The online racing simulator
Why NOT? make a standalone version for Mac OS X?
how difficult would it be to reprogram lsf to work under os x? i really dont want to install xp or even vista on my macbook pro but love the game
#2 - Jakg
...because it would take almost as long as LFS has, the userbase would be small and the fact lots of Mac users could just use Windows?
ok i see, if it will have to be started from scratch then fair enough, im not very familiar with game coding etc but windows!!! after using it for over ten years and now moving to mac, i finally see why i was so misarable all these years, windows sucks however u put it, so i really dont wanna bug my mac with that gate's crap thanx for reaply anyways
Oh, Jakg, you forgot to mention how useless macs are, and how you could get a better computer for less, and how its a waste of money.
useless? explain now! how can windows be any more usefull? just coz u cant play as many games? well, im not a game freak anyways but this sim i like a lot (lfs), so dont chat shit abouts macs, this is my first one and so far im loving it, if u think its useless then u never owned one haha and u drive an almera, with that in mind i dont think u should have a voice
#6 - Jakg
Quote from superSER :useless? explain now! how can windows be any more usefull? just coz u cant play as many games? well, im not a game freak anyways but this sim i like a lot (lfs), so dont chat shit abouts macs, this is my first one and so far im loving it, if u think its useless then u never owned one

He loves Macs to bits, he was just using the line i use on him whenever he brings up PC's in TeamSpeak.

The OS is great, but paying over a grand and getting a laptop CPU and an x1600 Mobility is _NOT_ my idea of value
That's one of the reasons I won't buy a Mac. One of my mates can't stop talking about how great his Mac is, and that everyone should spend €1500 to get a rubbish pc to make nice DVD's. Macs are too expensive regarding the hardware inside them.
yes i agree its not the best value for money but compare to windows works great and so far i havent come across a single problem, hence im loving it, its easy to use too, i tested on my mom and dad and even young brother, they all got to grips with it from day one whereas windows, well a different story and hey i dont mean no insults, i have used windows for ages myself and windows on my pc works pretty well but thats only because i had to spend ages tweaking it, still not very user friendly, especially since vista came out, Billy did something to XP that everyone i know started having problems and im not going to mention all them viruses and spyware.... ooops i think i already mentioned it
Quote from Jakg :He loves Macs to bits, he was just using the line i use on him whenever he brings up PC's in TeamSpeak.

next time you express the thought that macs arent pcs ill punch you in the face

on the original question ... lfs is firmly established as a directx game making is nigh on impossible to port without starting from scratch
#10 - Jakg
Quote from Shotglass :next time you express the thought that macs arent pcs ill punch you in the face

Oh crap, one thing i hate is people saying "Mac vs PC" as while Mac is better than Windows, nothing runs on it, and while the same applies to Linux, Linux is a bit better than Mac.

What is it with me and falling into the ways of those i hate. I'm a bloody hypocrite
haha geeman1 nice site u put together, u seem such a hater is that coz u cannot afford a mac? all those problems u listed,,, i havent come across a single one and my original question was completely different, i did not start that thread to compare pc's vs mac's, even thou mac is also a pc ( and i will say it again, just to pee u off, ITS A BETTER PC) since it gives me trouble free time, it does all i want it to do and more and well if u were a bit smarter u'd realise that most industry is ran on macs, again for that one reason, IT WORKS!!!! u go buy a brand new windows, install it and go online, lets see how long u survive, since i got me mac i havent once turned on my firewall lol u seem well angry, makes me wonder WHY??
It's not my site and I am not angry. It's just funny how truthful that site is
Quote from superSER :and well if u were a bit smarter u'd realise that most industry is ran on macs

if you were half as smart as you claim to be youd know that this is utter rubbish that most companies run on windows and that apple only has a small professional userbase in the publishing and art world (basically everywhere where adobe has the de facto monopoly on applications)
well it might come to ur surprise but whatever problems are listed there, i havent come across any of those, quicktime works fine, so does itunes, my sis connected her ipod and even that seems to work fine, personally i hate itunes 2 but well it works, i dunno whats the dealio with all u haters lol, wake up or something or try owning a mac, b4 i got one i thought i could never own one either but now i love it and its not because of adverts or whatever
#16 - Jakg
Quote from superSER :well it might come to ur surprise but whatever problems are listed there, i havent come across any of those, quicktime works fine, so does itunes, my sis connected her ipod and even that seems to work fine, personally i hate itunes 2 but well it works, i dunno whats the dealio with all u haters lol, wake up or something or try owning a mac, b4 i got one i thought i could never own one either but now i love it and its not because of adverts or whatever

I've tried 'em and while i like them as an Os, it just doesn't... *DO* what i want - which is to run the apps *I* want to run, not the apps i have to use because Mac doesn't have them.
Can you use grammar, please?

Your statement about most industry using Macs is wrong. Only in the design world is mac the norm; and not all companies use macs. In all honesty, I don't know why; equivalent Windows-based PCs are cheaper, and the programs are the same (adobe products).

In any case; LFS does not work on Mac OS, and never will.
/spam
Mac user here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EbCyibkNB0

I'd prefer LFS on a PC because the devs have come soo far on PC and making another version for mac would double their work and its just not worth the time and effort consitering the sall macintosh community
I feel very bad because all of my posts recently have been just plain offensive offtopic bullshit...

... but I didn't stadi ur language 4 10 yrs, just 2 b abl 2 read text like dis FFS!

I'd undestand if you were hanging out at the mall with an iPod hanging out of your Pepe Jeans, shouting and swearing at your mum on your iPhone about her delayed pocket money payment, but this is an Internet forum. That kind of behaviour doesn't attract Becky or Tiny.

EDIT: Ok, let's go back on topic for instance. I'd love to see native Mac and Linux versions some day, but I highly doubt them both. I hope though, that within few more years you can run the Windows version of LFS pretty well on OS X and Linux somehow...
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Oh, Jakg, you forgot to mention how useless macs are, and how you could get a better computer for less, and how its a waste of money.

Ok sorry for spam BUT I thought you were Jakg
Quote from Jakg :I've tried 'em and while i like them as an Os, it just doesn't... *DO* what i want - which is to run the apps *I* want to run, not the apps i have to use because Mac doesn't have them.

Jakg, Mac's have great games, like Halo, Doom 3, Quake 4, Doom 2, Doom 1, UT 2004, UT2003, UT, UT2007, Photoshop... Games that you beat on PC like 6 years ago... but they are still fun, because you get the joy of random kernel panics while playing.

Also Frokki, You can play LFS in linux and OSX rather decently, but nothing beats native, the FPS is decent, but nothing to phone home about.
Windows is the most widely used operating system and therefore reaches the widest userbase.

Quote from dawesdust_12 :Oh, Jakg, you forgot to mention how useless macs are, and how you could get a better computer for less, and how its a waste of money.

I agree with leaving LFS for windows!

But I disagree with your point of view on macs!

Macs are intended for a different market than Windows, (Video editors, musicians, artists, etc.... ) and apple even hase the one of the worlds most powerfull vidieo editing suites, and the OS is UNIX based!

The MAC is a Media OS designed for the people that need it!

Not designed to be the avarage personal PC. Macs render video and sound far better than windows does in most respects!

They simply never concentrated on 'coding for gamers' much because people who buy a mac are likely to not think about games!
#24 - Gunn
Quote from superSER :how difficult would it be to reprogram lsf to work under os x? i really dont want to install xp or even vista on my macbook pro but love the game

I'm sure that the four other people on Earth using Macs would totally agree with you.
lol gunn

I truly hate mac's, they p155 me of so bad. I remember one time at school in art class, we were looking at some photos on our teachers mac. While we was packing up getting ready to goto our next lesson, i asked the teacher "So sir, what made you buy a mac then?" he replied "i like it because it is very easy to sort files, and to put them into a slideshow etc." so i was thinking at this point, fair enough the man wanted something that is easy to sort files and to view, fair play to him! and then, the one thing he said which made me think he was a right numpty...."PLUS!! the 1.5ghz processor in my make is the same speed as a 4ghz intel processor!! Cool eh?" i just replied "sure sir..." why pissing myself laughing as leaving the room

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG