all i can think of is.

a lever
a spring
a pot
wires

how do i plug it into the pc? through a gameport? i dont have one

any thoughts?
forcefeedback joystick
get an old joystick, wire youre handbrake to its circiut board and install it on the pc.

OT: I just thought, one could make a handbrake + clutch + h-shifter out of one 2 axis - 7 button joystick
Im also planning on making my own H shifters + handbrake maybe a clutch too , how would handbrake be wired in to the joystick board? Im guessing on the part of the circuit that has the y axis connected to it, and a clutch would be wired to the other axis if ur using the same circuit board. I know next to nothing about electronic components so the more help the better .
Quote from ACCAkut :get an old joystick, wire youre handbrake to its circiut board and install it on the pc.

OT: I just thought, one could make a handbrake + clutch + h-shifter out of one 2 axis - 7 button joystick

How???

can you draw pictures of the wiring diagrams?

how would you have a pot for the handbrake, a pot for the clutch and two pots for the shifter? with only two axis?
Quote from daveb948576 :How???

can you draw pictures of the wiring diagrams?

how would you have a pot for the handbrake, a pot for the clutch and two pots for the shifter? with only two axis?

You use the buttons for the shifter, not a potentiometer. Wire up external switches to the switches of the joystick and set them to the individual gears in the racing sim control options. The 2 available axis are used for the clutch and the handbrake.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG