The online racing simulator
GT2 Lap Times
I dunno if anyone wants to give away industry secrets here, but I'm curious as to what sort of times the GT2 guys are getting in preparation for the test race this weekend?

In our GT2 XRR right now, with a bit of minimal setup work to convert a GT1 setup, we can do high 44s alone, low 44s with the draft.

Anyone else feel like sharing?
Someone give me a quick math check here.

GT1 could do Roughly 10 laps more than GT2 over the course of 2 hours @ KY2 (based off a GT2 1:44, GT1 1:3X. I'm very curious to see how:

Long it takes to navigate and lap the GT2 field.
Much it slows the GT1's lap times.
The GT2 Restrictions affects their pit strategies and fuel/tire wear.
Uhmm... we did a test run with the FXR and we drove high 1.48 at the beginning and after half an hour we did 1.48.2x - 1.48.0x without any problems... But 1.44's?? That's not possible with our set and we're not that slow . Are the differences between the cars really that big? Maybe some other FXR drivers may post their best times, that would help a lot I think.
You can run very, very low downforce with the GT2s. Keep that in mind. :]
how:

Long it takes to navigate and lap the GT2 field:
given a ~8-9sec per lap difference (let's call it 8 to be on the safe side...), it'd be roughly 12 laps to start lapping the GT2s (probably a little less since the slower GT2s will be, well, slower. In 10 lap test runs this week I was getting lapped by lap 9, but that was with some pretty sloppy driving on my part.

The calculation above is assuming a ~1:36 lap time for the GT1s, which might be much too conservative given the times I've seen Bawbag doing (1:34s).

The GT2 Restrictions affects their pit strategies and fuel/tire wear:
GT2 tire wear is much lighter and the tires are a lot harder to heat up, but this doesn't necessarily mean they'll last all that much longer (given my experience with LFS's tire model). The XRR GT2 gets about 1.4%/lap, while the XRR GT1 gets about 1.9%.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :You can run very, very low downforce with the GT2s. Keep that in mind. :]

Oh well... we run exactly 0/0 downforce
I think our gearbox still sucks, but I don't think that we can run 44's, even with a good gear setting.
i tested a GT2 FZR set and did 46's in about 10 laps. and that had 6/8 Downforce irrc
Sounds like i'm not that far off pace, all things concidered.

Not bad really for having all my time taken up by work and having no time to practice
I really thought our 44s/45s were way off the pace. Whew.
See, such pace differences are what we try to find out.

I don't think lapping should be that much of a problem on this track, afterall there are long straights here.
Yeah, in the mixed class test runs I did lapping went pretty smoothly. As predicted, the GT2's cornering speeds are as good as or faster than the GT1's, so all the GT1 has to do is wait for a straight and use its superior acceleration/top speed. Good stuff.
relation between FZR/XRR/FXR
I think that the power relation between the three cars isn't quite correct yet.

Some details:
FZR: Power: 219kw/294ps Total mass:1180kg Power-weight: 186W/kg
XRR: Power: 234kw/314ps Total mass:1130kg Power-weight: 207W/kg
FXR: Power: 222kw/298ps Total mass:1120kg Power-weight: 198W/kg

Times done on Ky2:
FZR: 1:46
XRR: 1:44
FXR: 1:47/48

In my opinion FZR and FXR need more power. What do you think?
I think the test race will probably tell us for sure. :]
After a few Laps I drove low 1:46 with the FZR. Maybe 1:45 is possible, too.

but
FZR and FXR need more Power like Glider allready told
I'll get it figured out after the session.

It may take a couple clicks one way or the other.

I'm not too worried about the FZR being a bit quicker, since it's a gas guzzler in the class.
Hihi, now the FZR drivers feel how it was to drive XRR without extra weights
Steffen, there wasn't a difference of over 1,5seconds I think.
Maybe one of the admins will decide during the quali that the balance isn't corret. Otherwise it doesn't make sense to use the FZR today
FYI:

Did a full stint run last night in the XRR GT2.

Started with 55% (safe amount for an hour) and the first laps were in the low 46 range. Quickly dropped to mid 45s and by the end of the run (lap 35 or so) I was doing 44.8s.
I think it will be quite interesting to see how long the GT2 class runs in longer races, because the fuel would go the full 2 hours by the seems on things in the XRR, but could somebody make the tyres?
Fuel would be right at 2 hours, yeah.

Tires... I dunno. You could definitely do much more than an hour, but two hours would really be stretching it.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG