The online racing simulator
Car deformation
(35 posts, started )
Quote from Dalarna :Why should they be made out of fiberglass? Who decided's that? You as a player or the Dev's that created this game from scratch?
If you read that question enough you will see that the answer is; The Dev's.
If they decide that all cars are metal, then they are metal.
If they decide that all cars are carbon fibre, then they are carbon fibre.
If they decide that alll cars ..... You get the point.

It doesn't really matter what you think is real or not real, the cars are made by the Dev's for a game created by the Dev's. The Dev's decide what should be done and not you.
Sure players do have some "voice" in the matter, but you can't just come in screaming that this and that ain't real because you have seen 15 wrecked Caterham's which has absolutley NOTHING to do with the game at all.
The cars is LFS cars, LX4, FXR, FZR, UF1 and so on. Not Caterham, DTM-car, Porsche GT3, Mini Cooper. It is an LFS car and thereby there is no real preset of which material it is.

It is my right to have freedom of speech if i say that it isnt realistic and want other peoples veiws whether they think it is or it isn't, to make a game like this succesfull you have to take into account the veiws of the community, basicly i said that the LX4 should be fibre glass, and im not making a big fuss out of it.

Although that the current system isnt no way finished i feel they could have done a better job than they did, after all it is one of the most important aspects of the game.
crashes
i know this waz alredy posted but i made a car crash using endorphin 2.7.0 this is the kind of car crashes i want to see in the next version(s) of lfs
Attached files
car crash.rar - 828.4 KB - 124 views
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :It is my right to have freedom of speech if i say that it isnt realistic and want other peoples veiws whether they think it is or it isn't, to make a game like this succesfull you have to take into account the veiws of the community, basicly i said that the LX4 should be fibre glass, and im not making a big fuss out of it.

Although that the current system isnt no way finished i feel they could have done a better job than they did, after all it is one of the most important aspects of the game.

Yea, you say that it should be fibre glass. Why? The LX4 may be made out of metal, because it crumples like metal, ever think of that?
And the deformation is just temporarly, haven't you read any of those threads? The game is in ALPHA-stages, that means that everything is not complete and there will be improvments.
Quote from metroid511 :this is the kind of car crashes i want to see in the next version(s) of lfs

That is NOT realistic at all! Cars aren't made of glued together, invincible parts.
#30 - Jakg
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :It is my right to have freedom of speech if i say that it isnt realistic and want other peoples veiws whether they think it is or it isn't

Actually it isn't your right to freedom of speech at all on an internet forum, btw. By the same logic it's freedom of speech to scawl "DONKEYS ARE ALIENS!!!!" all over a bus shelter
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Although that the current system isnt no way finished i feel they could have done a better job than they did, after all it is one of the most important aspects of the game.

How good was your damage model on first release? I'd love to try your racing sim.
Quote from wheel4hummer :That is NOT realistic at all! Cars aren't made of glued together, invincible parts.

lets see you make some more (good) :chairs:
Quote from Jakg :Actually it isn't your right to freedom of speech at all on an internet forum, btw. By the same logic it's freedom of speech to scawl "DONKEYS ARE ALIENS!!!!" all over a bus shelter

Well if a want to say something about how cars crash on this game and my thoughts there is not anyhting YOU or ANYONELSE can do about it. What you are talking about is VANDALISM which is an entirely different thing, im i vandelising by writing my thoughts on a public internet forum, i think not.

Its not just the LX4 that does it the BF1 does it aswell which is definately modelled on a F1 car which i made out of carbon fibre, so are you telling me the BF1 is meant to be amde out of metal aswell!
I can see it now.. All the noobs crashing on purpose to see there car smash everywhere

Car deformation
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG