The online racing simulator
F***ing wecking team.
(28 posts, closed, started )
F***ing wecking team.
I was playing in a Demo server before and this team called "IDI" would just sit at the first corner than ram the leader and attempt to ban them, they were succesful 2 times. then they rammed me and attempted to ban me saying I was a wrecker using their set quick keys and I got banned.

I have not been this frustrated at LFS before I punched the computer screen and hurt my hand. I just thought I'd share this with you so if you see an IDI member just ban the idiot.
Quote from FPVaaron :I have not been this frustrated at LFS before I punched the computer screen and hurt my hand. I just thought I'd share this with you so if you see an IDI member just ban the idiot.

Why let it get to you, there are far more frustrating things in life than LFS.
I see you are licensed, just play on licensed servers.

Dan.
#3 - axus
Are the iDi people S2 licensed... do you know their racer names?
Quote from danowat :Why let it get to you, there are far more frustrating things in life than LFS.
I see you are licensed, just play on licensed servers.

Dan.

Some times I get sick of the faster cars and I enjoy demo racing more beasue it's closer and more competitive.
Quote from FPVaaron :Some times I get sick of the faster cars and I enjoy demo racing more beasue it's closer and more competitive.

Hmm, you can find STD car BL1 racing on licensed servers very often - not to mention the tight UF1 fun you can get in tracks like FE club, etc.

I'll have to agree with danowat though - don't let it get to you too much, life is too short for such.
Just use the demo cars on licenced servers :/
Quote from tristancliffe :Just use the demo cars on licenced servers :/

Surely that would be too simple a soloution?

Dan.
but u guys also need to remember, if we all take that attitude and stick with S2, there werent be many nice clean racers on demo to promote the good racing of LFS
Quote from Lola Popeye :if we all take that attitude and stick with S2, there werent be many nice clean racers on demo to promote the good racing of LFS

... likewise if we all angrily punch our monitors that won't do much to help either. The only solution is either "patrolling demo server" by organized groups of licensed users (a posse .. :/ ) to root out wreckers or constantly bugging demo server admins to police their servers more often (and implement the autokick/spectate if going in the wrong direction feature on hosts).
#10 - Woz
Quote from FPVaaron :I was playing in a Demo server ...

That is the problem right there
Several Solutions imo

1. Licenced people go and play on Demo servers to promote LFS. It means that that person has to put up with the avergae demo players personalities and driving standards. If they want to, great!

2. Hoards of Licenced players go around and 'admin' the demo servers, providing the 'nice' people with a safe playground. Bit 1984 don't you think?

3. Let the demo users play the HUGE demo, and reads the disclaimer saying "Online play in the demo may differ from that on licenced servers".

Now, I'm not saying sod 'em, if they don't pay they don't have the right to a fun time. It's true, but I'm not saying it. But it's make PERFECTLY clear in the demo, on this forum, and pretty much everywhere that the demo is nothing like the licenced servers, and if you want clean (ish) racing, pays your money (if only £12) and take your choice.

There is no problem with wreckers, because those being victimised have the opportunity to pay a small amount of money, and in one fell swoop get nice races, more cars and tracks, and support the development of LFS. If you don't want to pay, then stick to the demo, whatever it throws at you. Or you could try and crack LFS, and quietly smoulder in the pitiful waste of a human body you will become by doing so.
Quote from tristancliffe :it's make PERFECTLY clear in the demo, on this forum, and pretty much everywhere that the demo is nothing like the licenced servers, and if you want clean (ish) racing, pays your money (if only £12) and take your choice.

I'm not entierly sure it IS perfectly clear, ok maybee it is if you're a licenced racer, but remember how little demo players can know about what racing SHOULD be like, a lot do, but first impressions count for a lot, and that quite often is an impression of poor behavior from both the AI, and Idiot humans.

there ARE roughly as many demo players as licenced players so it ain't as if thers not a good few peeps to have decent races with. If you're a server admin then maybe fire up a password server and PM the pass to anybo you feel is OK to join. bitcomplicated but even if a muppet was to join it would simply mean leaving him out of the mailing list for password changes.

Ignore the best you can, they're only sad little muppets with A.D.D. anyhow, oh to be 11 again

s'pose we could introduce forward firing anti-wrecker cannon.

OR, and this is a long shot.... wait until they get bored, they've gone through about 3 iDi teams in the last 4 months, I don't think it can entertain for long. racing's what LFS is for, they might decide to do that once they've got the skills.
Just sit around for a bit talking a load of bollocks to them, they usually get bored and leave.
There is a catch though. I just searched through some servers trying to find an XRT server and there were hardly any people playing with that car in S2. There were a lot demo servers and players with that combo. And I have seen this many times before. If you want to play with XRT - you must play the demo. And even if there was a server with XRT racing, the FXO and the RB4 are then allowed too and FXO is just too fast for the XRT in the city tracks for example.

And because there is a lot to choose from demo servers I just check if there are more than one wreckers playing. If there is just one you might get him kicked and have good races. If there are more than one - bye bye.

But that possibility of a wrecker team just worries me.
I made my first foray into demo servers for ages recently, and I must say it wasnt what I expected.
I just randomly picked a server and found myself in what was apparently 'the Last All Fast Demo Server'. They had some kind of server side insim script that kept everybodies PB's, and if you couldnt do a 1.33.99, you got kicked.

Anyway, I hadnt raced GTI for months and only had race_1 setup to play with and could only manage a 1.35.00, but the nice fellows didnt kick me because my ill-gotten unofficial hotlap chart fame. Which was sweet.

It was like wandering into the wild west expecting lawless chaos and finding a little outpost of switzerland where the rule of law was ruthlessly enforced. Kind of cool really. I think it was a NOS team server.
Quote from colcob :I made my first foray into demo servers for ages recently, and I must say it wasnt what I expected.
I just randomly picked a server and found myself in what was apparently 'the Last All Fast Demo Server'. They had some kind of server side insim script that kept everybodies PB's, and if you couldnt do a 1.33.99, you got kicked.

Anyway, I hadnt raced GTI for months and only had race_1 setup to play with and could only manage a 1.35.00, but the nice fellows didnt kick me because my ill-gotten unofficial hotlap chart fame. Which was sweet.

It was like wandering into the wild west expecting lawless chaos and finding a little outpost of switzerland where the rule of law was ruthlessly enforced. Kind of cool really. I think it was a NOS team server.

Yeah that's my fav demo server the admins are pretty cool people and always willing to give you a decent setup.
Yep that would definitely be the NOS server. It's the best demo GTi server. Expand your foray to some of the other servers and you will find it's a bit different from the NOS & FM (FFA) servers
#18 - Gunn
Quote from colcob : I think it was a NOS team server.

Those guys are serious racers for sure, totally addicted to LFS (they also exist in S2).
Quote from axus :Are the iDi people S2 licensed... do you know their racer names?

Well there is a guy called Mafia, that has never driven a lap, according to LFS World. That name was also used on the IDI Forums ( as the forum Moderator )

So maybe, but we will never know unless:

1. He stands up and says its me ( yer right, ok )

2. He joins a S2 server ( don't think that will happen either )

But you never know. Jokers usually slip up somewhere along the road
I had the same problem on a demo server last night i was on an airattack rallycross server and two guys waited in turn one blocking the track and wrecking the feild and they did it again and again!

Now its all well and good saying play on S2 servers but none of them normally do BLrallycross reverse and i cant host.
Further more i went to join a rallycross leuge and they said they were full.

So really these people need to be found out and made known to all the hosts so they can be banned!
here is a replay
Attached files
twats.mpr - 262.4 KB - 228 views
-
(Lible) DELETED by Lible
Quote from Lible :Im not a fast driver, but whatabout challenging them? http://forums.cjb.net/iditeam-about5.html Lets get a team and show them how to be fast and just not stupid.

Do you think they mean fair racing? Not...
Just a 7-lap race, they can wreck us, put the winner is the one who crosses the finishline first.
from what i've dug up about many of the idoits that haunt LFS, most of them are between 11-15 and always have a history of cracking games, and playing the 1337 h4x0r.illepall
ALL of them seem to be incapable of actually racing anybody.

luckily most are too young to realize that (nearly)everything online can be traced back till you get to the point of finding they're more 'public' usernames, then they're screwed

I've chased a few up, back to their RL names, but they've given up on LFS now anyway, (gone to play NFSU i expect)
This thread is closed

F***ing wecking team.
(28 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG