The online racing simulator
Yeah i just found this game about 2 weeks ago...and I LOVE IT...much better than the others that are out there, so i feel you on the frustration :-) Enjoy the Racing! you are only starting into your addiction
The same for me too.I found out LFS when searching the web for a decent race sim back in December.I suddenly stumble on this great game and it took me sometime to upgrade to S2 in March(15 i remember it!)and G25 was 2 weeks late than expected!(weeks of hell!).Ever since i am not such an outgoer lolololo!

I think that my social life needs to be renewed!lololol!!!!

Thanks the devs for this outstanding project!

The way i see it i will be playing for many many years,LFS of course!!!
i just found lfs a few months ago. i dont know why i didn't find it before becaude ive been looking for racing sims for ages
If i remember correctly I searched google with something like 'physics' and 'racing' and here we are.

No social life, a small obsession with toe in and a bad back later and I'm still here, at least, 3 three years later.
Quote from George Kuyumji :Welcome.

LFS is still in development, it has not been marketed the way finished games are beeing marketed.
Perhaps you havent stumbled across it because of that, in the Sim Racing community it is the most popular Online Simulation, even though the Program is still in "Alpha" stage and it has not beeing advertised.

... and btw it is kinda unfair to compare a Sim from 1998 to one that isnt even finished in 2007

Is the game being actively worked on? almost 50 bucks for a game in alpha form is pretty steep. Are there many add on tracks and cars?
I am considering purchasing the game but it is quite expensive compared to other sims out there. (I have gtr2, Race, rFactor)
Quote from doox00 :Is the game being actively worked on?

Well, since I found LFS and bought my license nearly the moment S2 was released I have downloaded patch P, P2, Q, S, T, T2, T3, T4, T5, U, U11, U20, U28, U30, U32, U33, U36, V, V4, V5, V6, V9, W, W9, W10, W17, W35, W38, X, and X10. You can see by version numbers, I haven't been able to download all patches because very often, I have seen 3 to 4 test patches released in a short time while I was still at work. Yes, I do believe the game is still actively worked on .
Quote from doox00 :Is the game being actively worked on? almost 50 bucks for a game in alpha form is pretty steep. Are there many add on tracks and cars?
I am considering purchasing the game but it is quite expensive compared to other sims out there. (I have gtr2, Race, rFactor)

Yes, the developers are working on new car and track updates, plus new physics changes and new AI, and I'm sure many other surprises we don't know about yet. To be honest £24 is not a bad price for a game in the UK, but with the amount of racing you can do it works out as good value for money.
#33 - Jakg
I'd just like to point out that although LFS is Alpha i feel it's already better than all the "finished" games out there - remember your Pre-Ordering S2 and as a thanks Scawen is letting you try the Alpha version. Alpha just means that there are even MORE features to come (Yay!).

If you don't feel it's worth it, then i doubt we can pursaude you, but in the UK £24 is pretty good, as most new PC games are about £35, and they get about 2 patches before going on my rack of PC Games that i never play - LFS is by no menas "dead"!
Even if the game said "This game will recieve no further development and updates at all, ever" it would still be worth buying it.
Quote from richy :Even if the game said "This game will recieve no further development and updates at all, ever" it would still be worth buying it.

Yup Even in it's so called Alpha state it's still a far more enjoyable driving experience than any of those ISI based sims, and has a far bigger active online community.

It is constantly being worked on and updated by developers that actually listen and communicate on a regular basis with their customers.
welcome
What is the point of a "Omg i got teh S2" thread, anyway? I mean, who exactly cares? It's just a waste of forum resources, especially since the same conversations occur in each "Omg i got teh S2" thread.
Quote from wheel4hummer :What is the point of a "Omg i got teh S2" thread, anyway? I mean, who exactly cares? It's just a waste of forum resources, especially since the same conversations occur in each "Omg i got teh S2" thread.

I would have thought a person making a nuisance of themselves and causing moderators to discuss such activity, then having to ban them, was a greater waste.

No?
Quote from wheel4hummer :What is the point of a "Omg i got teh S2" thread, anyway? I mean, who exactly cares? It's just a waste of forum resources, especially since the same conversations occur in each "Omg i got teh S2" thread.

How about you let the mods decide what is and isn't a waste of forum resources?

If you don't like a thread, don't post in it. Simple.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG