The online racing simulator
#1 - richy
remove all mid race restarts?
just wondering what the general population of the ctra servers thought about removing of all mid race restarts?

several times I have been racing and wasnt part of the accident in t1 but the guys all click restart and then my points are lost, or my stats are affected.

I would much rather see it as, every single racer or no restarts at all.

What do you say?
+1 for no restarts at all

the races aren´t too long, you can wait! but i must say this
has not happend on the race2/3 servers any time i was on.
I've tried blocking restart votes before and it caused problems when players wanted to restart.
I'm in favour of removing Vote Restart too. Players who want to restart will soon learn to drive safely if they're not allowed to do so, don't you think?

Sam
#5 - FL!P
The only times I've seen voting to restart were in the rare occasions when the track just changed and the race started while only one or two people were ready.
#6 - SamH
I'd very much like it if, after a Race END, the server starts off with 2 or 3 minutes practice. It would give everyone time to pick a car and setup for the new track. Then, the software could set laps and restart. I can't remember why Becky said no, now, but I think there's a reason why this can't happen.
Because it would have delayed release as it's not a simple case of just setting qualify on, a load of data tracking and packet processing has to be turned off. Phase 2 will have it.
I've never seen a restart, even when CTRA had four drivers in the race and they all noobed it at T1.
That's right Kevin, we hold 500 races a day and not once has anyone managed to get through the first turn. :P
I think sam has a great idea there with the 2-3 min practise session... because the first race after a race end is always.. well.. lets say a mess, because people dont have the right set and feul ect..

I know that this can be done from the setup screen... but it gives drivers more time.

Nice thinking samo!
#11 - SamH
Becky's reminded me why we didn't implement it.. we wanted to get Phase 1 launched, and that function would have delayed it. Good enough reason, as far as I'm concerned! So it's coming in Phase 2
I have to say, you're pretty fast on the track for a crusty Sam
#13 - SamH
After tonight's performance? pfftt! LOL! I'm so out of practice in single seaters, it's barely even funny! I felt quite embarassed!

I'm going to be racing more, I think. It's just sinking in, now, that I can race on the server without having to admin it. This makes a huge difference to me! I can be just another racer.. I can be reported (and would be dealt with) just like anyone else, and I can raise reports for admins to process, just as everyone else can. I feel.. "normal"? I dunno, but it feels good
Quote from SamH :I feel.. "normal"?

One step at a time, Sam. You're making good progress, like the doc said, but you're not ready to come off the meds yet. Remember those poor garden centre employees in Halifax? They didn't deserve that, Sam. Nobody deserves that.
#15 - SamH
Hey, that bloke in perennials had it coming!
Flowerboys, bah, can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.
Quote from SamH :Hey, that bloke in perennials had it coming!

Tip: Next time you find yourself shouting "Fertiliser? I've got your fertiliser right here!", take a deep breath and count to ten.
yeah +1 for the qualifying / practice time just after a race end and track change! Im looking forward to phase 2

I guess the restart thing is difficult, and I guess after thinking about it I would rather be able to restart than not at all, since when the servers are quiet it would be nice to just have fun with friends.
Quote from SamH :After tonight's performance? pfftt! LOL! I'm so out of practice in single seaters, it's barely even funny! I felt quite embarassed!

I'm going to be racing more, I think. It's just sinking in, now, that I can race on the server without having to admin it. This makes a huge difference to me! I can be just another racer.. I can be reported (and would be dealt with) just like anyone else, and I can raise reports for admins to process, just as everyone else can. I feel.. "normal"? I dunno, but it feels good

:ices_rofl Getting cold turkey Sam ??? :uglyhamme
Quote from SamH :After tonight's performance? pfftt! LOL! I'm so out of practice in single seaters, it's barely even funny! I felt quite embarassed!

You "Just" learned that SAM! Chris and I have been doing that for months! =P
#21 - SamH
Quote from Viper93 :You "Just" learned that SAM! Chris and I have been doing that for months! =P

LOL! It's only now that I'm winding down on coding the CTRA admin site. It's like a black hole...
I'd like to see the restarts kept. maybe its becasue I seem to be in a lot of accidents. restarts levels out the playing field for the newbies and the slower cars. the leaders in a race where there was a crash just run away with the lead time and time again with little hope for us backrunners to make up hte time.
I've had this (very annoying) Restarts problem too.

If there's multiple racers in the pack, and half or more vote to restart, then that's fine - usually it's because of the carnage(!) in turns 1 or 2.

However. When it's one-on-one, and the other person (who may well be faster than you) gets it wrong somewhere, you go past, and before you know it, the race restarts. I especially hate it when they restart when you're in the last corner on the last lap!

That's unfair.

Why not leave it. I could get careless and crash off too. Actually, I've done that, usually into the gravel and can't get back out, so have to Pit, lose my laps, and the person who crashed first wins (when they haven't restarted that is).

I'd like to see that with one on one races that no restarts are possible.
To be honest, I've never ever seen this happen on a CTRA server. I've mostly raced on Race1 and a few times on SS1, so maybe it's on one of the higher tier servers? Sure, people vote to restart when they've had a bad start or got involved in a wreck, but never enough to actually make the race restart. So I'm wondering... what servers are you racing on?
Quote from obsolum :To be honest, I've never ever seen this happen on a CTRA server.

Me neither, and i spend more time than most on them. I've certainly never seen it on the SS servers.

You never get more than 1 or 2 votes for a restart when I've been on.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG