The online racing simulator
Steering Lock
(20 posts, started )
Steering Lock
hi

just wondering what'd be the most realistic steering lock setting for road cars ? despite the personal feeling etc.. im using a G25 with a 720° rotation.. cos i honestly think that 36 is pretty unrealistic if u know what i mean..

many thx,
:weeping: I failed. just like my avatar
Quote from imthebestracerthereis ::weeping: I failed. just like my avatar

off topic:
ive seen your avatar befor but never noticed what it was a picture of. lol its so sad and funny at the same time
hey

thx for your replies and good sense of humor..but im actually looking for the steering lock ratio's giving by the devs for each cars.. i remember a post a long time ago where it's specified, but i cant find it anymore..i recall that every car has it's own "realistic" steering ratio..
yo yo for the street cars in the top two rows 720 should be fine, to my recollection. the 3 race cars at the bottom are 540 if i'm not mistaken, and the formula cars are 250? i just got the game and haven't given them much lap time so i wouldn't follow that like the holy grail. but if you select a car, go to the pits or garage, and click on the steering tab. it tells you the maximum lock for the car you're in, and you can adjust accordingly.
Just set the lock to 720 and set steering compensation to 1 or 0, can't remember which. That way you don't have to worry about the steering lock, it will always be the same as the car yo uare driving. There are no force stops that way though.
The steering lock angles are shown in LFS in the setup screen for each car.
Steering comp with wheel at 720 should be 1.
Quote from geeman1 :Just set the lock to 720 and set steering compensation to 1 or 0, can't remember which. That way you don't have to worry about the steering lock, it will always be the same as the car yo uare driving. There are no force stops that way though.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I can't leave my lock at 900 or 720 and have it "be good" for every car.
DFP with wingman drivers, btw.

If I don't adjust both driver and ingame lock to the cars max, I don't get 1:1 steering.
Quote from TiJay :Steering comp with wheel at 720 should be 1.

No.. 0 right?

if you put it to 1, you will get that the wheel will turn a bit, when you turn the wheel more.

or something.
Nope, if you set your wheel at 720° in both the Profiler and in LfS, you have to set the Wheel Turn Compensation to 1, or it'll always have 720° even if the car has much less... Try it out with the BF1 or better with the MRT (has the lowest lock), turn on the wheel turn indicator, get into follow view and turn the wheel...

gohfeld: Have you set your Wheel Turn Compensation at 1? If not, there is your problem...
Well, if you put it to 1 at 720 degrees with a BF1 and you spin, then the FF will take you all the way to the left or right of the wheel.

I just switch it when I need an other car...
That avatar is so wrong, i'm going to phone the rspca and tell them about you.
ive always used 900 as long as ive had the G25 xD
I use 450, happy medium between the road cars, and the openwheelers. Saves me from having to switch settings every time I change from a different car (bar MRT, haffto change if I drive that).
I guess the reason it never worked for me was the fact that turn comp. is always off on my set. I never got a good feeling with in on in terms of FF as it does pull to the locks once you lose grip. I guess I'll give it another shot as I'm getting tired os having to minimize to change the settings in profilier once I switch servers.

Thanks for the tip.

Steering Lock
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG