The online racing simulator
Quote from Sawyer :Come again? You get points if you are withing 108% of lap record no matter where you finish?

No. You have to finish in the top 7 or 8. You can get some points if you ran a very fast lap but didn't finish in the top 7, yes, but generally you have to finish up front.
Quote from daKasi :I have only scored one point during my huge career in CTRA and yet I have to say it was not the easiest point I have earned in my online gaming career, but atleast I had fun chasing it. I got it from a race at BL by starting from some 13th(?) place and after a few passes and some retirements (if that is the right word ) I finished 6th.

There has been some improvement and now I've got 18 points and one podium finish by finishing 2nd! I would say I'm addicted.
Quote from obsolum :No. You have to finish in the top 7 or 8. You can get some points if you ran a very fast lap but didn't finish in the top 7, yes, but generally you have to finish up front.

I finished already 2nd or 3rd and got no points. First was silver driver and second bronze I think. However my laptimes werent really good.
Quote from Sawyer :I finished already 2nd or 3rd and got no points. First was silver driver and second bronze I think. However my laptimes werent really good.

Well there you go then. Practise on getting faster and you'll start raking in points I understand it's frustrating and that it seems unfair, though. I've been there myself
We need an admin on Race 1 BADLY!

There are 2 of the worst wreckers Ive ever seen.
Surely you or someone else reported them?
There was no report possible, the system was down.
The appearance of wreckers on CTRA race 1 server seems to be more frequent recently for some reason. I reported one myself yesterday and I had only been on the server a short while. What might be a good idea is if the system were equiped with an "emergency PM" type button that would alert an admin's attention immediately. If one is available that is. A bit like the type of system found on a train "to be used only in emergency" button. To deter abusive use of the "emergency button" for anything else than reporting blatant wreckers I propose that some sort of heavy fine is imposed, perhaps a large points reduction or worse.

The reason I feel this is necessary is that although the reporting system works just fine under normal situations, the process is just too slow to deal with wreckers and it can mean that they can potentially wreak havock for days until they are banned. Failing that, the only other way I can see around it is for anyone with a pendiing report to be suspended until the complaint is dealt with, and we wouldn't want that would we
I think $Admin is the command your looking for Tony
This situation started me thinking:

I was in a race a few days ago and for some reason found myself crashed and out, spectating the other racers including the racer who had IMO caused my crash, unable to file a report because of the last race ended way it is atm, then the racer in question disconnected from the server, and I hadn't checked his username , I started to file a $rep whilst I was still spectating, and in the end decided to wait a race or 2 to make sure I get the correct replay.

anyway the report never got filed, and the player forgotten.
however my question would have to be; what if the system had a button available to allow players to flag a race replay (the race thats ongoing), and then the system will e-mail the link to that replay after the race has ended? then the user could enter the ctra my page and continue to file the report with all the info available,

It could be an easyer way for players to use the $rep function and still force them to submit @myctra, its just a thought, I might add it to the 1.4 suggestions thread tommorow,

The servers are 95% of the time clean and fair but sometimes theres just some madness

SD.

sry for the grammer and spellings its late
Quote from The Moose :I think $Admin is the command your looking for Tony

Um, yes indeed. I should go RTFM

Sparky, you can still do that if the offending driver disconnects. Just choose any driver from that particular race in the meantime, and any lap if you're not sure. You can change it when you've watched the downloaded stored replay and identified the correct culprit and lap. Then you can submit it. I hope I'm right this time
you are right Tony, only thing you cant do is link to the replay until after next restart.

SD.
#63 - SamH
Quote from SparkyDave :what if the system had a button available to allow players to flag a race replay (the race thats ongoing), and then the system will e-mail the link to that replay after the race has ended?

Love it!
Yeah it was ridiculous yesterday, I'd really like to see some way to get rid of the wreckers without an admin.
#65 - Jakg
TBH yesterday was an exception - the system crashed, after being under a LOT of strain and the whole admin team were busy at Donnington - even then we got an SA in to boot 'em off.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG