The online racing simulator
Park Brake?
(38 posts, started )
Park Brake?
An actual locking park brake?

like Shift + . like the park brake for Flight Simulator X

neet stead of rolling while typing.
The Handbrake stays on if you're in Neutral.
Quote from Highsider9 :The Handbrake stays on if you're in Neutral.

The handbrake can stay on regardless of what gear you are in.
#4 - Jakg
Not in LFS it doesn't
#5 - Jakg
Quote from LFSn00b :lol, it does Jakg, don't try to know everything
It goes off when you accelerate in a gear though

What would i know with my copy of LFS doing it.
Attached files
UKCT..Jakg_AU1_LX6.spr - 9.4 KB - 188 views
Quote from Jakg :What would i know with my copy of LFS doing it.

Your replay just proves that me and Niko are correct, and you are wrong.
#7 - Jakg
Because after releasing the handbrake, the handbrake stays off?

I thought you were arguing that from ANY gear if you pull the handbrake the handbrake stays on till you give it some handbrake...?
Quote from Jakg :I thought you were arguing that from ANY gear if you pull the handbrake the handbrake stays on till you give it some handbrake...?

Then you misread my post...

I didn't say the handbrake always stays on, I said it CAN stay on, which implies that UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS.
#9 - Jakg
The OP meant the handbrake to stay on without holding it in - ie while typing - LFSn00b informed him this happens in Neutral (if your not moving) - While the handbrake will stay on in ANY gear, you do have to hold it down (although due to the unique way a G25 works, if you use the sequential you can sort of "lock" it in place).

I think you misread HIS post.
#10 - wark
With auto clutch on, the handbrake will stay on if you're not moving--which is to say, it will stay on if the clutch is in (at any speed).

It won't work if you have auto clutch off and you're not moving and not touching the clutch.
#11 - wark
Quote from wheel4hummer :Then you misread my post...

I didn't say the handbrake always stays on, I said it CAN stay on, which implies that UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS.

It can also equally not stay on regardless of what gear you are in, therefore your sentiment is pointless.
Quote from wark :therefore your sentiment is pointless.

And therefore I don't give a shit.
Yawn. Is there really nothing better to argue about?
Quote from Bob Smith :Yawn. Is there really nothing better to argue about?

Nope. There needs to be a demo user posting screenshots of a BF1... we need someone to flame.
The handbrake stays on regardless what gear you're in, but you have to be stationary to do that. So that you have to hold the handbrake until you're stationary and then when you let go of the handbrake button it stays on until you accelerate.
#16 - wark
Quote from Taavi(EST) :The handbrake stays on regardless what gear you're in, but you have to be stationary to do that. So that you have to hold the handbrake until you're stationary and then when you let go of the handbrake button it stays on until you accelerate.

If the clutch is in. This was posted before--use the search feature God gave ya! your eyes!
I loaded up LFS to be sure before posted to argue, but indeed they are right! If you put the handbrake on while stopped in any gear, the handbrake will stay on without holding the handbrake key until you move. This is with both auto clutch and with manual clutch as I just set up for manual clutch, stopped, and since the clutch automatically disengages when stopped, the handbrake will stay on without holding the key.

Attached replay is manual clutch, I shifted to 1st and stopped with the foot brake. I put the handbrake on via keyboard and did NOT hold down the key. Handbrake stayed on until I pressed the accelerator and moved.

It didn't use to be this way in previous patches.
Attached files
handbrake test.spr - 2.7 KB - 177 views
Thanks, just tested it, stays on when not moving also signified by a red light on the dash, Convenient.
#20 - wark
Quote from Markz :No it will stay engaged if the clutch is out..

Quote from mrodgers :I loaded up LFS to be sure before posted to argue, but indeed they are right! If you put the handbrake on while stopped in any gear, the handbrake will stay on without holding the handbrake key until you move. This is with both auto clutch and with manual clutch as I just set up for manual clutch, stopped, and since the clutch automatically disengages when stopped, the handbrake will stay on without holding the key.

Attached replay is manual clutch, I shifted to 1st and stopped with the foot brake. I put the handbrake on via keyboard and did NOT hold down the key. Handbrake stayed on until I pressed the accelerator and moved.

It didn't use to be this way in previous patches.

I can't duplicate this with manual clutch. The clutch and throttle are constantly blipping automatically at a standstill to keep from stalling. Handbrake goes off and the car will roll forward from the clutch rapidly reengaging. It's been like this for me since 2002...
#21 - wark
Okay, I checked this out again using different cars. Turns out it didn't work for me with the FZ5, FZR, FOX, FO8, MRT, XFR, or UFR (in any gear), but with every other car, it worked. Bizarre.
Plah plah plah.

But what is the deal with the handbrake in LFS anyway? It doesn't seem to work like it should when trying to do a handbrake turn, does it actually work like it should, locking the rear wheels or is there something else? I can recall some conversation where it was mentioned that it's somehow faked to prevent hacking it with inserting positive force instead negative and make the car go faster? Can anyone shed some light on this?
#23 - Jakg
iirc it's not adjustable because there was a "negative adjustment" hacked that sped the car up, and since then it's always been a little loose, but a dab of brakes makes it spring into action as it locks the wheels - the handbrake seems to be not strong enough to lock the wheels from speed instantly, but keeps 'em locked when it does
Quote from Jakg :iirc it's not adjustable because there was a "negative adjustment" hacked that sped the car up, and since then it's always been a little loose, but a dab of brakes makes it spring into action as it locks the wheels - the handbrake seems to be not strong enough to lock the wheels from speed instantly, but keeps 'em locked when it does

Jak you didn't TYPE 'this proves your wrong NIKO' you had it on a bind. You pre-assumed, you would be right, stab a pin into your head, and see how much it deflates plx
#25 - Jakg
No, i typed it, thus why the car just sits there doing nothing after the first turn...

Plus against Niko i'm usually right :P

Park Brake?
(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG