The online racing simulator
No "beaming" to pit till car stands still!
Ever noticed that people in LfS beam directly to the pit if they are about to crash? I mean the crash cannot be avoided (e.g. they come on grass or something).
You are coming from behind and see that the guy has serious Problem, you brake to pass him but suddenly he's gone to pit.

I don't like that. This beaming to the pit should only be possible if the car stands still.

I bet someone has suggested this before...
Agreed.

Also, add a Star Trek like beam effect
AHAHAH, yes!
Might make some oval racers less careless.
I really think that would be a bad idea, at least for now. Since the damage isnt perfect for now, cars that hit a wall fly all over the place and spin wildly. In real life they would break into pieces, and stop spinning much sooner.

Oh yes, this mainly aplies to the oval, other tracks are less dangerous.

And when im testing setups, I pit a lot, stopping the car everytime before I can pit isnt funny.
Well OK. For testing this solution is not the best!

But i would really appreciate it during online play.
How about this: The beaming option should be a server side option so that you could block it (so if you wanna go to pits you have to drive all the way back). Instead of the beaming, If you ran out of fuel or crashed very badly there could be a time out where you can't drive , like in real life racing, it takes time to get a crashed car back in the pits.

P.S. for the ovals a yellow flag that applies on the complete track like in rl should do it. only problem at the moment is that there is no penalty for passing under yellow, at least i never saw such a penalty.
I have no problem when people "beam" to the pit after a heavy crash. Or if fuel runs out its the only way to go to the pits. Thats because they start from lap 1 again.

But I don't like it, when people do it BEFORE the crash is over and the car stands still.

Yes, a server-option would be great.
No no, i think we should keep Scawen up there
Touch ME !!
Another oval idea.
Quote from Breizh :Might make some oval racers less careless.

It seems to me that a lot of the oval problems come at the start. Would it be possible to have a rolling start do you think?
Maybe make it like resetting the car - only works when stopped (or is it up to 5km/h?)

That way they have to either spectate or wait for the car to stop. If spectate, then there should be the option to stop people rejoining the track until race end.
Quote from --==Gogo==-- :Ever noticed that people in LfS beam directly to the pit if they are about to crash? I mean the crash cannot be avoided (e.g. they come on grass or something).
You are coming from behind and see that the guy has serious Problem, you brake to pass him but suddenly he's gone to pit.

I don't like that. This beaming to the pit should only be possible if the car stands still.

I bet someone has suggested this before...

Would you rather he go ahead and crash and possibly cause you and others to crash too? I know the pitting gets annoying because some do it way too often but the beaming to the pit as you call it is very much needed in some cases.

If someone has crashed and it's one of the situations where the car is out of control and may slide into others in the race... by all means he should 'pit' and fast. I Admin our servers a lot and if I see this type of situation happening I spectate the driver. I'd rather have one angry driver mad at me than 5 - 10 others all mad because he ruined the race.

People testing and tweaking sets during a race is what can become most annoying especially to those who have low fps anyway. If it gets out of control I ask them to stop and if they don't I have been known to spec them as well and turn midrace join off.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~

Quote from tinyk :Would you rather he go ahead and crash and possibly cause you and others to crash too? I know the pitting gets annoying because some do it way too often but the beaming to the pit as you call it is very much needed in some cases.

If someone has crashed and it's one of the situations where the car is out of control and may slide into others in the race... by all means he should 'pit' and fast. I Admin our servers a lot and if I see this type of situation happening I spectate the driver. I'd rather have one angry driver mad at me than 5 - 10 others all mad because he ruined the race.

People testing and tweaking sets during a race is what can become most annoying especially to those who have low fps anyway. If it gets out of control I ask them to stop and if they don't I have been known to spec them as well and turn midrace join off.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~

Well... yes that might be usefull sometimes, but it's way beyond reality. What a game need to be good is realism. ''Beaming'' to pits isn't, in all cases. On another hand, it's true that it can be usefull if a n00b****zorz come on the road without any bad intentions, but is about to crash in the leader... then he pits and dissapears of the racetrack, which is a good thing, it's saving the race.

What would be fun is an option to disable the beaming to pits. In league races, or just on servers were people want realism. Then, if a crash happens, it will happen... it's sometimes pissing off, but it helps realism of the game. (IMO)
Quote from LRB_Aly :How about this: The beaming option should be a server side option so that you could block it (so if you wanna go to pits you have to drive all the way back). Instead of the beaming, If you ran out of fuel or crashed very badly there could be a time out where you can't drive , like in real life racing, it takes time to get a crashed car back in the pits.

Sounds good!
@tinyk, going to have to agree with boosterfire here. I think it's much better if that sort of beaming wouldn't be allowed (mostly). Yes, sometimes or even often a rather large portion of the racers may be involved, but that is racing. Knowing that there is no option to beam hopefully will make ppl be aware of other racers, drive safely enough and not take insane risks. JMO though I suppose..
Quote from NotAnIllusion :@tinyk, going to have to agree with boosterfire here. I think it's much better if that sort of beaming wouldn't be allowed (mostly). Yes, sometimes or even often a rather large portion of the racers may be involved, but that is racing. Knowing that there is no option to beam hopefully will make ppl be aware of other racers, drive safely enough and not take insane risks. JMO though I suppose..

Point taken but even the best of the best have their 'off' periods maybe because of lag or something else... so they 'beam' to pits as well. In a perfect world crashes would happen... people would accept it and go on but for now it doesn't work that way. People get so focused on their races that if it's disturbed they sometimes go instantly to name calling and grumbling which only disturbs things even more. I've seen some here do it even. I opt for the peaceful solution and encourage the 'beaming' to keep things running as smoothly as possible.

I can understand in league races however where the beaming maybe shouldn't be allowed. If they beam they shouldn't be allowed to rejoin the race at all maybe to keep things 'realistic'.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~
Fair enuff. Maybe it's better to leave it as it is an encourage serious leagues (and some serious public servers ) to be strict about it!
Beaming eh? That's the very thing that gets me places. For every driver that 'beams' I move up a slot. Beam me up Scotty
What would be the correct english word?

If beaming would not be possible maybe people start learning to slow down if something happens in front of them to avoid getting involved...
Quote from --==Gogo==-- :What would be the correct english word?

If beaming would not be possible maybe people start learning to slow down if something happens in front of them to avoid getting involved...

I don't think there could be a ''correct'' english word... the car actually doesn't beam anywhere, cause nobody knows where the heck are the pits? (:tilt If we supose that they don't really exist, I'd call that ''shifting out of existence''. So, when you press pits, you shift out of existence...
Quote from boosterfire :I don't think there could be a ''correct'' english word... the car actually doesn't beam anywhere, cause nobody knows where the heck are the pits? (:tilt If we supose that they don't really exist, I'd call that ''shifting out of existence''. So, when you press pits, you shift out of existence...

But for no time so it doesn't harm you!
It would be cool if they made disable "beaming" or "shift+s" a server side option for serious races/servers. The 'pits' should be entered by actually driving into the pit box, like you exit there now.

Just my 5 cents.
Yeah, that's the point. This is realism... well... maybe the devs are seeing in the futur... we might be able to ''beam'' thing eventually

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG