The online racing simulator
A Small Competition
(45 posts, started )
A Small Competition
Hi All,

As you know, I am attending the MPH Motor show next week. Now as this the FIRST major promotion event for LFS in the UK, I would like LFS to appear the best looking it can in this short space of time.

So what this Comp about. Well what I need it car skins designed for any car, so that i can take them ( there is a slim chance they will appear on Top Gear ).

I am afriad there is no prize, its just hopefully the community supporting the promotion of LFS.

There is 2 rules.

They need to be clean
They need to have no Logo's on them ( what i mean by this is logos that are not registered with LFS Team, i.e. Car Manufacturers, postel service, brake pads, ( DHL, Michelin, Brembo, you get the Idea )

An example is well, my Teams Skin. We have Logo's on them, but have the permission from the company owners, Sparkeydave ( J10 ) and BBO ( Computer-Trio )

So basically, here is your little chance to help LFS that little bit more, if you want to.

Also, what might be nice is, if somebody could create a MPH 05 skin with the LFS Logo on it?

Thanks for you help

Regards

Fordie
Attached images
FXO_777.jpg
What if someone made a Top Gear skin? For the FZ50 maybe or the GTRs?
as I said above, just as long as its clean, and has no "unofficial" logos on it, design at your will
Quote from Fordman :( there is a slim chance they will appear on Top Gear ).

woot! Where can I find some more info on this MPH Comp? I've never heard of it.
If we make a MPH'05 skin, would it be fair to include the logos of the MPH'05 sponsors, ie. Shell Optimax, Sunday Times, Virgin Radio, Sony erricson etc. In fact anyone listed on this page http://www.mphshow.co.uk/meet-partners.html
Quote from colcob :If we make a MPH'05 skin, would it be fair to include the logos of the MPH'05 sponsors, ie. Shell Optimax, Sunday Times, Virgin Radio, Sony erricson etc. In fact anyone listed on this page http://www.mphshow.co.uk/meet-partners.html

Thats a good one. I think I will have to pass this to Vic for confirmation.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from colcob :If we make a MPH'05 skin, would it be fair to include the logos of the MPH'05 sponsors, ie. Shell Optimax, Sunday Times, Virgin Radio, Sony erricson etc. In fact anyone listed on this page http://www.mphshow.co.uk/meet-partners.html

The fact that these companies sponsor MPH doesn't mean that everyone who will attend it can also use all the sponsor logos at will.
Even though it sounds logical that sponsors would like to see their names everywhere on the show, I'd refrain from using them on any MPH skin.
#10 - JJ72
You need the skin for every single car? I won't sleep until I've do them all FFS. (okay start working after the Eng vs Arg game )
Quote from JJ72 :You need the skin for every single car? I won't sleep until I've do them all FFS. (okay start working after the Eng vs Arg game )

Not every car But feel free
Quote from Victor :The fact that these companies sponsor MPH doesn't mean that everyone who will attend it can also use all the sponsor logos at will.
Even though it sounds logical that sponsors would like to see their names everywhere on the show, I'd refrain from using them on any MPH skin.

After all it may be interpreted that the sponsor is sponsoring LFS, even if it is sponsoring the show. Same with the team skins. It may be interpreted that they are sponsoring the development of LFS even though they are teams' sponsors. Like AMD sponsor Ferrari, no F1.
My contribution

The photo on the roof is of my cat and I have it in high res if anybody wants it, makes a great desktop
Attached images
uf1_cat_pic.jpg
UF1_cat.jpg
#14 - axus
FZR EDO-Competition Inspired
EDO Competition
The Porsche 996 GT2 R on the main page there held the Nurburgring production car record for some time at 7:15. This is a skin for the FZR that is inspired by it but does not look quite like it, especially from the back. Its my first skin so the skin file looks really messy. I didn't put in the red between the yellow and the black either but I still like it in the preview pics...

EDIT: A while back, I wanted to start my own team. That fell through. Someone kindly made us a great XF GTR skin. I changed the colours to yellow and black and removed the logos, so this one isn't all mine, but because I can't remember who made the skin I can't give proper credit... Here is the modified skin, much neater because I didn't design it.
Attached images
FZR_edo.jpg
edo1.JPG
edo2.JPG
edo3.JPG
XFR_yellow+black.jpg
xfr1.JPG
xfr2.JPG
xfr3.JPG
From amateur skinner...thats me
(nolow financing, wich is in both skins is fictive brand I made)
Attached images
preview.jpg
FZR_takai.jpg
preview2.jpg
FXR_black5f.jpg
#16 - axus
Amateur? Yeah right... and I thought I'd done a decent job... Guys, feel free to add any logos you would like to my skins - I posted them plain. I thought that was the requirement and I'm waaay too lazy to change them now. BTW the EDO skin looks very good on the move.
Real trademarks were nono
#18 - axus
Quote from Blackout :Real trademarks were nono

Oh, I see. Well The FZR skin fits nicely on the FZ5 too, just needs some small mods on the side and from the top. With some logos I think it could look even better, but not tonight - maybe some other time... If anyone feels like it, go ahead and throw LFS logos on there
Some excellent work so far guys, thankyou you all. You have until Friday Night to produce them ( I am leaving Saturday )

Lets say, 9pm GMT Friday night, this way it gives me time to get everything together on ones USB Key

Thanks again for all your support

Regards

Fordie
Here's one for the FOX I threw together last night.

First post on these boards. Hello
Attached images
FOX_Redexx.jpg
Quote from BlueLine :Here's one for the FOX I threw together last night.

First post on these boards. Hello

Excellent thankyou, and welcome to LFS Forums
#22 - axus
Fordman, i'm continuing work on that FZR skin. Any suggestions/ideas for making it better?
Quote from axus :Fordman, i'm continuing work on that FZR skin. Any suggestions/ideas for making it better?

Make the yellow darker, it's far to bright atm.
Fordman please check your LFS Message center....I dropped you a line there.
Quote from AtomAnt :Fordman please check your LFS Message center....I dropped you a line there.

Replied

A Small Competition
(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG