The online racing simulator
Additional Point Earning
(12 posts, started )
Additional Point Earning
I would like to see point being awarded for qualification places, fastest lap times and maybe even fastest sector times.

I would like to see sector times flash up in game just as fastest lap times do...
#2 - jmkz
and what will you with these "extra" points?
A long time ago I read they were going to allow you to trade points for upgrades.

Currently, the same as the ones I earn for winning races or nothing as it's known...illepall
It has been thought a lot what to do with the credits, all kinds of stuff has been suggested like additional pit box equipment, car unlocking (track unlocking?), minimum credit limit to join servers etc...

I'd just loose the credits and focus on the tests in LFS. Make them little more challenging and make that certain cars need certain test approved that the car is allowed online play. Like 0-400m with F08 for starts, from start 'till T2 in all tracks with one car (from each classes)... stuff like this. So if you have been playing LFS for years you will pass these easily and they wouldn't take excessively time (some don't need them but some do). And I don't think we need 90 tests...
#5 - Lible
Its a good idea

I would like...

Minimum points to join server
Unlocking skins
Maybe some extra cars for much points - some guys buy S2 for driving FO8 at the oval - 5000 points for FO8
Better pit crew, so they do it all faster
Hided setups!
And for example at least 200 points to go online
#6 - jmkz
Minimum points to join server -- no good, points can be earned easily and it defeats the purpose of keeping it a fun and open game

Unlocking skins -- unlock what skin? there are tons and tons available for free

Maybe some extra cars for much points - some guys buy S2 for driving FO8 at the oval - 5000 points for FO8 -- if people buy S2 then they are allowed to do with it what they want as long as it doesn"t bother other people.. how exactly do they bother you when they drive Oval?

Better pit crew, so they do it all faster -- see point 1
And for example at least 200 points to go online -- see point 1
#7 - ajp71
I don't want to unlock cars with points or rice up my car with virtual money. I think minimum points to join a server is just daft as it spreads the small community into playing more empty servers, which is never a good thing. I'd understand the need for some very simple tests in the FO8 and GTRs, like running a few safe (not full pace) laps and then once people have got the basic concept of car control then letting them online to really push and find the limits of the cars (which takes hours of lapping).
#8 - bbman
Quote from Lible :Its a good idea

I would like...

Minimum points to join server
Unlocking skins
Maybe some extra cars for much points - some guys buy S2 for driving FO8 at the oval - 5000 points for FO8
Better pit crew, so they do it all faster
Hided setups!
And for example at least 200 points to go online

Sry, but I can't agree with any of your suggestions... I HATE every game, where I have to unlock anything... It's just prolonging the game sythetically, when I buy a game, I want the content immediately... I wouldn't have bought S2 if I had to do endless races with GTi before I even could choose Turbo-Class or something like this... I also don't like that faster pit crew idea... It's an unfair advantage to somebody, who just got his license...

For the points going online: Easy... Just drive a race with GTi with a few AI racers with UF1... 48 points per win, you're online in no time. Are you a better driver then? I don't think so...
#9 - avih
I'm not sure the credits are a good system actually. For one, they're too easy to achieve. OTOH if they were hard to achieve, and you would actually gain some access by having them (tracks/cars/etc) then for sure some people wouldn't be able to achieve them, either because they use KB, or don't play enough etc. Shouldn't they be allowed access to the content they've payed for?

you could say it's like other single player computer games, if you're not good enough then you won't get to the next stage to see the next level which you payed for too, etc. but I don't think this comparision is good because you pay to race online.

maybe a system where you have to complete, say, 20 offline laps with a car before you could race it online (while offline driving is unrestricted), perhaps with some "final test" that will NOT be too hard to pass. But i don't think that a more severe limitation is in place.

just my oppinion though.
You are adding to the idea of completing the training before you're allowed to play online... Sounds fair to me...
I were just joking :banana:
Quote from Lible :I were just joking :banana:

I wasn't.

The current "tutorial system" doesn't make you any better driver or racer imho. If we had just few harder tests like:
a) the start with F08
b) blue flags - passing and letting pass
c) racing line in T1
d) blocking and driving line

And like Avih said, make the limitation only for online playing.

I don't think there is any need to implement any kind of rating system - like in gran turismo, if you get under 1:02:02 you get gold medal and under 1:03:30 you get silver etc. Just pass/fail will do.

And I really don't understand the opinion about "you have already paid for the content - why put some additional unlocks there". I think every driver has to prove they are good enough for that car. It is not about speed, it's about controlling the car and playing by the rules. In real life you need to prove you are able to drive the car and follow the rules - why should we allow people to drive 500hp gtr cars in LFS without any kind of preparations?

This doesn't block newbies off the servers. If one can drive safely - that's enough for me.

Additional Point Earning
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG