The online racing simulator
Hi all, need some tips..
(6 posts, started )
Hi all, need some tips..
I haven't played LFS for long, but i love the game allready, and i just bought me a license and a steering wheel
So i wonder if anyone here have some good tips to improve my driving? like giving the cars some modifying to get the most performance out off it? or maybe some good driving technics? anyway, i'll appricate everything =)
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Mahlzeit.....

It's always a good idea to pick up some replays at http://www.lfsworld.net/ and study the lines and techniques of the fast guys.....
Try to find some drivers that drive smooth....I think MacEST is always a fine choice

CU, Sebastian
Dont jerk the wheel on the more powerful cars, it will only make you lose control. Smoothness is the key.

Smooth and steady is generally faster than locking wheels and throwing the car everywhere.

Main thing, practice, get used to the cars and their capabilities. This takes a while, and im still learning them 2 months down the line, so be patient.
I'd recommend Bob Smiths 'Easy Race' setups rather than team inferno ones - they are much more forgiving for us newbies.

I think they're stickied in the "Car setups" forum on here.
#5 - herki
drive behind the easy AI (maybe give them a slower car than you have)... they normally use a quite safe racing line / breaking points

welcome 2 LFS
i can't agree entierly with herki i'd say it's better to race online with other people around you. just pick a quiet server and ask if anybody's got time for a noob, I've spent many a happy hour online helping a young 'un get to grips with the basics, it helps a lot to see you're tecnique online and see EXACTLY what you're doing wrong. lots of setups to be had too.

as long as you're not shunting peeps off the track, most of us will help you.

oh and don't get too excited about the faster cars either, wait 'till you're CONSISTANT with the GTi etc, THEN try racing the faster cars, the GTR's are Sooooo much fun but are pretty hairy 'ol things for a noob to handle.

above all, HAVE FUN

Hi all, need some tips..
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG