The online racing simulator
CMX viewer
(6 posts, started )
CMX viewer
How thw hell do I view my car skins in the CMX viewer?

I've tried copying my .jpg file into the skins folder inside the cmx viewer folder and i've tried copying it to the cmx folder. The only option I have on the cmx main screen is to load cmx, this just lists the default cars.
I suppose I need to convert my .jpg file to a .cmx file but how do I do this? and if that's the reason why do we need to convert to .cmx when the LFS game itself uses .jpg files?

Any help appreciated
Load the CMX for the car you have made the skin for. You obviously need a car to put the skin on.

Then click on skin and choose the one you made. Easy.

Why the hell didn't you ask nicely (copy of your first bit).
CMX viewer
Thanks for reply, I got it to work eventaully.
Is there any way to make it look into the skins folder of the LFS diectory by default so I dont have to copy the same file to both locations?
no there isn't.
Well, there is if you do not use the P3 - P10 patches. Just extract the CMX view into your LFS directory. Then it uses the same folder for skins.

But, upgrading to Px makes it stop working, as various files are changed that both rely on.

It's unlikely there will be a patch for the CMX viewer, as it's just a viewing utility, and it works fine unless you want to share folders, so take your pick.
Quote from JackSun :Thanks for reply, I got it to work eventaully.
Is there any way to make it look into the skins folder of the LFS diectory by default so I dont have to copy the same file to both locations?

Reading between the lines, I see he says "sorry, we haven't done 'manners' at school yet"

CMX viewer
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG