The online racing simulator
Need for Speed as sim?
(31 posts, started )
Quote from Tweaker :thus they make their games easier and user-friendly so nobody gets frustrated and gives the game a bad word.

whatever happened to the good old days when frustration was the main motivation games were built upon ?
I still have NFS 5 : Porche unleashed. Anything before Underground was a good NFS game

Actually after a while of Need for Speed, I uninstalled it in favour of LFS
Quote from Shotglass :whatever happened to the good old days when frustration was the main motivation games were built upon ?

ROLF How many times I was tempted to throw my mouse through the window. Thanks god they weren't wireless at that time
Quote from Shotglass :whatever happened to the good old days when frustration was the main motivation games were built upon ?

Well that wasn't frustration, as the gamers back then wanted a challenge... All gamers today want are uber super-duper amazing graphics and very little story and low difficulty to cater for their short attention-span and their inability to comprehend the inner workings or even the manual of the game...
Quote from bbman :Well that wasn't frustration, as the gamers back then wanted a challenge... All gamers today want are uber super-duper amazing graphics and very little story and low difficulty to cater for their short attention-span and their inability to comprehend the inner workings or even the manual of the game...

well it was kind of frustrating to fall down at the exact same spot in pop for the 100th time in a row (i hate it how they watered this amazing game down) or to be eaten by a grue 10 times in a row ... but in a very motivational way "god damnit i _can_ do this !"

much like the way being a few seconds off a benchmark/wr time can be both frustrating and motivating

Need for Speed as sim?
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG