The online racing simulator
Remove All Chicanes
(103 posts, started )
#1 - Cargo
Remove All Chicanes
Before I make an Improvement Suggestion I thought I'd drag by the General mob.

Chicanes -- what are they good for?

Most real life tracks install or build-in chicanes in order to slow the cars down for safety.
We are virtual, there is zero safety to worry about. We should be going hella fast (and usually are).

There are several chicanes that are simple "cut here" markers. And servers have taken as many steps as possible to put in bumpers to stave people off from them. Is this is so, Remove the Chicane.

In general, if any Track is being reviewed for udpates from the devs, they should first look at any chicanes on that track and do all possible to remove them.

This is Live For Speed after all.

(just a thought, not a whine)
Quote from Cargo :Chicanes -- what are they good for?

Absolutely nothing, huh.

-1 btw...
Are you mad

Chicanes are part of racing, not just for safety. Turns slow us down too, should we remove them?
We have a Oval with no chicanes
Maybe you are hangry because you cant go fast on a chicane huh?, thats why I like chicanes, It's hard to go fast on some of them.

I would add more chicanes indeed. LFS has too many fast cornes in my opinion, I prefer slow corners where racers must show their braking skills

-1x10³³³

IMO chicanes are fun, just as corners are, and they're one of the most important parts of racing tracks so... no, I don't want them removed.
why don't we remove all tracks and make a 100000km straight so we can all race in max speed all the time?

seriously, i agree with niko.. removing chicanes wouldn't be an improvement at all

edit: damn slow typing... i agree with anyone else except post #1
The ones at Aston Club in the FOX are great. Unless you get the line perfect, you will lose time or you will crash. Great fun, have to be taken at full speed to be in any chance of not finishing last. My 2 (or 4?) fav corners in LFS
No, more turns the better, but there are some chicanes that are really not turns.
But whatever.

-1's ouch.

"Please allow me to die a gracefull uneventfull and unnoticed death" - This Topic
Keep the chicanes, but put giant car-eating alligators on the inside of the corners so that anyone who cuts gets eaten. Either that or reprofile the sillier corners, and/or improve the way damage works.
There are two which I think should be removed; the one leading onto the main straight at Aston, and the one at Westhill. Both are very strange and unrealistic sections imho.

All the rest should stay, though. IMHO of course.

Quote from MAGGOT :the one leading onto the main straight at Aston

Do you mean the first one after the hairpin?
Quote from MAGGOT :There are two which I think should be removed; the one leading onto the main straight at Aston, and the one at Westhill. Both are very strange and unrealistic sections imho.

Did you ever recognize that there is more Aston than As Nat?

Remove chicanes is hella lame.. cutting > going straight
I think the one coming down the hill from the big hairpin. I like that one though - you have to get the first turn just right or it will hurl you off on the second.
Quote from Crashgate3 :I think the one coming down the hill from the big hairpin. I like that one though - you have to get the first turn just right or it will hurl you off on the second.

Which track do you mean Sir?
I think there are too many ill conceived and poorly placed chicanes in LFS. I don't think they should all be removed, but I think you do have to question why they are there, and why would they be there "IRL".
FE Green is the chicane capital of Jamaica, and (probably) of the entire Carribean. Virtually every corner/section except the fast right half way round (best corner) has mutated into a chicane of some kind. I don't mind them, but I think there perhaps are too many which are there just for the sake of it - I mean, why on earth does BL1 have a chicane at the beginning of a long very fast straight?
Proper, simple corners and combinations can be just as challenging and easily as much fun as any chicane.
I'm sure not a single person wants all the tracks butchered. This will ruin everything, PB's, WR, Setups etc etc.
#20 - Jakg
Quote from The General Lee :Which track do you mean Sir?

AS Club, the complex after the 1st chicane which is flat out single file, or hairy with lifting side by side.
I love that corner, with the right people, you can easily fit 2 people through there aswell as the second one..in the FOX anyway
Quote from The General Lee :I'm sure not a single person wants all the tracks butchered. This will ruin everything, PB's, WR, Setups etc etc.

Hah come on, wouldn't want a track change or improvement because your precious pb wouldn't be relevant any more?
Lets remove the brake pedals, they slow us down and make it boring. Although to be honest I think half of LFS users already have that feature.
on as historic, the ver last corner, i think that sohujld be removed
I only really race one combo (shame, I sooo badly want to be good at more) and I am not really fussed if my PB gets deleted. But seems a lot of un needed effort just to remove some corners.

The only track I race is Aston Club in the FOX and I think that track is perfect. Especially the chicanes. The first one, like I said: You have to get it pretty much perfect, or you get flung into the wall, going backwards and losing alot of time. The second one, if you run wide you are on the grass and you have to try and keep it in a straight line, while keeping it on the power so you dont going flying across the track into the wall and or oncoming traffic.

Edit: Can't people see chopping the tracks up would be like giving a natrually beautiful woman plastic surgery. She may look better, but it is no where near as good as the original. The tracks are what make LFS, as well as everything else ofcourse, but lets not going chip chopping like a bad hairdresser...

Remove All Chicanes
(103 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG