The online racing simulator
deggis, I agree with your point about pr bs and if I seem overly optimistic or naive regarding gt5, it's because I "really want" it to finally bring the promised goods I know that it might not happen(again), so I'll wait until I read reviews by simracers of the final game before stepping into console land for the first time...

like someone said there seems to be nothing wrong with physics in the videos and in all gameplay vids driving was done in standard mode with slick tires, because these are set by default. and pro mode should be aimed at more realism(there were some comments about the major difference between the modes and pro being "a step into full simulation" by those who were fortunate to try it) - of course the question is to what extent

and yes, that excuse of not having damage got old and annoying long ago, but that is true... I'd guess that even PD themselves don't know atm what kind of damage they will be able to implement(all cars, only race cars, only physical or something else or none at all:schwitz
If you want to look at pretty pictures, play GT5, or whatever. If you want to race, play LFS.

It's that simple: if you have time to notice graphics, you're not racing at the limit.
Quote from deggis :
This thread was hilarious in some way... Some people have really thick LFS fanglasses. Even that generally graphics in LFS are regarded quite not so amazing, some people basicly claim it still looks better than everything else?

Hmm.. I think those GT5 shots look like they have amazing models and generally very good just the reflection and bloom is overdone, so there are bits that really spoil it and stop it looking better than LFS for me. The original Forza looked awesome (haven't seen Forza 2) and TBH much better than LFS.

In fact rF can look better than LFS, Neil's Corvette mod is one of the very few cars that does look good though then you have to find a track that looks good to go with it.

Best looking racing game I've ever seen though has to be RBR, I know it has it easy technically with no other cars to render, in fact the car models are pretty crap but that doesn't matter. It just looks stunning and mind bogglingly fast

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG