The online racing simulator
GT2 Balance Test - Aug 26 @ 17:00 UTC
Server name: MOE GT2 Test - CoRe
Password: moegt2test
Track: Aston GT
Time: 17:00 UTC / 1:00 EST

Everyone is encouraged to come (as many as the server can hold, anyway). We'd like to have as many of the top drivers from the test race as we can get because we need fast guys in all three cars. The goal of this test is to evenly balance the three GT2 cars, and we can only do that if we have guys of equal skill in each.

See you there!
Would love to, but can't make it
Can anyone commit to this, or should we scrap it?
#4 - Koopa
The password aint correct guys.... Nobody can join this way...
i´ll join the test..... but... the pass is not the one you put there.... i used the "try and error" method and get it...
pass:moegt2test
Sorry guys, I set the server up late last night, and forgot what password Bones wanted me to use.

Anyway, server info:

Server name: MOE GT2 Test - CoRe
Password: moegt2test

DWB: admin PW is the normal CoRe admin PW.
Haha, CoRe team communications FTL!

Thanks, Banshee.
:elefant:
meh, i just woke up again anyway, so who's p for some testing
We did some pretty extensive work earlier before my power died. At the point where I disconnected, we had the following restrictions in use:

FXR: 29%
XRR: 33%
FZR: 24%

This seemed almost right. Jonesy ran a 46.7 with the FZR @ 26% and a 46.2 with the XRR @ 33%. Bawbag ran a 46.7 with the FXR @ 29%.

We generally agreed that the FZR should be fastest by a few tenths since it's using the most fuel (almost 1% per lap more) and that the FXR should be the slowest by a few tenths because of its better traction and recovery-in-grass.

Needs more work, though, and I have a sneaking suspicion that we might need balancing for each round. : /
Quote :and I have a sneaking suspicion that we might need balancing for each round. : /

Unless it's one car that dominates each round: no. It's not the goal of balancing to have a balance on each track. The goal is, to achieve an overall balance with cars being good depending on the type of track. Meaning a car can be dominant on tight/twisty tracks but then lose out on fast tracks. That would give a good mix to the stuff.

Thank you for your intensive work, guys.
sadly I missed out on the session, and need to review the lap times, but ther eshould be plenty of data to make that decision. I'd also like to do this again next week at south city.
Quote from Hoellsen :Unless it's one car that dominates each round: no.

This is what I meant.
the values DWB came up with have been added to my notes, i just need the replays to take a look at them more closely
Well, I ran 46.2 with xrr leaving room for improvement at least for couple more tenths. resistrictions were at 33%.

fzr I ran 46.9 with 26% or 27% of restricitons.

And iirc bawbag made 46.2 with the fxr with the 'latest' restrictions at the time. If I´m wrong he'll correct me.

And would be nice to see more ppl taking part in this testing, since there's really nothing for the GT1 teams after all, and the server seemed to be pretty empty last night.
Quote from Jonesy_ :And would be nice to see more ppl taking part in this testing, since there's really nothing for the GT1 teams after all, and the server seemed to be pretty empty last night.

I agree. People who want to participate in GT1 this season don't really need to worry about their class.... it would be nice if everyone could help out with balancing the GT2 class. It is very much appreciated
We should do another one of these this coming weekend and get the word out sooner. And have an actual league admin there to orchestrate things... I felt a little awkward directing someone else's show.
Quote from Jonesy_ :And iirc bawbag made 46.2 with the fxr with the 'latest' restrictions at the time. If I´m wrong he'll correct me.

Bawbag made a 2.45.2 and rooble was also doing some 45s with the 29% so that makes the fxr well to quick because of the none added weight is has not got.
ahh, just picked up a point two in teamspeak, so tought he meant 46's

And I stand corrected.
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :the values DWB came up with have been added to my notes, i just need the replays to take a look at them more closely

I had autosave on, so when i'm back home ill attach all of them here.
Yea, the FXR was way to fast at 29%, 2.44's were easily possible after a few laps, especcially since the setup I was using would be one used in a race.
Quote from Bawbag :Yea, the FXR was way to fast at 29%, 2.44's were easily possible after a few laps, especcially since the setup I was using would be one used in a race.

Man, I'm slow as hell.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG