The online racing simulator
Multi OS
(9 posts, started )
Multi OS
Hey guys, i have 1 harddrive on my PC, 120Gb. It has a partition, 50GB by 50GB, and on 1 partition i have windows XP, and on the OTHER i have Widnows Vista...

So when i turn on the computer, it straight away goes to Windows XP, as it is the latest OS i have had installed on my computer

So i was wondering, how do i get the option to Start up from Windows XP, or Windows Vista

I have NTFS Harddrive, not sure what it means

So... thanks,
Harjun
If you installed XP after Vista you have some work to do:

You'll have to repair the Vista bootloader as it has been replaced (I use the term for want of a better word) with the XP bootloader, which hasn't recognised the Vista partition.

For this I believe you have to boot with the Vista cd in the drive and find a 'repair' option. Can't really remember any more than that.
I think EasyBCD can reinstall the Vista bootloader, but I'm not sure if it can do so from within XP. You'd have to try. If that fails, booting from the Vista DVD and reinstalling the bootloader from there would be the way to go.
just install linux and itll detect them all :P
Quote from harjun :thanks man

Make sure you read the documentation, otherwise you will not be able to boot anything.
Quote from wheel4hummer :Make sure you read the documentation, otherwise you will not be able to boot anything.

ok, i will try to understand it, thank you mr wheel4hummer , out of interest, why were you no longer welcome before? i missed your kindness
Quote from harjun :ok, i will try to understand it, thank you mr wheel4hummer , out of interest, why were you no longer welcome before? i missed your kindness

He was really bad boy, but now he has changed. To good. Maybe.

Multi OS
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG