The online racing simulator
1947 Delahaye 135MS
(12 posts, started )
1947 Delahaye 135MS
This is a medium-poly game model, intended for Racer, and possibly some other games.

First things first: Please don't make any comments about inaccuracy. For one thing, every single car of this type is at least slightly different, so something you think is an inaccuracy is probably just a different model. Second, I have a set of very detailed, accurate, and high-res blueprints. Third, I have a 1:18 scale model of the car. So just take that into consideration before you think you've found an inaccuracy. I don't mean to be rude, but I know someone will google this car, find a pic that looks different, and think it's inaccurate.

Anyways, I've been wanting to model a classic car for a while, and finally settled on this beautiful French car, with coachwork by Figoni et Falaschi. I still have a bit left to do - the chrome needs to be made 3D still in a few places, many parts are missing, etc.

I'm using 3dsmax 8.

No replies?

Changed a ton of stuff, so here's a fancy render

hehe, i never thought someone will make render of one of those cars

looks good imo, and bit low res

keep on working.
That looks good, can't wait to see it finished. I've never heard of that car before though.
nice car and render too! you will create it with open roof?
#6 - Davo
Looking good, for a low poly model it looks very good. Should be sweet once it's in game!
#7 - ajp71
Just don't over do the chrome (as seems to be the popular way to restore classic cars in the states) and you'll have something really nice
Quote from tikshow :nice car and render too! you will create it with open roof?

Yes, although I might model an optional convertible top.
I was recently banned from http://forums.facepunchstudios.com for posting this model under a different name. They thought I stole it. This post is proof that I, Penis Colada/dude56/zinklesmesh/kitteh, made this model.
make sure the chrome is plentiful and accurate. It seems to be the popular way to restore classic cars from that era that had ridiculous amounts of chome.
Nice work dude, the smooth shapes are regular, I think it's hard to model...

Glad to see that people are interested to those forgotten cars

1947 Delahaye 135MS
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG