The online racing simulator
#1 - Bean0
Out of Fuel/Being Pushed
Just wondering what the stance was on this.

IMO it is affecting the outcome of the race and shouldn't be allowed.

Edit: Pretty sure this came up before X-System, can't find the thread though.
If someone is prepared to give someone else a push then there's nothing wrong with that IMO, as long as it doesn't interfere with the rest of the race of course, ie. blocking the racing line for the racers that have yet to cross the finish line. I can understand it not being allowed in league races but on a public server... why not? They won't score any points most of the time anyway.
#3 - Bean0
But what if someone on the lead lap was pushed by someone who midrace joined, and did receive points ?
#4 - ajp71
A difficult issue because it does interupt the race results. I'm not sure technically whether one can get out and push your car across the line IRL, although there are lots of times where people have been allowed to do it following it and one time I saw when someone jumped over the pitwall to help push, I'm fairly sure that breaks a few health and safety rules and the insurance company wouldn't be too happy to hear about that one
This is a potential hazard and shows blatant disregard for others on the server. If executed in a safe manner it's not a problem, but consider how far the car needs to be pushed to reach the finish line and it may be the case that wanton disregard for other drivers is in effect.

If either car causes problems for somebody else, and that someone else reports them, then odds are penalties will follow.

It is possible to do this safely and responsibly, but if I said it was allowed or dont give proper guidelines on such a huge grey area then problems would follow, so my official position is that it is not allowed - and if problems occur as a result of doing this then you can expect penalties.
#6 - Dru
if you mis judge the fuel then its your tuff luck in my opinion...

it's part of racing.

i think that in real life that you can has to be running at the finish (ie under it's own power)

i would say if you see a push report it and take it from there?
in my eyes: pushing someone over the line or lets say,
push him down the last straight is a part of the lfs-community
i really like...

not that its worth it, but sometimes a driver just want to
finish, after he did a great race, nevermind the result.

so if noone else is handicapped because of this, i see no reason
not to do it.

it´s not always about points and fame
All valid points really. I think it very much depends on the situation. Personally, it doesn't bother me at all as long as it doesn't cause a hazard.

If in doubt, report and let the judge decide ^^
Quote from Becky Rose :This is a potential hazard and shows blatant disregard for others on the server. If executed in a safe manner it's not a problem, but consider how far the car needs to be pushed to reach the finish line and it may be the case that wanton disregard for other drivers is in effect.

If either car causes problems for somebody else, and that someone else reports them, then odds are penalties will follow.

It is possible to do this safely and responsibly, but if I said it was allowed or dont give proper guidelines on such a huge grey area then problems would follow, so my official position is that it is not allowed - and if problems occur as a result of doing this then you can expect penalties.

IIRC I was almost DSq'ed from an STCC race for doing this during a heat race =P
That's a very different situation though, STCC is designed for broadcast and that's a bit rediculous - which is why we consider running out of fuel on the return to parc ferme to be a car finishing under weight. It's a bit of a grey area at the moment though, we're having much clearer rules next season . It's bye the bye here though as on CTRA racing there's currently no broadcast outside of the STCC.
Just limp back to the pits using your starter motor, I always do
#12 - Dru
a stationary car on the track is dangerous and from what i can tell has always been schuned apon, although i can not find out where that is written.

I seem to remember that people who used to either leave there car on the grid or on the track somewhere could get into trouble in the old system - surely that is the same here?

also won't the person who gives the push also get a yellow flag count?

Just my 2 cents..
Quote from The General Lee :Just limp back to the pits using your starter motor, I always do

It doesn't work well at Blackwood in the XFG though. Real tough to make it up that hill. I made it to about 50 meters from the pitboxes and the car just wouldn't go any further, hehehe.

Always remember to reset your autoclutch back on for the next race if you are not a G25 user . I sat the next race on the grid with my car revving like crazy and going nowhere, LOL. I couldn't even remember what key the clutch was to get going and switch on the fly.
I use the clutch anyways

Worked alright for me in the FOX at Aston Grand Touring reverse, when I had the whole track to go around

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG