The online racing simulator
Ramming Cars Into Spectate
Just now I was on CTRA Single Seater 1 when it was completely full. A little bit before the race restarted, a few guys started ramming me and another guy into a barrier which caused first him and then me to go spinning through the air wildly, which of course is likely to cause a 'took the wrong route' error and immediate spectate, duly occuring to both of us. There were obviously at least two guys waiting for spots, since they joined as a result of us getting unfairly spectated out of ours. We sat out the next race.

I'm not saying that the guys who took our spots were necessarily working explicitly together with the guys ramming us off track, but they certainly benefited unfairly at our expense (though innocently). IMO anyone who would crash into cars with the intent to cause them to suddenly spectate, especially on a full server, should be punished.
#2 - FL!P
Did you report him? He won't be punished if you didn't!
It's at least less frustrating than being hit in the pits during a pitstop and be penalized with a speeding violation drive-through by someone just joining and just accelerating out of the pitbox without looking.

This is especially tiring when you are fighting for podium and the drive-through ruins your chances on that.
Quote :IMO anyone who would crash into cars with the intent to cause them to suddenly spectate, especially on a full server, should be punished.

I can assure you they wont be punished at all, because instead of raising a $report to tell us about them with evidence we can use to prevent them from denying it (believe me, 100% of penalised drivers protest their innocence until given a replay ... hense the reporting system) instead we have a post here.

It's not harsh or bitchy, it's just simple facts, we cant do anything without a report and we can do everything with a report...
Exactly, if you didn't raise a report, don't come complaining here. And if you did raise a report don't come complaining here either because those guys will be dealt with accordingly.

I can understand that you're frustrated and needed to get it off your chest, though, but this will not change anything at all whereas a valid report would make sure those guys got banned or penalized in some way.
#6 - Mauni
And i suspect there isn't a conspiracy going on. If the race is full, there are probably several people lurking for a free spot.
#7 - ajp71
Possibly the CTRA could have some kind of rotation system for when the servers full, possibly spectate the 3 people with the highest number of yellow flags in the last race? Or automatically spectate someone who telepits?
Quote from ajp71 :Possibly the CTRA could have some kind of rotation system for when the servers full, possibly spectate the 3 people with the highest number of yellow flags in the last race? Or automatically spectate someone who telepits?

I think this would be a bad idea. Everybody on the server has as much a right to race as anyone else. "Punishing" somebody for causing a few too many yellow flags is unjust. That person might just have a bad run or got caught up in accidents that weren't his fault. And we all know that in many cases LFS throws unneeded yellow flags. As for telepitting, that's not really allowed anymore. AFAIK you can go to pit once and rejoin; if you go to pit a second time you have to wait until the race is over, at which point a person waiting to join the race can take his place.
Quote from Becky Rose :
It's not harsh or bitchy, it's just simple facts, we cant do anything without a report and we can do everything with a report...

No problem.

I'll file a $report from now on instead of starting a new thread. Part of the reason I started this thread was to make absolutely sure that it was in fact a $report-able offense to ram people into barriers with that intent. Now I know it is, and I know what to do.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG