The online racing simulator
Compile PHP scripts into EXE files
I am planning on releasing an InSim applicaton, and I don't wanna code it in VB.

Is there anyway of compiling a PHP Script (must be PHP5) to an executable? I have found software that converts PHP4.4.4 to an Executable, but not PHP5
#2 - filur
Ditching cross-platform support, great idea. :doh:

If you want to hide your source, go for something like this instead.
if you're using WINE to run the server, you can use WINE for the insim app to.
Right so you want to create something that works on a number of platforms, turn it into something that only works on one and then recommend your users use a compatibility layer for said script, on a platform that was already supported? Mad..

You may find the bcompiler extension / module to PHP useful (does the same as ioncube's product, and more - including creating executable files [although it can be a pita from what I understand]). It is experimental though.
http://uk2.php.net/manual/en/ref.bcompiler.php

A simplified version is available here:
http://www.swiftlytilting.com/category/phc-win/
I just thought it would be easier for people that don't know what they are doing as such.

Without even having to install PHP on their system or anything like that.

I will just code it in PHP and release it open source.
Wow... the guy just asked a question, he didn't asked to be bashed/flamed/etc.

Krammeh, I'd try the suggested phc-win compiler and see what results you get on something small of course first. Can't really stand PHP myself, but I think its a great idea to provide an exe for ease of use plus the source (personally I think all LFS utilities should be released as GPL) if someone wants to run it in as just PHP scripts.
Quote from Hollywood :Wow... the guy just asked a question, he didn't asked to be bashed/flamed/etc.

There was no bashing or flaming. There was an off-the-cuff opinion and it was followed up by a recommendation of a solution. If you think that's flaming then you're clearly in need of visiting a few other forums.

Quote from Hollywood :Can't really stand PHP myself

Sorry? Is this is a flame? Or an off-the-cuff opinion. By your definition it's somewhat unclear.
Play nice guys, play nice.

Thanks for the suggestions filur, and angel.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG