The online racing simulator
Innocent man sentenced to death in Texas.
Kenneth Foster was sentenced to death for "being part of a murder plot" when he had absolutely no idea his friend, Mauriceo Brown, went to kill a man when he got out of Foster's car in 1996 to commit the murder. Brown was executed in 2006 for his crimes, and now Foster has been sentenced to death, his execution date being August 30th, 2007.

http://www.freekenneth.com/

edit: Yahoo news link is bad, will repost when i find the right one.
thats still the dumbest thing in the US.
they still do executions.
i havent had a deeper look into it but i guess as they already made a decision i think its pretty hard to get him (completely, not only the execution) out of this.
Any government, not just the US, which still practises murder as punishment - regardless of guilt - deserves nothing but contempt. In some cases it may well be up to individual states/provinces in some countries to decide whether to strap prisoners down and electrocute, gas or poison them, but that's a giant cop-out on the part of the federal government of that country.

It's 2007! High time some people stepped out of the ****ing dark ages.
Lots of innocent people get sentenced to death over there, it's tradition.

It does look weird to those of us who live in more advanced nations, though.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Lots of innocent people get sentenced to death over there, it's tradition.

It does look weird to those of us who live in more advanced nations, though.

I agree the death penalty should be banned.
But please, try to refrain from flame attracting remarks like 'more advanced nations'. They really do no good at all.
I am against death penalty as I consider that it is a too much easy way out for a governement from its responsabilities! I mean it raises its citizens or accepts those that enter its country and thus is responsible if one of them turn bad.

But is it really worst than being lock up for the rest of your life? I'd rather be kill quickly!
Quote from h3adbang3r : now Foster has been sentenced to death, his execution date being August 30th, 2007.

lmao OWNED !!
Quote from theirishnoob :lmao OWNED !!

If the police came to your house right now, and told you you were going to be executed for a crime you didn't commit... I'm sure you'd turn around and say "well, lmao... I'm OWNED!!" with a big smile on your face... Seek help.
His brain was removed as a child, and replaced with a paper-clip. He can, therefore, only offer inane suggestions to any conversation, mostly about writing letters.
As a reward for this outstanding display of humanity he can nibble on a 5 day 5 point infraction (he can't post or anything).

Hmm, 5 days feels too short actually ...
Quote from Victor :As a reward for this outstanding display of humanity he can nibble on a 5 day 5 point infraction (he can't post or anything).

You know, "days" is a common typo of "eternities"... the letters are actually quite close to each other.
#18 - Jakg
Quote from Victor :As a reward for this outstanding display of humanity he can nibble on a 5 day 5 point infraction (he can't post or anything).

lmao OWNED !!

Please don't ban me!

On topic - Without turning this into a flame war, i REALLY think America need to re-assess the Death Penalty - it doesn't seem to work as a deterrant, and i do worry if it just stops them needing a bed free for the prisoners life.
Quote from Hankstar :It's 2007! High time some people stepped out of the ****ing dark ages.

well i suppose its largely a matter of not being able to or at least not wanting to provide for them for the rest of their lifes
if were brutally honest ... a coffin and a hole in the ground are rather cheap compared to food for the next 50 years

now televised executions as a mass spectacle (saddam) thats truely sick
Quote from Shotglass :now televised executions as a mass spectacle (saddam) thats truely sick

It was required to show the Iraqi population that it actually happened, as with the public showing on TV of the bodies of his sons.
Quote from Jakg :lmao OWNED !!

Please don't ban me!

On topic - Without turning this into a flame war, i REALLY think America need to re-assess the Death Penalty - it doesn't seem to work as a deterrant, and i do worry if it just stops them needing a bed free for the prisoners life.

I don't know if it is the same as here in france (well report I saw on TV made me beleive that it is the case) but to make their leaving bearable prisoners need money and therefore they have to work. Those jobs are nothing but full exploitation and I'm pretty sure that their work is more than enough to cover the cost of their leaving for the society.

A less hardcore version of the laojiao!
Quote from Hankstar :Any government, not just the US, which still practises murder as punishment - regardless of guilt - deserves nothing but contempt.

Name a government who doesn't practice murder as punishment.
#24 - Jakg
Erm, England?
Quote from Jakg :Erm, England?

Wrong. England has a military, doesn't it?

Innocent man sentenced to death in Texas.
(273 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG