The online racing simulator
Come and race the proper mens cars!
I started a thread in the Odd Combo Club subforum this afternoon but I don't think it's visible enough, so I thought I'd start one here (lots of exposure needed to find a few LRF racers, sadly).

From 7:30pm-ish a bunch of us will be gathering on n!faculty's LRF server, currently set to Aston GT Rev. Please come along!
#2 - Gil07
I'll join after dinner I'm crap in those cars though
No worries - it's a hard combo, lots of us can't drive it very well.
"Proper Men's Cars" ?

You've somehow connected your manhood to cars? sooo cliché...
#5 - ajp71
Hmm I can't find it in the server list you still on?
#6 - troy
yep still action there, under the names of at least 3 people posting here should be a directlink to the server or try it over lfsworld
Yeah I just left it. Pretty mental racing - I'm worn out!
Was fun though. We have to do that again.
Yeah it was good fun. Hopefully next time we'll get a bigger grid, but a dozen good, safe drivers is pretty good for an LRF combo that probably nobody's ever driven before.

Quote from rjm1982 :"Proper Men's Cars" ?

You've somehow connected your manhood to cars? sooo cliché...

Hmm. I didn't see you in there. Envy?
god that was horrible ... i couldnt even see the track most of the time
Quote from thisnameistaken :Hmm. I didn't see you in there. Envy?

Hell yes I'm envious... I'm at work flowcharting a gigantic site/webapp/viral for a huge client... grrrr....

I would have been there, I can't drive those that great, but I still love driving them
Yeah I should really have been working today too, but honestly I don't feel that guilty about it.

We'll do it again soon, no doubt. Maybe with a bit more notice next time.
Quote from rjm1982 :You've somehow connected your manhood to cars?

Don't connect your manhood to a car! Please. It's gonna hurt awfully, especially on bumpy roads.

(Sorry, couldn't resist. )
I didnt even know that was planned, but found strange as hell a well populated LRF server that didnt have the word 'drift' in it, so I had to try.

Hands full keeping the thing on track, but was fun
Quote from Shotglass :god that was horrible ... i couldnt even see the track most of the time

Did you sneak a supercharger into your 6? I noticed you having problems putting power down on the straights!

For my first time around AS6R, that was lots of fun, save for running out of gas twice in true moron fashion... :rolleyes: And slamming into a couple barriers expecting to turn the wrong way...
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Did you sneak a supercharger into your 6? I noticed you having problems putting power down on the straights!

i challenge you to drive that track with a monitor thats smaller in width than a dfp with half of it hidden behind the aforementioned dfp
Yeah there are a lot of long, wide corners around there, I can imagine it's tricky with a messed up FoV.
Was a lot of fun, I hope we can repeat that, perhaps with a bit more people and a longer race.

But I can't understand how it's possible to drive almost wr after one 5-lap-race. :spin:
Quote from thisnameistaken :Yeah there are a lot of long, wide corners around there, I can imagine it's tricky with a messed up FoV.

It was even harder after all last night doing that same combo in GT2's, where I can take most of those corners 100% flat, or near to it.
was great fun, we need to do it sometime again!
Quote from BurnOut69 :I didnt even know that was planned, but found strange as hell a well populated LRF server that didnt have the word 'drift' in it, so I had to try.

Yeah, that's quite rare isn't it! I am always excited when I see a few servers with LX's but then see they're all drifting...I like some drifting now and then but it would be great to also have some LX RACING

Unfortunately I couldn't make it this time as I was autocrossing a real man's car...a Miata. I know what you're thinking, but this one is turbocharged with 260rwhp and 240lb/ft of torque. It was wet for our second day of racing so that was "fun". I came away as the Canadian National Champion in CSP though so I can't complain A little off topic but I started on topic at least...
Quote from Michael Denham :Miata

It was wet for our second day of racing

uh that cant be good for your hairstyle ... luckily you know how to dress it
Haha. Well the helmet hair doesn't help that much Maybe the manly factor will go up if I tell you I was faster than all of the 911 GT3's, all of the Corvette Z06s, all of the Lotus Elises, Exiges, and Exige S's, 450hp 240s and RX7s etc etc etc Actually I think we were just about the fastest car with doors. But yeah, it's still a Miata I guess :P
Oh noes, they found out I'm a girl !
Quote from Michael Denham :But yeah, it's still a Miata I guess :P

Yep, its reputation as a woman's car is so annoying considering what an incredible package it is.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG