The online racing simulator
Funny how a post can generate so many others in so many driections.

To go into more detail on the MOE event.. I never put down MOE for allowing shift p.. Just pointed it out.. If you want my honest opinion of it though.. That takes away from the endruance aspect of it.. You flip a car or get it stuck in rF and you're done which in my opinion stops some people from driving over their head.. I had a good time for the most part and we're going to report on it..

Now.. a little more on my experience.. I became a member of the team I rean with a week ago. Was I unprepared for a 12 hour event.. Heck yes I was.. On top of that I was out of town from Tuesday thru Thrusday.. I was just commenting on it from my perspective..

Never claimed to be an expert on LFS and we'd love to have an official LFS correspondant.. Funny thing is.. I get all these people yelling at me for misreprestinging LFS (which by the way we are going to correct the Intel tour mistake on air) .. but I get no one stepping up to become the SRT / LFS rep. Help us out and we make sure to represent the community correctly..

You have to remember though.. Most of you are biased towards LFS so take things I say with a grain of salt. Just my opinion and yes I have a lot of people listening to me, but, I do my best to be objective, honest and tell my story from my perspective..

To the guy that said "don't think that Bawbag is the only one".. lol.. Believe me I know of lots of other really fast guys.. Just like over in my crowd.. Greger is the man.. but.. There's lots of guys that are pretty close. So.. I just used his name cause it came to mind.

And to Becky.. hehe.. If I told you the hurdles we went through to provide that coverage, you would understand why it is the way it is. We know it's raw, but we are very limited and have done all of that on a shoestring budget. You should see some of the first we did.. We're doing it with what rFactor has to offer, media encoder and a fat pipe.

You mention all of us coming together.. I'd love that.. Over in our world, no one shares technology secrets fearing that someone will out do them or try to take their business.. Flog TV was created only to provide coverage of our events.. We never really intended it for general spectators.. But.. After we started we got some great feedback about how we handled ourselves in the booth and that actually spawned SRT..

So that being said.. How is the quality of SRT compared to our broadcasts ? Lots better huh ?? Thats because we've put a lot more time and energy into it and we're not limited to rFactor short comings , media encoders and we're not in competition with anyone which means that everyone is willing to offer help and suggestions. We flew completely blind putting up the FLOG stuff. I think we did an ok job..

Lastly.. Becky, we would love for you to come over and help us put together the ultimate broadcast and vice versa.. I would love to be part of one of your shows as a broadcaster or doing behind the scenes stuff..You put it out there.. so lets do it !
darin i was thinking after reading yours and beckys thread y not set up something like the srba (simulated racing broadcasters association) or similar to bring the people who broadcast sim racing together
What do you think the conference is for James .

@Darin, we're on the same hymn sheet. I'll write to you guys and some others soon, after figuring out some stuff when I get the time.
yeah i get what you mean
LOL James you make me laugh every time you post
yeah i know
Hopefully coverage of LFS leagues, like the RSSC2 and upcoming RSWC will help to "promote" LFS in this way?.

In all the media I sent to SRT about the RSSC, I tried to include things like car and track profiles, hopefully this help.

Anything else I can think of to add to the coverage of our league on SRT, or anyone else can think of that would be good, let me know, and I'll try and get it included.
Quote from DarinSRT :Funny how a post can generate so many others in so many driections.

To go into more detail on the MOE event.. I never put down MOE for allowing shift p.. Just pointed it out.. If you want my honest opinion of it though.. That takes away from the endruance aspect of it.. You flip a car or get it stuck in rF and you're done which in my opinion stops some people from driving over their head.. I had a good time for the most part and we're going to report on it..

Now.. a little more on my experience.. I became a member of the team I rean with a week ago. Was I unprepared for a 12 hour event.. Heck yes I was.. On top of that I was out of town from Tuesday thru Thrusday.. I was just commenting on it from my perspective..

Never claimed to be an expert on LFS and we'd love to have an official LFS correspondant.. Funny thing is.. I get all these people yelling at me for misreprestinging LFS (which by the way we are going to correct the Intel tour mistake on air) .. but I get no one stepping up to become the SRT / LFS rep. Help us out and we make sure to represent the community correctly..

You have to remember though.. Most of you are biased towards LFS so take things I say with a grain of salt. Just my opinion and yes I have a lot of people listening to me, but, I do my best to be objective, honest and tell my story from my perspective..

To the guy that said "don't think that Bawbag is the only one".. lol.. Believe me I know of lots of other really fast guys.. Just like over in my crowd.. Greger is the man.. but.. There's lots of guys that are pretty close. So.. I just used his name cause it came to mind.

And to Becky.. hehe.. If I told you the hurdles we went through to provide that coverage, you would understand why it is the way it is. We know it's raw, but we are very limited and have done all of that on a shoestring budget. You should see some of the first we did.. We're doing it with what rFactor has to offer, media encoder and a fat pipe.

You mention all of us coming together.. I'd love that.. Over in our world, no one shares technology secrets fearing that someone will out do them or try to take their business.. Flog TV was created only to provide coverage of our events.. We never really intended it for general spectators.. But.. After we started we got some great feedback about how we handled ourselves in the booth and that actually spawned SRT..

So that being said.. How is the quality of SRT compared to our broadcasts ? Lots better huh ?? Thats because we've put a lot more time and energy into it and we're not limited to rFactor short comings , media encoders and we're not in competition with anyone which means that everyone is willing to offer help and suggestions. We flew completely blind putting up the FLOG stuff. I think we did an ok job..

Lastly.. Becky, we would love for you to come over and help us put together the ultimate broadcast and vice versa.. I would love to be part of one of your shows as a broadcaster or doing behind the scenes stuff..You put it out there.. so lets do it !

I'll step up if you want, since ya already know me
I think you guys make excellent reps. But maybe a little testrun of items (to avoid intel cockups) might be what would be best?
Quote from Becky Rose :I think Quake is his game, and he's not pimply. Although he fullfills other aspects of the stereotype .

Actually its been a plethora of different games that John has become World Champion in, including Quake versions, painkiller and other games. He's also commentating on the global CGS league right now with specific reference to the US region.
Quote from DarinSRT : I get all these people yelling at me for misreprestinging LFS (which by the way we are going to correct the Intel tour mistake on air) .. but I get no one stepping up to become the SRT / LFS rep. Help us out and we make sure to represent the community correctly.

I don't see anyone yelling at you. People are trying to fill you in on all of the little things that you don't yet comprehend. If you treat this as advice it will help you, if you treat it as complaining, it won't.
People here are trying to help you represent the community correctly. I think you are being genuinely supported by people here. That's a good thing, right?
I swore to myself that i wouldn't reply to posts that are negative but I had to make an exception since there were two in this thread by the same person.

Gunn...Feel free to put togther a list of all the things SRT doesn't comprehend about LFS so we can make a segment out of it.. Should make for some good entertainment..

Most are supporting us yes gunn.. It's the comments like "You guys don't appear to know it well enough to speak credibly on its behalf" because i said ?? what ?? That I was lost in a race?? That Bawbag is the best ?? ??? Please be more specific instead of making vague comments.. Oh and a personal email would be the best way to solve it, or better yet meet me on Teamspeak or my MSN Messenger account is [email protected] and you can tell me all the ways I can stop to smell the roses..

I'll also be expecting a full write up from THE LFS insider GUNN on the LFS community, the culture, the interface, etc.. I admit this forum is a great place for LFS info. Seeing that LFS isn't the only sim we report on, it's a daunting task to find it all..If you could write an article pointing it all out, maybe you can be the biggest help of all to us

Quote from Gunn :I don't see anyone yelling at you. People are trying to fill you in on all of the little things that you don't yet comprehend. If you treat this as advice it will help you, if you treat it as complaining, it won't.
People here are trying to help you represent the community correctly. I think you are being genuinely supported by people here. That's a good thing, right?

Not meaning to be critical of anyone or to defend anyone else - but generally I think that people should cut some slack when it comes to private non-profit initiatives like this that in the end can only prove beneficial.

And this is my criticism paragraph:
SRT, please use a compressor/limiter on your microphones! It'll help keep the voice levels normalized, especially for reports like your 12hr endurance event where the voices at many times were too loud or too low at times.

Other than that, keep on doing what you do - the only things you can get "wrong" are facts, not opinions, which as you said you can set straight on a later show - or if they're so blatantly and harmfully wrong you can just put a "errata" note on your website.
I find that the not completely correct facts even add to the show. Real commentators from real motorsports get things wrong all the time
About the whole proffesionalization/unification of "the sport"... On one hand I'd love to see it, but, apart from the problems reaching the motorsports public at large, which will never be able to tell NFS from LFS no matter how many times you explain it, it would affect us "deep midpack" guys in a very bad way as the major series would turn into alien only territory.

Now I can enter a race were some of the best run with just a few hoops, maybe a prequaly or a threshold time i'll obtain through hard practice. But if things start getting very serious i'll get confined to race the sim equivalent of some local minor banger autocross series or a scrape in rental karts among buddies. And I'd rather be running 5 laps down on Huttu than winning some silly pick up race.

But well, you can't stop history... even F1 used to be a pretty amateurish affair compared to what is now.

[edit]
I'd hate to see this thread going down the gutter as many others have gone here because some peple decide to play the "LFS hermit". The isolation of the LFS community doesn't help anyone, but many seem to get a kick from putting down other simulations and people who use them. Many times underservedly. I run rFactor about 90% of the time and yet you'll see me recommend LFS first to anyone that asks. Some here would tell people go play Mario kart before admitting anything positive about any ISI based sim.

A few wrong details about LFS coverage don't warrant any hostility, which would end up resulting on no coverage at all.
Quote from xaotik :generally I think that people should cut some slack when it comes to private non-profit initiatives like this that in the end can only prove beneficial.

Quote from jfgcatalan :A few wrong details about LFS coverage don't warrant any hostility

Totally agree with the above statements.

So a few reporting errors are made, so what ?. You can't expect someone to come in and learn every single minuscule detail and facet about a sim as in depth as LFS in a couple of weeks. I've been here two years and there's still loads of stuff that i still don't know or understand. The SRT guys were obviously so impressed with the sim that they thought it deserved a whole segment to itself in the very next episode. So, yet more free publicity for LFS, thats a good thing, right ? "All publicity is good publicity even if there are a couple of errors". .

As Darin has said (or maybe asked is a better description) if you want LFS to be represented in it's "true error free light" then nominate yourself as the LFS correspondent and be a part of the SRT adventure . They seem to be a good bunch of guys (and gals ) and they seem very committed to the "sport" of sim racing, they seem to be very open minded, and unlike many of their brethren arnt anally fixated with NASCAR which IS a good thing, right !

So please chaps, lets not turn this thread into petty squabbling and back biting. Roses do smell nice and bunnies are all lovely and fluffy
Quote from DarinSRT :I swore to myself that i wouldn't reply to posts that are negative but I had to make an exception since there were two in this thread by the same person.

Gunn...Feel free to put togther a list of all the things SRT doesn't comprehend about LFS so we can make a segment out of it.. Should make for some good entertainment..

Most are supporting us yes gunn.. It's the comments like "You guys don't appear to know it well enough to speak credibly on its behalf" because i said ?? what ?? That I was lost in a race?? That Bawbag is the best ?? ??? Please be more specific instead of making vague comments.. Oh and a personal email would be the best way to solve it, or better yet meet me on Teamspeak or my MSN Messenger account is [email protected] and you can tell me all the ways I can stop to smell the roses..

I'll also be expecting a full write up from THE LFS insider GUNN on the LFS community, the culture, the interface, etc.. I admit this forum is a great place for LFS info. Seeing that LFS isn't the only sim we report on, it's a daunting task to find it all..If you could write an article pointing it all out, maybe you can be the biggest help of all to us

None of my posts were negative, you've just decided to take them that way instead of taking them as honest feedback. When I've got a hundred hours spare I'll be sure to write a full report for you all about LFS. But right now I've got more important things to do ... like washing my hair.
Quote from DarinSRT :I swore to myself that i wouldn't reply to posts that are negative but I had to make an exception since there were two in this thread by the same person.

Don't let it distract you; once you've been around here a bit longer you'll soon learn to ignore them.
lol.. I was scared to come back here after my post..hehe.. Thanks for the support everyone and sorry if I went on a rant..

I'll be posting a message about a special segment we'll have up later today about Live for Speed. :-)

We also have This Week in Sim Racing - October 3rd up and an interview with Jan Kohl of The Us Pits.

Check em out ! www.simracingtonight.com

Quote from STROBE :Don't let it distract you; once you've been around here a bit longer you'll soon learn to ignore them.

No RSSC
w00t, LOTA represent!
no RSSC, this is the last of SRT for me.
Quote from BlueFlame :no RSSC, this is the last of SRT for me.

SRT is journalism and it needs to be above threats and bribes. It needs to be able to report on what it reports, and excludes what it can't get into a particular programme, without fear of reprisal. Right now, it just needs support for anything and everything it can and does deliver.

I know you were only joking, but I really felt it was important to push this boat out, so we can all appreciate where SRT comes from, where it is going to, and ensures that it doesn't get hindered by any of the politics that could just beat the whole thing to a pulp before it's even got started. This is really important.
Dan,

Keep an eye out for it. I meant to get it in This Week in Sim racing but had some problems.. I'll see what I can do to get it on SRT Episode 3

Darin

Quote from danowat :No RSSC

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG