The online racing simulator
Window Damage
(16 posts, started )
Window Damage
how about having window damage when you hit into other players or a wall? this would the windows front, back and side. this would make racing more realsitic
Would be nice if the cars had windows in the first place (in the cockpit view)...
This is one of those S3 features. I am sure we will have it some day, but don't except it any time soon.
So many suggestions... i want time machine
lol
#6 - JTbo
Quote from Yordanov :So many suggestions... i want time machine

You can have it, if that is one that is built from scratch, no ready made kits

EDIT: oh yes, +1 for windows that go smash and timemachine would be nice indeed
+ 1, great idea, and thats both for the time machine and the damaged glas thingy
Yeah but i think a proper damage model would probably include this or something similar!
Make sure it's only in the appropriate cars, though. The GTRs would most likely use a lexan material or similar, same with the little clear 'window' on the open wheelers.
#10 - JTbo
Quote from MAGGOT :Make sure it's only in the appropriate cars, though. The GTRs would most likely use a lexan material or similar, same with the little clear 'window' on the open wheelers.

Lexan will crack just fine, it is not miraculous undestructable material.
Quote from JTbo :Lexan will crack just fine, it is not miraculous undestructable material.

Dont Say that , Nascars , They use it , they never Crash their Windows , They fall out at the most damege , And maybe bend
No, but it does not react the same way glass does.
#13 - JTbo
Quote from Dennis93 :Dont Say that , Nascars , They use it , they never Crash their Windows , They fall out at the most damege , And maybe bend

Often it fells out, often it cracks, but yes, acts different from glass and so it should be different in game, but there should be nothing that can't get destroyed, everything can and will when crash is enough hard.
Oh yea, of course. I wasn't implying that it should be indestructable, rather it should be different (and more resiliant) than the glass in the street cars.
Quote from MAGGOT :Oh yea, of course. I wasn't implying that it should be indestructable, rather it should be different (and more resiliant) than the glass in the street cars.

And maybe we should see a shard of glass protruding out of a driver's arm after someone crashes their FXO
Quote from h3adbang3r :And maybe we should see a shard of glass protruding out of a driver's arm after someone crashes their FXO

err5r, no that would be grody.

Window Damage
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG