The online racing simulator
FIA's SpeedCar
(45 posts, started )
FIA's SpeedCar
Since it is an FIA sanctioned series, I seriously doubt ovals will be involved. And from the pictures I saw, they don't look like they have near as many safety features as a NASCAR stock car.
Think it'll rival NASCAR?

It kinda looks like a ARCA car
So it's like NASCAR but with Don Mosley's maFIA?
650 hp and 2640 pounds, so IMO I think it will be mainly if not all road courses. Will they bring out the rain tires?
Quote from PMD9409 :650 hp and 2640 pounds, so IMO I think it will be mainly if not all road courses. Will they bring out the rain tires?

Likely I see any windshield wipers
NASCAR? FIA style?

*OMG Cranial Detonation!! MY BRAIN JUST BROKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Not bad, but the name.... Speedcar????

I picture something with rockets and wings, and breaks the sound barrier :doh: NOT a Nascar-look-a-like. I sure hope Billy Bob Montana didn't move to Europe and join the FIA.

They are cool cars on road-courses though... but nothing different from the cooler V8 Supercars imo .
Think this'll rob nascar of its popularity and foreign drivers?
Nothing will ever rob NASCAR of its popularity here..... sadly.
It's both fortunate and unfortunate.

Less fans for both IRL and USAR short tracks
It looks to me like someone has obviously come across a large pile of unused stock cars from a failed series and decided to try and make a one make series to accompany the Grand Prix circus (so road courses) with them. My guess is they'll be ASCARS, a large number of stock cars that are lying around in Europe from a failed series. Anyway my guess is in a couple of years time you'll find these all lying around again in Europe where they'll either be shipped back to the states or sold off for extremely low sums of money and end up club racing (V8 Star anyone?).
I can't believe they got Johnny Herbert in, but I had a quick roffle at his car number.

Karthikeyan shouldn't be in an old mens' series yet.
will it race in a same day with A.GP2?
I guess bernie woke up from an acid flashback and noticed what he did to formula one, so now he's gonna try and make a new series to cover it up.
Quote from Rappa Z :I guess bernie woke up from an acid flasback and noticed what he did to formula one, so now he's gonna try and make a new series to cover it up.

And eventually, Bernie will try to take over the whole world.

They even have the 2007 Monte Carlo headlight decals! Haha.

Edit: Just realized they tested at Virginia International Raceway. I've got quite a bit of experience there.
I'll quote a opinion from another forum in which I kinda agree

Quote from " :If the series wants to take itself seriously, then why did they get drivers that retired over 10 seasons ago or drivers who were complete hacks/novelties in f1 (
alesi- was an average driver in f1 at best, and now is so fat he cant fit in an open wheeler,
morbidelli - lol
karthikeyan- even more of an lol (was only in f1 because of the novelty of being an indian in f1)
katayama- biggest lol

Right now Mike Bliss (NASCAR driver) the probably the only well established driver (mabey aside from alesi and herbert) planning on participating and that's not saying much.
Quote from lizardfolk :I'll quote a opinion from another forum in which I kinda agree
Quote from deaskydesk :If the series wants to take itself seriously, then why did they get drivers that retired over 10 seasons ago or drivers who were complete hacks/novelties in f1 (
alesi- was an average driver in f1 at best, and now is so fat he cant fit in an open wheeler,
morbidelli - lol
karthikeyan- even more of an lol (was only in f1 because of the novelty of being an indian in f1)
katayama- biggest lol

I think anyone who seriously considers Jean Alesi as an "average F1 driver at best" can immediately have their opinions discounted on the grounds of absolute stupidity. Anyone who has any knowledge of F1 would agree that Alesi is at the very least an above average driver and many (including myself) would say he was an exceptional talent. Finishing 4th in your first GP and then 2nd in your fourth GP (and leading Senna around a street circuit in an inferior car) doesn't sound like the actions of an average driver at best to me. Alesi spent his best years at Ferrari at a time when their cars were terrible, his teammate was an even more exceptional talent or there was incredibly strong opposition (and more often than not a combination of at least 2 of those 3). He wasn't given the chance to show his true potential by any stretch.

On the original topic, I agree with ajp71...can't see this lasting long.
Quote from lizardfolk :Right now Mike Bliss (NASCAR driver) the probably the only well established driver (mabey aside from alesi and herbert) planning on participating and that's not saying much.

I'll remind you of this thread when Karthikeyan wipes the floor with him.
This is a trap!

But is it a trick to make unsuspecting hillbillies watch cars turn right or a trick to make race enthusiasts watch oval racing? (if I could rephrase that more inflamatory I would
Quote from thisnameistaken :I'll remind you of this thread when Karthikeyan wipes the floor with him.

Nah obviously he's far more capable than Alesi or Herbert by dint of the fact he's driven one round an oval.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I'll remind you of this thread when Karthikeyan wipes the floor with him.

Believe it or not I'd like to see that

But we probably wont. Bliss is not official yet (he's not on the main site) and I dont think he'll leave NASCAR CTS or NBS anytime soon.

Quote from ajp71 :Nah obviously he's far more capable than Alesi or Herbert by dint of the fact he's driven one round an oval.

Keep in mind that Bliss has also been known to do very well (even among the road course wringers such as Said, Fellows, Gooseens and Pruett) on road courses

Quote from amp88 :I think anyone who seriously considers Jean Alesi as an "average F1 driver at best" can immediately have their opinions discounted on the grounds of absolute stupidity. Anyone who has any knowledge of F1 would agree that Alesi is at the very least an above average driver and many (including myself) would say he was an exceptional talent. Finishing 4th in your first GP and then 2nd in your fourth GP (and leading Senna around a street circuit in an inferior car) doesn't sound like the actions of an average driver at best to me. Alesi spent his best years at Ferrari at a time when their cars were terrible, his teammate was an even more exceptional talent or there was incredibly strong opposition (and more often than not a combination of at least 2 of those 3). He wasn't given the chance to show his true potential by any stretch.

On the original topic, I agree with ajp71...can't see this lasting long.

FYI I never thought Alesi was a bad driver. I said i partially agree with that statement. Of course I cant comment too much on past F1 drivers due to the fact that I've only started following F1 since 2005
So does anyone really care about SpeedCar?

Jacques Villeneuve just decided to complete in it and it has many interesting names involved.

I cant find a much coverage at all of SpeedCar.
There is no tv-coverage. That's because these self-centered ex-F1 drivers don't want anyone to watch them collide on formation lap.

FIA's SpeedCar
(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG