The online racing simulator
I now implemented the best lap times into my hompage and with Fling it works fine. It updates automaticly.

Now what i purpose to you Aqualifer for the next Version of Vcom is a Function that Server best laps would be saved for each car of each player who drives on a Track.

Now when i drive a fast Car my best lap is saved, i will never be faster with a slower car, and so my fastest lap with the slow car isnt saved.
On servers which runs 24/7 after a time there will be only entries of the fastes cars.

It would be nice when players would be able to chose a car with a pull down menu and could also see fastest lap times with slower cars.

I dont now if this can be realized, maybe im dreaming to much. But it would be a nice function.

Even wehen it cant be realized, Vcom is a very great tool
Respect and thanks to you Aqualifer !!!!

Ähmm, what i wanted to ask, is it possible to display Messages after some Time ? Once an hour or so ? Or only once a day?
Quote from BMWMaster81 :
Now what i purpose to you Aqualifer for the next Version of Vcom is a Function that Server best laps would be saved for each car of each player who drives on a Track.

They are already. Type !pb and you see times for all cars. Type for example "!sb all" and the list is for all cars combined (if you type !sb the list is for your current car or the last car - if you haven't had a car, it is same as "!sb all"). You can also use car group names or car names in the !sb command, like "!sb gtr", "!sb tbo", "!sb rb4", etc.

Quote from BMWMaster81 :
Now when i drive a fast Car my best lap is saved, i will never be faster with a slower car, and so my fastest lap with the slow car isnt saved.
On servers which runs 24/7 after a time there will be only entries of the fastes cars.

This must be because of the above reason. If you have e.g FZR selected it prints times for FZR cars. Type for example "!sb all" in that case.

Quote from BMWMaster81 :
It would be nice when players would be able to chose a car with a pull down menu and could also see fastest lap times with slower cars.

mmmm....the output files (XML)? All cars are now in the same file (best times). It would require to do some filtering for it. Maybe I should make some more browser examples for the result files.

Quote from BMWMaster81 :
Ähmm, what i wanted to ask, is it possible to display Messages after some Time ? Once an hour or so ? Or only once a day?

Nope. At least currently not. I hate to see every minute a text "drive clean" or "visit www.myteam.net". So I wasn't very interested to make such a thing. I could do it if it is really wanted.
Quote from Aquilifer :Yes an no. You can usually just point a directory (w/o an index file), but the server returns you a html file which lists the files in the directory. (if there is an index file, you get it instead)

For example:
http://www.simrs.com/images/ss/

You must have the server set up correctly, meaning in Apache having a .htaccess file containing "Options +Indexes" (more info on customizing it = http://www.besthostratings.com ... nt-directory-listing.html) or in IIS following this "http://blog.crowe.co.nz/archive/2006/03/18/603.aspx" will show you how
@Aqualifer, yep a filter Option is exactly what i tried to describe.
It would be very nice when there were more filters in XML Files.

Message Option would be nice to telle Drivers that they can see Best Laps on www . But it isnt so important.

@dawesdust, thanks for help, but i think its to complicated for me. Maybe i will try it in Future. For now im happy with integrated Best Lap Time Tables.
Index listing's is very simple with Apache, nothing complicated

I've attached a .htaccess file zipped up. Unzip it and upload it to the directory on your web host that you want to list the files in, so if you have your files in say; mywebhost.com/results/ put the .htaccess file in your 'results' dir in your FTP account.

Just open the file in wordpad (or a better text editor, notepad will probably throw a fit) if you're curious, but you'll see it's a single line, with the info that Dustin posted above.

HTH

Regards,

Ian
Attached files
htaccess_index_listing.zip - 132 B - 158 views

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG