The online racing simulator
Announcing the Logitech G25 Shift Light Indicator (Now Shipping!)
CXC Simulations, producer of full motion simulators for professional racing teams and drivers, now brings F1-level technology to the world of racing gaming.

Designed as an in-wheel display for the Logitech G25 steering wheel, the G25 ShiftLightIndicator adds a Formula 1 style LED RPM and Gear Indicator array mounted inside the wheel to be an integral part and turn with it like those on professional race cars. Made of 3K high-gloss carbon fiber twill, the G25 SLI weighs just 100 grams to insure virtually no force feedback performance loss. Compatible with all top computer racing simulation software (yes, that means LFS too ).

The unit is “plug and play,” easy to install and comes with a six-foot USB extension cable, graphical Quick-Start Guide (English, French, German and Spanish) and installation tool.

What’s in the Box:

G25 SLI
6ft USB Extension Cable
Graphical Quick-Start Guide (English, French, German and Spanish)
4mm Hex Wrench
Zip Ties and Anchors
Driver CD

NOW $119.99 + Shipping (Limited-time Launch pricing)

Available NOW at:

All Locations - CXC Simulations

Europe - Netracing Europe

(We are currently seeking international dealers. All interested parties please email us via our contact info on our website)

Chris Considine
CXC Simulations
www.cxcsimulations.com

*Logitech G25 Steering wheel sold separately. Logitech is the registered trademark of Logitech, Inc.
**Check our website for the ever expanding list of compatible games
Attached images
G25_SLI_1_1024_black.jpg
G25_SLI_2_1024_black.jpg
G25_SLI_Assembly.jpg
Attached files
G25_SLI.pdf - 221 KB - 658 views
#2 - Gunn
$120? You must be out of your mind.
Quote from Gunn :$120? You must be out of your mind.

he is right thats so expensive for something that changes numbers makes pretty colors and connects to your pc
Looks cool, but I have to agree with the others - it's far too expensive for what it does. This thing alone costing more than other force feedback wheels is simply unrealistic.
yes, but in perspective, that is only about 1/3 of a G25. It's all relative, people who buy G25's, are less likely to be cheap.
#6 - Jakg
Quote from CXC_Simulations :CXC Simulations, producer of full motion simulators for professional racing teams and drivers, now brings F1-level technology to the world of racing gaming.

Designed as an in-wheel display for the Logitech G25 steering wheel, the G25 ShiftLightIndicator adds a Formula 1 style LED RPM and Gear Indicator array mounted inside the wheel to be an integral part and turn with it like those on professional race cars. Made of 3K high-gloss carbon fiber twill, the G25 SLI weighs just 100 grams to insure virtually no force feedback performance loss. Compatible with all top computer racing simulation software (yes, that means LFS too ).

The unit is “plug and play,” easy to install and comes with a six-foot USB extension cable, graphical Quick-Start Guide (English, French, German and Spanish) and installation tool.

What’s in the Box:

G25 SLI
6ft USB Extension Cable
4mm Hex Wrench
Zip Ties and Anchors
Driver CD

NOW £61 ($119.99) + Shipping (Limited-time Launch pricing)

Available NOW at:

All Locations - CXC Simulations

Europe - Netracing Europe

(We are currently seeking international dealers. All interested parties please email us via our contact info on our website)

Chris Considine
CXC Simulations
www.cxcsimulations.com

*Logitech G25 Steering wheel sold separately. Logitech is the registered trademark of Logitech, Inc.
**Check our website for the ever expanding list of compatible games

Haven't you already made a thread on this on another account...?

Love the product, but £63 is steep seeing as for 1/3 more i could get a 3rd monitor or buy a TrackIR
£60. Wow, I've gotta agree with Gunn there.

Bit much isn't it?
I like the look of this and i would'nt mind buying one. One question, when i take the wheel off to fit the plate, will this void the waranty?
it surely looks nice, but i've made a rev light myself which had the exact same functionality and only costs 5 euro's

btw, didn't know that your rev light, which was made by todd cannon, also supported lfs
#10 - CSU1
Quote from CXC_Simulations :
What’s in the Box:

G25 SLI
6ft USB Extension Cable
4mm Hex Wrench
Zip Ties and Anchors
Driver CD

NOW $119.99 + Shipping (Limited-time Launch pricing)

ROFL!, you lot are out of your minds...I wouldnt pay anything more than $30 for something as simple and tatty as this.

get the boat!

edit: I could by a second hand PSP and use it as a display for a whole lot more than what that yoke does....so could anyone....for even cheaper than that!
Maybe he and his friend are in need of LFS licences. Problem solved by building and selling one high-tech machine like this.
Half the price, I'll buy one right now.
Well, in our defense, component costs are very high. The carbon fiber in particular (world shortages thanks in large part to Boeing and Airbus). Comparing this hand made, low volume product to something like the TrackIR pro just fair I think. While admittedly I don't know exact numbers, I would venture to guess TrackIR's are made in batches of 1000 offshore. This can greatly affect prices.

Besides, when comparing it to other products like a $1700 force feedback wheels and $900 pedal sets, I thought $119.99 was pretty reasonable I suppose it's relative really. Rest assured though, the margins on this product are extremely low.

Quote from Nathan_French_14 :I like the look of this and i would'nt mind buying one. One question, when i take the wheel off to fit the plate, will this void the waranty?

Yes, it is my understanding that by dismantling your G25, you void the warranty. Details of course would have to be provided by Logitech themselves.

Chris Considine
CXC Simulations
With that price I'd expect you to be able to buy some real ads instead of using public discussion boards as free advertising space... :bewarespa

Or if this was approved by the devs/moderators then sorry
Hmm. I don't think I'd want to be running it on a large rotational range. It blocks the top of the wheel, and I imagine the cord would wear out pretty quickly / get caught in the paddle shifters.
I cant be arsed to look at my wheel, but does the shift light unit stay at the "12 o clock" position or does or rotate with the wheel?
Quote from Kegetys :With that price I'd expect you to be able to buy some real ads instead of using public discussion boards as free advertising space...

I was under the impression that this was the apropriate area to post something like this: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=23383 ? If not, my apologies.

Quote from thisnameistaken :Hmm. I don't think I'd want to be running it on a large rotational range. It blocks the top of the wheel, and I imagine the cord would wear out pretty quickly / get caught in the paddle shifters.

This was one of our main concerns during the design phase. We agonized over wire type, coil size, length, placement and many other factors to get the exact combination needed. After weeks of testing, I can confidently say that this solution works perfectly. If installed as the manual dictates (quite simple to do), the wire should never interfere shift paddles or stretch to the point of impeding rotation.

We did consider having the wire go down the length of the shaft, but it was decided that the extra complication of installation (doing so would require further disassembly, drilling and delicate wiring techniques) was not in-line with our goals of a simple-to-install product. This was principal in our concept. That's why we even included the only tool needed

Quote from The General Lee :I cant be arsed to look at my wheel, but does the shift light unit stay at the "12 o clock" position or does or rotate with the wheel?

The guage shift light rotates with the wheel as with most formula cars.
Quote from The General Lee :I cant be arsed to look at my wheel, but does the shift light unit stay at the "12 o clock" position or does or rotate with the wheel?

i think it will go with the wheel, because it is attached to the hub of the wheel

Edit : too late
Any chance of a reduction, then I might just buy...
I personally would make a slit in my desk (if I were to buy one) and not have it go right on my G25.
Quote from CXC_Simulations :This was one of our main concerns during the design phase. We agonized over wire type, coil size, length, placement and many other factors to get the exact combination needed. After weeks of testing, I can confidently say that this solution works perfectly. If installed as the manual dictates (quite simple to do), the wire should never interfere shift paddles or stretch to the point of impeding rotation.

Hmm... Well I'll take your word for it, but it looks ropey at best, and not entirely reliable.

I understand why you didn't do it internally, but I wouldn't want a set-up like that on my wheel. That and the fact that I wouldn't be able to grip the top of the wheel because your display is in the way.

I also think the carbon fibre plate - while attractive - seems pretty unnecessary. You should offer a stainless steel alternative for less-silly-money. Perhaps one that fits more snugly to the wheel hub so it doesn't stop the driver grabbing the top of the wheel.
I honestly have never looked at my wheel when racing. Everything happens too quickly and there is no time to look down at the wheel then back up at the screen. If I do that, my race is probably over. Besides, all games have rpm and speed gauges, so what's the point of buying a $120 accessory which doesn't give my any new information? I suppoes some die hard fanatics might want this cause it looks like a real race car gauge...but it's not for the casual racer.
Quote from CXC_Simulations :
Besides, when comparing it to other products like a $1700 force feedback wheels and $900 pedal sets, I thought $119.99 was pretty reasonable I suppose it's relative really. Rest assured though, the margins on this product are extremely low.

Compared to $2600 of kit, $120 is comparatively cheap but it is designed for a £150($300) wheel, which makes it nearly half the cost (not to mention the shipping which you need to sign up to the site to be able to see) making it pretty pricey.

I understand most of the cost goes to making it light so it can be mounted on the wheel, and also to a smaller extent the materials involved in making the cable for the same reasons. While a moving display is practical on a single seater formula wheel that rarely turns more than maybe 270 degrees (if ever?) it would seem more practical on a 720/900 degree wheel for it to be stationary mounted on the dash rather than the wheel itself. As shifting is very possible while the wheel is at 180 degrees it does seem a little impractical as you wouldn't be able to see the display at all at that angle.

From the images, it also looks to be quite easy to catch fingers on the carbon fibre, maybe even between that and the wheel, coupled with the dual strong feedback motors this has the potential to cause injury not to mention restricting movement due to the bulkiness.
that way too much too pay, especially after paying about $400 for the g25. Have you sold any yet? And if $120 is the intro price, whats going to be the normal price? $150? Plus i dont like the idea of an extra chord along with the 4 the g25 already has.
I don´t think it´s too much money for something like this.

A year ago I was thinking about buying an ECCI Trackstar for 1.600 Euro but I choose to buy a new (used) real-car engine for the money.

http://ecci6000.com/6000_wheel_01.htm

BTW I would like to have a shift indicator. Looks cooler imo.
Attached images
shift_ind6.jpg

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG