The online racing simulator
Issue uploading big spr hotlap replay file
Hi, I'm trying to upload a hotlap replay but LFSWORLD tells me that maybe I'm "uploading nothing".

The exact message is:

"HOTLAP UPLOAD ERROR

File error - nothing uploaded?"

The problem may be that the file is unusually big for a hotlap replay, it's 2 MB because I was doing a full race simulation at AS2 with the FOX, and did a total of 56 laps.

I have played the whole replay to check if it went OOS at any point, but it finished correctly and restarted when it was over.

The best lap was done in lap 47 after having pitted twice in prior laps. It was a valid HLVC.

Thinking the problem may be that firefox has a short time-out parameter, I also tried with IExplorer but got the exact same message.

Any ideas about this?

I have uploaded the spr compressed in a rar file (~600 KB) to rapidshare if anyone wants to have a look at it:
http://rapidshare.com/files/49 ... Zo_AS2_FOX_10078.rar.html

Thanks in advance
I don't know what the upper filesize limit is, but I'm sure there is one and that you would have exceeded it.
#3 - Jakg
iirc it's 2 MB...?

Last time Vic upped the limit, seems it wasn't by enough
Yep, the file is actually 2.056 KB.

It's odd that the current WR for that combo is "only" 638 KB when the best time was done in the 44th lap.

Considering that I did 56 laps and my file is 2 MB the WR file should be bigger. Anyway that old WR was done with version 0.5W and gets out of synch at about lap 22 when darkone pits, so I don't how many laps it actually contains. The difference in the filesize in comparison to the laps done may lay in new data stored in the spr file due to changes introduced with patch X.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG