching the video, it makes it easier to know what the car is doing.
5/6-point harnesses prevent body-movement as much as possible. And usually cup/championship-rules restricts any other seatbelts than 6-point harnesses (Need citation).
Quote from Glenn67 :Love the suggestion and downloading and trying the program (proof of concept), definately hope this becomes a native feature of LFS.

So have you tried the app yet? What do you think about it? Are the look right/left buttons working yet? If so, I might try this myself.
Great idea.. i think the after video is just a touch too extreme, but its good to show what it would be like.

+1 for your great idea..

Good job!

Driver view movement
(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG